Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Seattle, Washington, USA {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Seattle, Washington, USA {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2001, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Avoid the downtown Hilton. Itsa dump. The airport Hilton was below average, but I have not stayed there since the re-do. Airport DT is above average, but I still prefer the Seattle/Renton HGI.

MisterNice
Old Jul 10, 2001, 8:19 am
Suspended

The airport Doubletree is good. I've always been upgraded and full breakfast.
Old Jul 10, 2001, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the Bellevue Hilton during the last FlyerTalk shindig in September and the rooms and staff were quite nice.
Old Jul 10, 2001, 2:45 pm

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Although the Hampton Inn is not in the "downtown area" it is right near the Space needle.. pretty reasonable and nice Hampton Suites.... I had a separate room with a kitchen and a fireplace...
Old Jul 10, 2001, 3:38 pm
Original Member

Bellevue has 2 doubletree hotels, you want the Doubletree bellevue, not the doubletree bellevue center. The hilton in belevue is very nice also.
Old Jul 10, 2001, 5:01 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Homewood Suites Tukwilla is nice, 15 minutes from down town
Old Jul 12, 2001, 9:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres
I stay in Seattle all of the time...I would recommend the Bellevue Hilton, Bellevue Doubletree (read the address on one of the post to use...the other is a pit), or the Brand New Hilton at the Airport. All 3 of those are excellent choices. The Doubletree will be the most expensive, and you can usually get really good rates at the Airport.
Old Jul 12, 2001, 10:37 am

The doubletree at the airport is only nice if you are staying in the tower. Otherwise, you will have to walk 3 miles to get to your room.

THe Hilton at the airport is very nice, the staff is very receptive, and everthing else there is nice. The only problem is, I haven't been able to use their high-speed internet access any of the 3 times I have stayed there in the past month.

Old Jul 12, 2001, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
I like the Bellevue Hilton- rooms are nice - staff is great - they have free shuttle service within 5 of the hotel - even took me to the post office and waited for me one trip
Old Jul 14, 2001, 12:10 am

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
Have stayed in several airport-area properties:

Airport Doubletree is an older property, but rooms are nice. I agree that the tower rooms are the best. Staying there this week for $85/night.

Airport Hampton - newer, good staff. But, it's a Hampton. For the same price, stay at the Doubletree.

Hilton Garden Inn Renton/Tukwila - new property, nice rooms, sometimes hard to get reservations.

Doubletree Guest Suites Tukwila/Southcenter - older property, decent rooms, excellent staff. Still has cracks in the corridors from the earthquake.

Old Jul 17, 2001, 3:18 pm

UPDATE!! Best/Worst HHonors Hotels In Seattle?

/My family and I are looking for a nice Hilton hotel in/around Seattle. Does anybody have a favorite? a worst? Horror Stories? Great Stories?
Any HHonors hotel for Double dips will do. We have stayed in Embassy Suites before and liked the two room layout, microwave and Complimentary Breakfast. (Lompoc, CA.)

Thanks in advance. MG911Guy..../

Thanks To Everyone who posted a suggestion to my orig. question.

Well we ended up in Vancouver,BC. Stayed in the Hilton in Richmond (@Airport) WOW! what a fabulous property.

We had originally booked at the Hampton inn Suites, But the rooms were to small for all of us ($135.00 Cdn)

So we called the Hilton and got a King Suite for $149 Cdn!!!!
Gold VIP Upgraded also. The Hampton Inn wouldn't comp anything?

I would highly recommend The Hilton Airport in Vancouver,BC. to any one. The staff was very friendly and helpful, although HS Internet was unavailable for us also.

We ended up in Seattle at the Doubletree Guest Suites in Tukwila. $99 US. But Only an OK property.

It filled our needs with a King Suite. I was comp'd from Double to King with full breakfast buffet for all of us daily. The staff was friendly except for one dinner hostess.

I signed up for the EWRDC Promo just before leaving.

I think giving me Gold was a win win for everyone. Hilton has my business and we felt very special.

We are sticking with Hilton whenever possible.

Thanks Again MG911guy.....
Old Jul 17, 2001, 3:24 pm
DH

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MG911GUY:
Well we ended up in Vancouver,BC. Stayed in the Hilton in Richmond (@Airport) WOW! what a fabulous property.

We had originally booked at the Hampton inn Suites, But the rooms were to small for all of us ($135.00 Cdn)

So we called the Hilton and got a King Suite for $149 Cdn!!!!
Gold VIP Upgraded also. The Hampton Inn wouldn't comp anything?

I would highly recommend The Hilton Airport in Vancouver,BC. to any one. The staff was very friendly and helpful, although HS Internet was unavailable for us also.
</font>
Yes, my wife & I really like that YVR Hilton; we stayed there last Sept using saver award, 3 nts for 30K pts. It was a DEAL. We even got upgraded(?) to a suite on a free stay!
Old Jul 17, 2001, 3:58 pm

/Yes, my wife & I really like that YVR Hilton; we stayed there last Sept using saver award, 3 nts for 30K pts. It was a DEAL. We even got upgraded(?) to a suite on a free stay!/

DH, I'm a newbie working towards such a bargain! I am glad to have found the FT.

We are collecting points/miles for a BC/FC upgrade from LAX to FRA in April 2002.

MG911Guy...
Old Jul 17, 2001, 4:16 pm

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA-Hilton/Silver, Starwood, Marriott/Silver
We stayed at the Homewood suites in downtown last year and it was too noisy and far away. Didn't like the room layout either. We switched to 2 connecting rooms at the W Seattle and were much happier.

------------------
Old Jul 18, 2001, 12:07 pm

Programs: Southwest A+, SW Companion Pass, HHonors Diamond
I am currently staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Renton. Nice, nice rooms. Mine is on the ground floor. No view, but no highway noise either!

Breakfast buffet included with your Gold card. The free buffet is only the continentail stuff. If you want eggs, pancakes, etc. there is an extra $2 charge. Not bad for "made to order" breakfast!

OH! Also received a bottle of water upon check in. AND! There are Otis Spunkmeyer cookies at the desk every evening.

Overall, this is a good property that may become the regular stop for when I am in Seattle!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.