Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Beverly Hilton {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2004, 9:09 pm

Thank you everyone for your help!
Old Jan 16, 2005, 7:06 pm

Location: Only Delta Silver I'm trying to stay at home more :) Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Beverly Hilton – Any New Information?

I’ll be staying at the Beverly Hilton next week for a couple of nights. Does anyone here have any new, updated recent info for me about this property? I hope this is a very nice place to stay (we’re doing the tourist thing!) as this a special occasion. I’m HH Diamond. Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2005, 7:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Old information

I haven't stayed at the Beverly Hilton for over a year. Last time I was there they bumped me to a suite (HH Gold). The lobby and the common areas are nice. My room was worn looking. I heard it was in line for a renovation but I don't know if it occured it is still in the works.

Please post a trip report.

BTW: If you have time, go have a drink at the bar at the 4 Seasons. It is a great place to star gaze.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 7:20 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by mspguy
I’ll be staying at the Beverly Hilton next week for a couple of nights. Does anyone here have any new, updated recent info for me about this property? I hope this is a very nice place to stay (we’re doing the tourist thing!) as this a special occasion. I’m HH Diamond. Thanks!
The last time I was at the Beverly Hilton was in November. Was visiting the now-closed Delta CTO. I did notice that the lobby was much fresher and the reception desk had moved. Had a glimpse of the pool, which looked pleasant. There did seem to be some serious remodeling going on; but it seemed quiet and unobtrusive(easy for me to say, as I was not staying there). I will say that this property is in an absolutely superb location. If I were coming to Los Angeles and wanted to stay in the BH area and be in the most convenient location...it would come down to three choices: Beverly Hilton, Peninsula (just across the street from the Hilton) or Beverly Wilshire. Four Seasons is lovely, but not as conveniently located as the aforementioned hotels. Enjoy your stay in Beverly Hills. Feel free to PM me if you need any suggestions.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA: MM
Here's a copy of my post from last July:

"Beverly Hilton = Bad Idea. I just spent three nights there and the place is a mess. They are remodeling and the towers side is bangen-n-grindin from 8-6. The other area is way outdated and showing it's age.

The hotel staff does try very hard to make the best of the situation, but there really is no win here. We moved from the noisy side to a quiet room with moldy grout in the shower. We moved again to a suite but it was right next to the elivator and we heard cables rubbing and grinding all night long. The only reason we didn't leave was we wanted to be in the area. (Oh, and the breakfast buffet was super. eggs bennadict with smoked salmon!!)"

Let us know how your stay turns out

FWIW

DLM
Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:38 pm

I've always stayed at the Doubletree located just down the street on Wilshire. I've been upgraded to the Executive Suite 3 out of 4 times and the hotel is really nice. It has a good lounge downstairs but the breakfast buffet is just so so.

If it's sightseeing your looking at, I might think the Doubletree would be a better place to stay while the BH is being renovated IMHO.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by NCRBILL
I've always stayed at the Doubletree located just down the street on Wilshire. I've been upgraded to the Executive Suite 3 out of 4 times and the hotel is really nice. It has a good lounge downstairs but the breakfast buffet is just so so.

If it's sightseeing your looking at, I might think the Doubletree would be a better place to stay while the BH is being renovated IMHO.
With all due respect, NCRBILL, The Doubletree (a former Holiday Inn) can hardly be considered "just down the street on Wilshire." It is approximately 2 miles further west and in the middle of the Wilshire Corrider, which is all apartment buildings. One can easily walk to Westwood from the Doubletree, but, alas, there is nothing in Westwood except for the "W" Hotel (which some do love) and a few movie theatres. If one wants to be in Beverly Hills, the Doubletree is a poor choice (IMHO). I suggest that the OP contact the Hilton and ask about the status of the renovations.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 1:58 pm

I too have an award reservation coming up at the BH - anyone know if Diamonds get comped breakfast?
Old Jan 19, 2005, 6:54 pm

Location: Only Delta Silver I'm trying to stay at home more :) Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Thanks!

THANK YOU all for your feed back!!........I check in on Sunday....I'll post a report as soon as I can after I return home.....mspguy
Old Jan 19, 2005, 7:04 pm

Enjoy your stay in what is now, truly, "sunny california." Look forward to your tripreport and again, my offer holds: If you need suggestions in the area, please feel free to send me a PM. There are some good little places in BH which are unknown to tourists...Example: Brighton Coffee Shop
Old Jan 23, 2005, 4:37 pm

I was there in early December 04 and was worried from all the comments I read on this board but my stay went pretty well. First, the BH does not have an HHonors Lounge. I also made sure to request one of the remodeled rooms and it was small but nice. The furniture was modern, room was clean, and had a plasma tv, with L'Occtane (sp?) toiletries.

The staff was friendly and as Gold, received continental breakfast certs. The hot breakfast is definitely worth the extra couple of dollars and Rodeo drive walking distance from the hotel.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 8:47 pm

Hilton Beverly Hills Review

I recently stayed two nights at the Beverly Hilton, Beverly Hills, Ca.
The hotel from the outside looks like an older property with the multiple floors and balconies. Not real pretty looking and as I approached the hotel my first reaction (based on its curb appeal) was disappointment and was hoping that the hotel was better than the way it looked. The long, circular driveway is off of a side street that runs perpendicular to Wilshire Blvd. The entrance has a nice up-scale look and feel to it with a large area where you can park to un-load located in front of multiple glass doors. The valet was quick to approach our car and quickly helped with moving our luggage inside. I always use valet parking because, well, I like the service! On entering the property we were directed over to the left side of the lobby where check in is located. The check in area seems to be in a nice, large side office area that looks like its being used temporally while the renovation is under way. The desk clerk had my reservation and acknowledge that my Diamond and NWA number were in the reservation. She quickly handed me my rooms keys as I asked her if I was lucky enough to be upgraded. She replied that I was in their newly renovated area and would have a very nice king room. I asked if being placed in their new renovated area consisted of an up grade and she replied that was the “best they had available”. She included breakfast coupons for both of us for each morning of our stay but no welcoming gift. The main lobby area has many ceiling-to floor, gold velvet type curtains hanging to hide the on going renovation. It actually looks nice and was very presentable. There is a nice roomy bar area located in the lobby in addition to a large gift shop. This property just recently hosted the Golden Globe Awards in their main hall off the right side of the lobby. The hallway on the 7th floor was very nicely decorated with plush carpet, nice lighting fixtures and wall sconces and had the look and feel of a nice, upscale hotel. Our king room was smaller than the average hotel room but very nicely decorated. The king bed was fantastic. Extremely comfortable with a super soft cushy mattresses cover and triple sheeting in addition to a clean, white down comforter. The bed reminded me of the excellent beds at the BOS Hilton. Also on the bed were multiple pillows of varying degree of thickness and softness to choose from. On the night table was an excellent Bose radio/CD system that we enjoyed. The room had a wall mounted (large) flat screen TV hanging on the wall facing the bed. The flat screen TV was prefect because of the smallish size of the room so you lost zero floor space. The desk was a modern, upscale looking type with a typical adjustable desk chair. High speed internet (cord or wireless) was available for $10 bucks a day. Also in the room was a nice, very comfortable easy chair off the balcony side of the bed facing the wall mounted flat TV. The closet was average size and contained a programmable safe. The bathroom was cool looking in that the door was a sliding type of door that was easy to slide shut or open. Similar to a pocket door but not in a pocket. The tiled bathroom had two frosted glass areas, one for the shower (no tub) and one for the stool with recessed ceiling lights. The sink area (one sink) had some counter space around it but I would have liked more. Off to the left of the sink was a wall mounted flat TV (12”?) that was cabled and easy to use and worked very well. The shampoo/conditioner/lotion assortment was nice up-scale type within cool looking mini plastic bottled packaging. The towels were very soft and large and there were 3 of each contained in a wicker basket under the sink. The main bathroom lights were on a dimmer so you could dim for a nice soft look especially at night. The shower had one of those really large shower heads so the water pattern was spread but the water pressure was “hotel average” and I would have liked better pressure. Hanging in the bathroom were two extremely soft and comfortable robes. Turn down service was performed every night when we were out to dinner. There was a mini bar but we didn’t indulge. The balcony window curtains were a very nice pattern and looked upscale. The balcony was larger than “hotel average” but only contained one chair. The view from the room was unattractive as we were looking down on the back of some older businesses. My only issue with the room was that it was on the smallish side (not tiny), but OK.
The concierges were excellent and arranged a four hour private tour for us of LA. The tour guide had a very large SUV with tall windows and did a great job of showing us all the Hollywood film “touristy” attractions including movie star homes and even downtown LA. The concierge also offered us a pre-printed brochure listing nearby restaurants (by cuisine) that they recommended. They were great in giving directions to any place we wanted to go in LA. Within the concierge area are two PC’s available to use but I heard her say that it was $8.00 per hour or something like that to use them. We ate downstairs at Griffs for breakfast and the service was OK but nothing spectacular. The food offering, a breakfast buffet, was excellent and they gave credit for the HH certificates we had. I reviewed the dinner menu and it looked a little over priced. Griffs opens out onto a large patio which is at one end of the pool. The pool is large surrounded by cushioned lounge chairs. The only hotel renovation interruption we experienced was when we were lounging around the pool you could hear multiple jack hammers above. Other than that we didn’t experience any inconveniences from the on going renovation. On the morning of check out there wasn’t a folio under the door. At check out I asked why there wasn’t and was told that because of the new, thicker carpet just installed they can’t always get the folio under the door!
Also, every time we picked up our car from the valet there were two chilled bottles of water waiting for us in the cup holders – nice touch!
Well that’s my report. Please let me know if you have any questions and I’ll try to answer!
Old Jan 28, 2005, 12:59 pm

This sure sounds like they have done good on the remodel. I may have to stay at this property soon just so I can see if I like it or not.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 1:57 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
mspguy, thanks for the nicely detailed review.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 9:13 am

One More....

also....the elevators were noticeable very fast….slow elevators are a pet peeve of mine!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.