Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Points Limit Per Stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
Well, the 100,000 base point limit certainly hasn't changed! Surprisingly, the limit doesn't apply at Homewood Suites properties.
Not too surprising as Homewood Suites are the more apartment-like properties suitable for extended stays with a kitchen, full size fridge, etc. I think some IHG and Marriott brands offer the same. I know several folks on extended stays (3-5 months) use these. So, looks like HHonors did make a change to accommodate the point-savvy in their ToC.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
Originally Posted by yosithezet
5 years later?!
Having just read the entire thread, I too am bummed nothing more was posted by the gentleman in Egypt. I'd like to hear the rest of his story!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 6:22 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DAS02135
Having just read the entire thread, I too am bummed nothing more was posted by the gentleman in Egypt. I'd like to hear the rest of his story!
send him a PM@:-) This is a community.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:28 pm

Last edited by eltonang; Oct 29, 2017 at 4:55 am
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by cjd
Well, the 100,000 base point limit certainly hasn't changed! Surprisingly, the limit doesn't apply at Homewood Suites properties.
Do you have a source for this? I've got 60 days I need to book somewhere... if I can swing it at a homewood, plus diamond, plus double dip plus quad points....
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:38 am
cjd

Originally Posted by rhyme
Do you have a source for this? I've got 60 days I need to book somewhere... if I can swing it at a homewood, plus diamond, plus double dip plus quad points....
It's in the Hhonors Terms and Conditions. Under "Accrual of Points," item 11 states:
HHonors Members may not accrue more than 100,000 Base points during one stay, regardless of the amount of eligible folio charges, except for Homewood Suites by Hilton hotels and Qasr Al Sharq (a member of The Waldorf Astoria) for which there is no cap.

Can't understand why Homewood Suites is specifically excluded from the cap, as opposed to say Embassy Suites? I think the Qasr Al Sharq hotel probably gets you 100.000 base points after a couple of nights!!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Not too surprising as Homewood Suites are the more apartment-like properties suitable for extended stays with a kitchen, full size fridge, etc. I think some IHG and Marriott brands offer the same. I know several folks on extended stays (3-5 months) use these. So, looks like HHonors did make a change to accommodate the point-savvy in their ToC.
Originally Posted by cjd
Can't understand why Homewood Suites is specifically excluded from the cap, as opposed to say Embassy Suites? I think the Qasr Al Sharq hotel probably gets you 100.000 base points after a couple of nights!!
still ?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
In response to a PM from yosithezet - and interest above from, amongst others, FlyinDutchman, DAS02135 and eltonang - here's an update.

Almost six years later I am still in the same property 365 days/year. I haven't circumvented the limit on points per stay as such - instead I 'stay' at the property for three months, switching to my wife for three months, then back to me again, etc.

It was either that or Hilton losing circa US$40k per year in business. I've subsequently installed another three long-stay employees of the same company that I work for at the same property - a win-win situation.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:49 pm

Last edited by eltonang; Oct 29, 2017 at 4:53 am
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
So 5 years later this post gets an update.

I have been on the same stay for 92 days at a $108 rate. I was planning to stay another 4 weeks at least but this very attentive front desk employee mentioned when he saw me today that I was very close to the 100,000 base points limit. To my surprise I asked him what on earth he was talking about and he explained.

So. In the 92 days i've been here thats 99,360 base points. I still get the 50% bonus points for Diamond, the 50% bonus points for the "Points & Points" option, and the 100% bonus for the double points promo that went on during most of my stay. But, had I stayed just one more day, any base points would have been lost.

Thanks to the very nice front desk employee I will be checking out tomorrow, and checking back in on Saturday after a night across the street at another Hilton property. Disaster averted.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chaschas
So 5 years later this post gets an update.

Thanks to the very nice front desk employee I will be checking out tomorrow, and checking back in on Saturday after a night across the street at another Hilton property. Disaster averted.
Did you have to check into another Hilton to avoid this or could you have just checked out and checked back into the same hotel under a separate reservation?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by aaflyer1
Did you have to check into another Hilton to avoid this or could you have just checked out and checked back into the same hotel under a separate reservation?
He had to spend one night away at another property.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by aaflyer1
Consecutive stays typically count as one regardless of the number of check-ins and check-outs. Standard text in most hotel programs. The only other trick is to make a one-night res WITHOUT your program number attached and lose the credit for that night. If the FDC is nice, they may let you keep the same room so you don't have to move things.

Happy to see the FDC was on top of the rules and was forthcoming about the issue. Too bad the OP had no clue what he signed up for. A little planning may have eliminated the hassles.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: *Gold+Silver HHGold CCGold IHGPlatAmb
Originally Posted by chaschas
So. In the 92 days i've been here thats 99,360 base points. I still get the 50% bonus points for Diamond, the 50% bonus points for the "Points & Points" option, and the 100% bonus for the double points promo that went on during most of my stay. But, had I stayed just one more day, any base points would have been lost.

Is this correct? I thought there was a cap at 100k points?

Cheers
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Drosophila
Is this correct? I thought there was a cap at 100k points?

Cheers
Any additional points would be lost.
Terms and conditions:
10.Members may not accrue more than 100,000 Base Points during one stay, regardless of the amount of eligible folio charges, except for Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Qasr Al Sharq (a member of The Waldorf Astoria) hotels for which there is no cap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.