Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Nuremberg Hotel {DEU} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Nuremberg Hotel {DEU} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:32 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
What if you are only paying 30 EUR for the night with breakfast? We are travelling by car so this is good for us as parking is free.
That's an excellent rate -- and with a car the location (with free parking) is hard to beat. Do please leave a trip report after your stay!

Last edited by IMH; Apr 24, 2012 at 9:45 am Reason: Deleted "in the appropriate thread" as there's been some merging going on.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Trip report:

This is my first time staying at a Hilton (need to be in Nuremberg area to visit Playmobil Fun park). I can't really compared to other Hiltons, but I do stay a lot at Marriotts and this is like a in between a FS and a CY at Marriott.

We were 2 adults and 3 small kids and at check in we were told that all rooms can only accommodate max. 3 people regardless of how old your kids are. I'm not sure it's true - what if you have baby twins?

Then since we were paying such a low rate they could offer a free upgrade at HH Gold, FD offered us 2 connecting rooms for 60.8 EUR. One of the room was quite big and the other is a normal twin room.

The twin room's toilet smelled of mildew. Both rooms are a bit worn but nothing really bothered us.

There is a minibar in both rooms, and they sealed it with a some paper so that you can't use it as your personal fridge.

Children eat free at this Hilton, so we got breakfast for the whole family (I picked free breakfast since it's not included in the room rate).

The breakfast was good, there were freshly squeezed orange juice, all kind of hot and cold food. The quality is very good and it's very delicious. There is no made to order omlette.

If you have kids remember to join the little Hilton programme - they offer you a bag with tons of goodies including a Steiff teddy key ring.

The hotel is located very close to the motorway, so if you are dependent on public transport, stay somewhere else.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:06 am
IMH

Thanks for reporting back, nacho. Just one reminder for anyone considering this hotel -- although you wrote:
if you are dependent on public transport, stay somewhere else
... it's not actually that bad. The hotel is definitely not in the city centre, so it's not the right base for someone wanting to pop back to their room several times a day between visits to shops and restaurants, but:
Originally Posted by IMH
there's a local train (S-Bahn) station just 300 yards/metres away and a bus stop right opposite the hotel entrance with direct service (approx. 12 minutes) to the main railway station.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the reminder IMH I saw the train tracks but I didn't see the station.

About public transport:

It really depends on whether you are used to walking - we can easily handle public transport. We are used to waiting and walking, so we can handle it if we have to, we dragged bags and kids everywhere.

Public transport can be an issue if you stay there during a Sunday/Public Holiday.

However, when I saw how other people perceive distances and walking - I was shocked by how little they can handle walking and waiting and changing buses/trains.

A 10 mins train journey + a 20 mins walk to a hotel we previously stayed at is very ok to us but I read that people really commenting this as being 'in the middle of somewhere of nowhere' and 'far far away from the city', and a lot of them wrote simply that, 'you need a taxi'.

So since then I adjusted my comments about public transport and distance so that no one will come back and say that what I wrote is incorrect.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:23 pm
IMH

We are used to waiting and walking [...]
However, when I saw how other people perceive distances and walking - I was shocked
Fair comment -- perspectives on these things do differ greatly (as does actual physical mobility of course).
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:59 am
IMH

We stayed here again for one night this week.

Still clean and welcoming. No hint of a Diamond upgrade, though, and our newspaper request (Süddeutsche) didn't work out (we got a Wall Street Journal instead, which I suppose is at least a slight improvement on the USA Today we received last time).
Old Jul 5, 2012, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IMH
We stayed here again for one night this week.

Still clean and welcoming. No hint of a Diamond upgrade, though, and our newspaper request (Süddeutsche) didn't work out (we got a Wall Street Journal instead, which I suppose is at least a slight improvement on the USA Today we received last time).
Do you get any welcome gift such as a plate of fruit and water in your room?

I never got my newspaper, and the room that I got (I paid to get a second room for the kids at check-in) had a plate of fruit and water for another guy. I told them about this and they remove the whole thing (I saw the card has a 'G' mark on it and I assume that he is gold), I notified the FD and they removed it without saying anything (not that I wanted to eat any of the fruit but it's strange).

That room was a small room - it was a King Hilton Plus (they claimed), and you can smell mildew in the bathroom which is pretty bad. So if he is a VIP he really got his upgrade.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:23 am
IMH

Do you get any welcome gift such as a plate of fruit and water in your room?
Technically it's a "yes", but only just. There was a welcome card accompanied by a single apple, a jar of savoury coated peanuts (they looked truly disgusting and remained untouched) and a couple of 33 cl bottles of water (completely unnecessary in a country with perfectly drinkable tap water).
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
First, I have been Diamond for the last 6 years.

Figured I would post an update. I stay here a few times each year and have never been upgraded.

This week, I have stayed at the hotel on 2 different occasions. On both occasions I DID NOT receive the room I reserved, I was actually downgraded as opposed to upgraded. I had reserved a normal King room and received a Queen room on both occasions.

My first check-in was on Sunday. I checked in around 11:30 am. I was very appreciative that they allowed me to check in. I received my breakfast coupon and internet code voucher. I went to my room and it was a queen, not the king I reserved. In the room were two bottles of water (one sparking and one still). I changed and went to the gym to work out. 45 minutes into my workout a gentleman came in and asked if I could leave because "they had a class of about 20 people coming in." I really didn't know what to say as this is a hotel gym. I moved my stuff and finished my remainder in the outside room. Now, their "class" was a PPT presentation that took about 10 minutes. Unbelieveable!!! Later that night, I was delivered a jar of mixed nuts, an apple and another bottle of water (don't remember if still or sparkling).

My second check-in was on Tuesday. I checked in late, which was no problem. I again received my internet code and breakfast voucher. I had indicated on my reservation to "upgrade to king junior suite if available." I went to my room and again received a queen, not the king I reserved. This bothered me, so I looked online and I could book a King Plus or a King Junior Suite for that evening. I then went back down to the front desk and asked if I could have one of the rooms. The agent needed to get a gentleman (I assume the manager) and he said he only had 1 King plus room available and he could put me in it. GREAT, as I needed to workout in the room in the AM as the gym didn't open until 6:30 am the next morning. I was very appreciative and let the gentleman know this. I went up to the room, opened the door and a plum (not visible) of smoke came out. I am asthmatic and don't like my clothes or luggage smelling of smoke. I immediately left and went back to the front desk. I apologized and asked for my old room back as the room smelled of smoke. The agent put me back in my old room. I apologized 2 more times and went on my way. I had also asked for a 6 am wake-up call, just incase my alarm didn't go off at 5:30. I never received a wake-up call. Oh, my first room had 3 bottles of water, an apple and jar of nuts when I first went in.

I will be back there later this week and we will see what happens.

I am confused with how some Hiltons get away without giving the perks of the HHonors program. I usually don't mind not getting an upgrade, but now that I am working out everyday, I need some extra room. I always carry my resistance bands with me, just incase the gym isn't open or doesn't have free weights or pull-up bars. Fortunately, I was able to move the chair, ottoman and table out of the way (barely) to do my workout. If that day was Plyometrics, I don't think I would have had enough space, and the room below me wouldn't be happy (especially at 5:30 am).

Edit: On neither occasion upon check-out was I asked how my stay was.

Last edited by 91StealthES; Jan 16, 2013 at 4:06 pm
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
The Hampton Inn by Hilton Nuremberg openend this week, offering a centrally located alternative to the Hilton (which is somewhat out of town).

Currently rewards are 40k, or C&P, compared to 30k at the Hilton.

http://www.hiltonhotels.de/deutschla...g-city-centre/
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
While the Hampton may be new - it is a Hampton. Still a 250m walk from the station - is next to a Novotel, Holiday Inn, MH. 5-level hotel - quite nicely appointed.

As Gold a got an -01 room which seems 'slightly' bigger from the floor map and a view over the railway (double glazing thankfully). Breakfast upgrade and a Gold/Diamond voucher for a free drink/snack from the lobby bar. Not a massive amount directly in the area with a few other bars in the hotel next door looking nicer, but not a massive walk to the beautiful old city.

Anyhow real Hilton tomorrow night.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any recent updates on this hotel? Might be staying here for a quick overnight on way to Munich
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Any recent updates on this hotel? Might be staying here for a quick overnight on way to Munich
I stay here numerous times throughout the year, last time was in the Summer of 2015. I'll be returning to the hotel soon.

It's an older facility, but the staff is great. Rooms are clean (though you might smell mildew in the bathroom) and breakfast is large. Parking is also free at this hotel.

If you want a Hilton brand, but something newer, the Hampton is downtown near the train station. I stay here numerous times a year as well. Parking here is either on the street or in a garage.

I like both hotels and comfortably stay at both.

Last edited by 91StealthES; Jan 14, 2016 at 10:09 am
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I stayed there in November 2015. My first experience many years ago has been a night with considerably interrupted sleep as three bus loads of soccer fans at 03.00 am decided to make any noise, bus drivers decided not to put the motor off, soccer fans wanted access to the hotel bar and this lasted for more than one hour. I phoned front desk agent and he was helpless.
So I was somewhat apprehensive when giving this hotel a new try. First of all I emailed the GM and she was very responsive. I then phoned the hotel in advance to make sure I have a room to the back (no soccer fans) and the lady front desk agent was extremely helpful. When I checked in I had a great time in there. While the restaurant was fully booked and the bar extremely busy bar staff was still attentive and friendly when I decided to have dinner there. At breakfast I was deeply impressed by the quality of breakfast items and the friendliness of staff.
Everything was already said about location and the condition of the rooms. Nevertheless I had a positive experience and would like to come back.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 2:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Stayed here last night. Only booked the hotel about one hour prior to arrival. Got welcomed and upgraded to a "king plus room" and got two welcome drinks at the bar ,this included large 0,5l beers! . Hotel is old, but room was clean which was all we cared for. There was a strange smell tough, but this seemed the same all over the hotel. While it is a perfectly fine older "3 star" hotel, it is in stark contrast with the modern Hilton Munich Park we stayed at the two nights before. But I knew that when I booked by reading this thread. Anyways, I would not hesitate to stay here again on a quick overnight stay, but would check other hotels in the area first. e.g. Sheraton and Meridien.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.