Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HH Diamond (UK) - Account mysteriously closed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver

For the last 3 days I was having problems trying to log-in on-line to make a booking. The password reset email also would not work.
I was logged in on my App but could not make a booking.

Today I called HH Customer Services and was told my account has been closed. They could not tell me why but advised I send an email which I did earlier today. (and sent them a FB message too).

Any ideas why my account could have been closed?
I've only had 3 reservations this year and have another booked for November, Certainly not happy with HH on this
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:06 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi gallagher,

I sent you a PM to get more information. I hope to hear from you.

Thank you,
Lauren
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:11 pm

I believe Hilton have been closing peoples accounts that have had a status match as they suspect that people have been creating false proof of their current status with the competitors

Originally Posted by gallagher
For the last 3 days I was having problems trying to log-in on-line to make a booking. The password reset email also would not work.
I was logged in on my App but could not make a booking.

Today I called HH Customer Services and was told my account has been closed. They could not tell me why but advised I send an email which I did earlier today. (and sent them a FB message too).

Any ideas why my account could have been closed?
I've only had 3 reservations this year and have another booked for November, Certainly not happy with HH on this
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
As usual, if you truly did nothing wrong, all will be sorted out in due course. No company alienates customers lightly. You might have been hacked and your account locked as a precaution.

But if you fudged a status match, used a corporate or other code that you aren't entitled to, booked stays for other guests to try to provide status benefits they aren't entitled to, and any other abuse of the system, you might not have much of a case. Let us know how it goes...
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:16 am
Original Poster

I did get a status match last year, but it certainly wasn't 'fudged'.

Hopefully all will be soerted soon
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Has it been over twelve months since your last stay?

Also remember after the first year you will normally need to earn the status from then on with stays, but if you don't you would normally be moved done to an appropriate tier.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Skimanant
Has it been over twelve months since your last stay?

Also remember after the first year you will normally need to earn the status from then on with stays, but if you don't you would normally be moved done to an appropriate tier.
Your misunderstanding his complaint. His account was completely closed, not downgraded.

He also status matched last year so his status is valid until March 2017 regardless of any stays.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:19 pm

Gallagher - please come back and let us know what was the outcome of this. Was the HHonors Representative on FT able to resolve this?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:17 pm

I would be pretty surprised if we heard a response from the OP on this one.

I could always be wrong.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
I would be pretty surprised if we heard a response from the OP on this one.

I could always be wrong.
Why do you say this?

FYI - Nearly 36 hours since I sent an email and a FB message but still no reply. The FT contact is still looking into this for me
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:20 am

Inside Flyer (I think it was someone there anyway) posted about two weeks ago now that HH were closing accounts that had been status matched using photoshopped.

They also mentioned then that some genuine ones had been caught in the crossfire. Assuming everything else is in order with your account this is probably what has happened.

It might be worth sending them (and the FT rep) a fresh screenshot of the information you used to match if you still have access to it or can show last years totals.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by gallagher
Why do you say this?
There have been cases in the past where programs have made an error and then asked that the issue not be discussed further, this promise being part of the resolution.

And if you made the error, you'd probably not want to admit wrongdoing.

However if you get a positive resolution and are free to talk about it, then of course we'd all be curious...
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:52 am

This happened to me after a status match from Hyatt. Certainly no photoshopping on my end. A call to the Diamond desk and about 20 minutes on the phone got my account reinstated. No comment from the desk one way or the other about WHY the account closure occurred. The rep said there were no comments on the account either.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Your misunderstanding his complaint. His account was completely closed, not downgraded.

He also status matched last year so his status is valid until March 2017 regardless of any stays.

Actually no, I am not misunderstanding.

If no earning in 12 months, it may be closed.

Status matched last year> when last year? May be more than 12 months again. March 2017 from last year? Do you mean March 2016?

Thanks for shooting down.

Last edited by Skimanant; Jul 14, 2016 at 4:29 pm
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks to FT Hilton rep my account is open again and I'm still Diamond - still not sure why it was closed though

Is there an easy way to find out when my Diamond status expires please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.