Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 1999, 4:20 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2016] Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Just used my trusty GLON certificate for a 6 day stay at the above hotel. Has anyone stayed there, have any tips, and tell me if it is easy to get a gold upgrade to Executive with a certificate stay? I must say it is easier to upgrade at properties outside of the US than within.
Old Jan 25, 1999, 3:17 am
Original Member

It is quite difficult to get upgraded on a cert stay at Conrad HK. I have stayed numerous times on paid and cert stays and I am a Diamond member. Upgrades are no problem with paid stays but tough with the certs. Hope you have better luck. Never hurts to try though.
Old Jan 25, 1999, 6:33 pm
Original Member

Very neat hotel! Haven't stayed but have had tea in the lobby several times. Excellent location, very convenient to shopping etc.
Old Jan 29, 2001, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
HKG Conrad

I just convinced my better half to take a short vacation to Hong Kong. We found a great air fare, but it looks like the room rates will cause this trip not to happen.

She insists on staying in an Executive level room, as she always does when we travel (she loves the lounge). An executive level room at this hotel would cost about $600 (US) more for our length of stay over the best available rate.

I am Gold with Hilton, and was wondering if booking the best available rate, and counting on Executive level upgrade is a good risk at this property.
Old Jan 29, 2001, 1:45 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

As a gold I was never upgraded at this property, but as a diamond I was upgraded even on an award stay.
Old Jan 29, 2001, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Silver, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
i've been upgraded to a suite w/ an amazing view of both the Peak and the Harbour the last five times (over the last 6 months) i've stayed at the Conrad. The first two times as a HH Silver on really cheap rates and the last three as a Gold on average rates.

i guess this doesnt answer your question about the executive floor but i would expect you to get some form of nice upgrade. personally, i'll take the suite over the exec floor
Old Jan 29, 2001, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Well, I found a bounce back rate for a Executive room at $2250 HKD (288 US).

This is cheaper then the $2750 standard Executive room rate, but not as good as $1750 (224 US) best available rate.

I think the $64 (US) difference will be made up in the cost of food and drink.

Thanks for the advice.
Old Feb 7, 2001, 11:47 am

Hong Kong - Conrad International

I was wondering if anyone can share some information about Hong Kong.

I'm planning a business trip to Hong Kong and will most likely stay at the Conrad International (Hilton affiliate). I wanted to know if anyone has ever stayed at that hotel? If so, any experiences regarding the hotel, gym, guest services, etc. would be most appreciated.

Also, it'll be my first time in HK so I'm hoping to see some of the sights and culture that HK has to offer. Again, any suggestions?

Finally should I be aware of any local customs so I don't offend anyone.
Thanks in advance, Q...
Old Feb 7, 2001, 8:40 pm

Ahhh, Hong Kong. I just moved back living there for two years. Lovely place.

The Conrad is wonderful. Nice fluffy beds, great harbour views and you can keep the duckies in the bathroom. You are situated above a big shopping mall. Very convenient location - taxis, buses and the MTR (metro).

Try the Sunday brunch at the Brasserie.

For nightlife - go to Lan Kwai Feng (ask the Conceriege). Bars are open til the wee hours.

Stanley is a nice day trip (6x bus) Sit on the top level.

Don't worry too much about offending the locals - kind of hard to do.

Two tips: hand your business card (facing them) with two hands.

Line your business cards on the table in the order which the people are seated facing you.

Thank you is:Mgoy (mmm goy)

Have a great time!

Cheers,

Del
Old Feb 16, 2001, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA LIFETIME GOLD, 1.7MM; HH Diamond
Hong Kong Conrad

Stayed last weekend at the Hong Kong Conrad while on a mileage run. I was told at the desk that since September 2000 they no longer upgrade Gold status HHonors members. They do give free breakfast and you can either go to the restaurant or have it delivered by room service.

I didn't ask for access to the Executive Lounge. I was only there for 2 full days and they were busy days. You need a special card for the elevator if you want to go there. I only know that because somebody on the elevator inserted a card in a special slot and then hit the lounge floor. Executive floors start at 50 and I was on 49. So near to heaven and yet so far.

My room was lovely and had a view of the waterfront and Kowloon between the buildings in front. I got a kick out of the turndown the first night. I got in very late--after midnight--and had been traveling for about 30 hours between the trip to the airport and then the flight to SJC then NRT and finally, on JAL to HKG. I was in no mood for anything but a good night's sleep. When I entered the room the bed had been turned down and tucked into a corner of the sheet was a tiny teddy bear with Conrad International Hong Kong written across his chest. It was a very humorous touch I thought. Then I entered the bathroom and found a yellow rubber ducky perched on the tub. Looks like someone at the Conrad has a sense of humor.

I thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The Concierge was great, the help helpful and the service topnotch. My only complaint was the scrambled eggs. I like mine dry, theirs were runny.

Chrism
Old Feb 16, 2001, 8:50 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Nice report, thanks.

I'm sorry that U weren't upgraded, tho...I would have really enjoyed reading that report!

But it sounds like U got your free amenity: breakfast.
Old Feb 17, 2001, 12:42 pm

I don't understand how hotels in HHonors can just "decide" they're not going to follow HHonors guidelines. This irks me because I was considering a stay at the Conrad Hong Kong.
Old Feb 17, 2001, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The HK Conrad is one of three towers bunched together which include the Shangri-La and the JW Marriott. Both of the other hotels honor upgrades. The Shangri-La is the best of the bunch.
Old Mar 8, 2001, 7:41 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Great hotel and great location!
Old Mar 8, 2001, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 2MM; UA LT Gold MM; HH LT Diamond; Marriott Tit LT PLT
Great hotel and location on Hong Kong Island. However, I don't remember the property having an exercise room - but then I was too busy to use it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.