Wiki Posts
Search

HGVC offers and solicitations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

HGVC offers and solicitations

Hi!

I was wondering what type of offers everyone has been getting from Hilton Grand Vacations.

They have just started calling me and offering $699 for 7 days/6 nights at waikoloa beach (with car, parking, $200 next stay certificate included).

I'm pretty sure I can get them to make it a better offer, and was curious what others had been offered/gotten from negotiating.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR LTGold, UA, AA, AS, DL, Global Entry & TSAPre✓
That sounds decent based on our history... When we traveled there in January '14, it was $749 (+ tax) for the package you described + 15,000 points. Before I accepted, I compared it to what we did in January '10, and it was comparable. In 2010 they placed us in King's Land; we had been to HWV (the hotel resort itself) a couple times before, and while we enjoy the resort grounds, it was nice having a kitchen available to save on food costs -- even though farther from the coast. (still able to use resort facilities, with parking included)
When we received the call towards the end of 2013, they proposed staying in HWV. I asked that we be in King's Land again, in a 1BR unit, and he eventually said "okay". But when I called to reserve specific dates, they did not want to book us there; and after consenting then said they only make different types of units available, charging much extra for a 2BR unit, but eventually relented and booked us into what we wanted for no additional cost.
Looks like we also received HWV luau tickets in 2010. Didn't ask about that last time, since we did it already.
My suggestions:
- Research where you would like to stay, in particular, especially if you have more than 2 people (kids, for example) -- hotel vs. King's Land, and what category of room would be acceptable. They also have Bay Club and Kohala Suites nearby, but those are more mature properties so less likely to put you in there.
- I had good success showing interest, but saying I wasn't really interested in what they were specifically offering.
- Take good notes about who you talked to, when, and what was promised -- especially if they end up providing something beyond the initial offer.
- Note also that the Spend a Night On Us certificate is typically for a specific brand (Hilton vs. Doubletree vs. Embassy Suites, etc.) and you usually need to specify that when booking specific dates.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Also remember that it will be VERY difficult to get what you want in high season--be certain to book well in advance.

There are hidden conditions (unless they have now fixed) not shown on the certificate. It was hard work for us to keep it all on track (getting $200 back--has to be done by mail, restrictions on type of hotel, amount etc.; two or four weeks advance booking for the vacation stay, I can't remember which).

We did enjoy ourselves at the property and preferred King's Land with kitchen and free parking for our needs but likely wouldn't go this route (timeshare presentation offer) ever again. I figure we saved about $300 at most overall. Our time is worth more than this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.