Wiki Posts
Search

Reservation Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Reservation Question

Hello,

What is the farthest out a Hilton hotel can be booked in advance?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Generally speaking, one year in advance, but on occasion, you can book further out, but not the norm.

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Hello,

What is the farthest out a Hilton hotel can be booked in advance?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Also don't be surprised if you only get a pretty high rate a year out, or even that the hotel hasn't loaded all rates until a more 'reasonable' time. Certainly don't go for a prepaid rate on the assumption that rates can only go down at that stage .

It's fine if you know there will be a big event nearby on that date and want to make sure you get a room, but I'd keep checking back at monthly intervals at least to see if prices go down.

At the moment, my furthest out booking is at the end of May in Chicago and I'd say that half the hotels in my search results are showing as 'sold out' by which I take it that they simply haven't loaded any rates yet.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
When I know I am going to be in a place a year out, I just book the room as a place holder.

Be aware that booking with points, there is a good chance that seasonality of the price with points will not be reflected until couple of months later (i.e., even you suspect it would be "low" season with "low" season prices, the "high" season price might be shown as default).

That said, there were instances that booking with point, the premium room prices were considerably cheaper at the edge of the reservation period (and gone way up couple of days after).

I've find that the cheapest prices usually appear around 6-10 weeks prior to the stay period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.