Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Day Rate" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:33 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I've always received 1 stay and 1 night credit for my day rate stays.

This actually can be slightly problematic if you arrive early and want a day room at, say, an airport location after a red-eye flight, then move to a different hotel for the overnight stay. You'd only receive credit for the 1 stay/night if both hotels happened to be HHonors hotels...
Yes, as pointed out here and in previous threads, you get both stay and night credit.

When I had the situation you describe, an email to the Diamond Desk quickly had both stays posted.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:39 pm

Reviving an old thread...

I'm wondering if day use rooms will recognize HHonors Gold benefits? Specifically I'm thinking of free breakfast and lounge access.

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Ricebucket

I'm wondering if day use rooms will recognize HHonors Gold benefits? Specifically I'm thinking of free breakfast and lounge access.

Thanks!
Yeah I was thinking the same thing only a few days back.......can I turn up, have breakfast and go to bed?....would be handy to hear If others have.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

A couple of years ago ( HH Gold) I used a day rate at the LAX Hilton for a long layover. I got upgraded to the Executive floor and had lounge access so I did get the benefits.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 21, 2015, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ricebucket

Thanks!
They usually do. It is one of my favourite end-of-year mattress run strategies. Cheap day rate, go in time for breakfast, use the hotel gym, pool and lounge, shower and head home. Nice weekend day out rather than just checking in to a mattress run hotel and going home.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
They usually do. It is one of my favourite end-of-year mattress run strategies. Cheap day rate, go in time for breakfast, use the hotel gym, pool and lounge, shower and head home. Nice weekend day out rather than just checking in to a mattress run hotel and going home.
Not a bad strategy!

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 21, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hey that's a bloody good idea there......will bear in mind.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Lightbulb

This is brilliant. My kind of fun. You can teach an old dog new tricks (including the kind that are right in front of your face). Thank you. ^

Now, do day rates vary widely? And I don't remember seeing them on the booking pages. Would making a reservation the old fashioned way - by phone - also work?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Firewind
This is brilliant. My kind of fun. You can teach an old dog new tricks (including the kind that are right in front of your face). Thank you. ^

Now, do day rates vary widely? And I don't remember seeing them on the booking pages. Would making a reservation the old fashioned way - by phone - also work?
You can book online. Just set the departure date to be the same as the arrival date. It works fine as long as you unclick the "use HHonors points" button.

You can also use the flexible date function to find the cheapest day rate days. ^
Old Nov 21, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Duh. Or in modern parlance: "'Doh!"

Looking forward to a nice weekend hunt.

Thanks again.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
What time is one allowed to check in for a day rate? How early?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:25 am

Day rates and the hours differ property by property. As for rates, for the properties I have stayed at, they are usually 1/2 price of the BAR at the time of booking. Sometimes I ended up booking a proper night even when I only need some layover time between flights as a discounted night rate could match a day rate. So far, all my day rate bookings mirror the terms of the BAR which is cancellable.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by PayItForward
Day rates and the hours differ property by property...
...and finding the exact details of the hours seems much harder than it should be (it doesn't feature in the booking email, where you'd expect to see it)

I've always received 1 stay and 1 night credit for my day rate stays.
In the last six months I have always received stay credits but never night credits for day-rate bookings.

Maybe they got wise to this.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Just wondering how are day-rates found (price & room selection) ? Do you need to contact the hotel directly ?

Didn't manage to find such an option on the Hilton website.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by wantan
Just wondering how are day-rates found (price & room selection) ? Do you need to contact the hotel directly ?

Didn't manage to find such an option on the Hilton website.
If you set both the check-in and check-out to the same day, you should it noting as a day-rate search. I did a sample booking for Dec 9th in Oakland, CA, and almost all properties showed no Day Rate available and a few had a link to check available dates. Drilling down on a few of them did not find rates available.

YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.