Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Hatton Cross is part of the Heathrow free travel zone if you enter/exit the tube at Hatton Cross w/ contactless/Oyster card?
No. A tube trip from Hatton Cross to T5, T123, or T4 will cost you., it absolutely isn't free.

As noted the tfl buses from Hatton Cross to T123, T4, and T5 are free.

The single fare cost for Hatton Cross to any of the Heathrow stops is £1.70 peak and £1.50 off-peak when using a osyter or contactless card.

Just to add to the OP's query I usually stay at the HGI and I usually will use the tube to go to T5 or T123.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by jsfr
If you have an Oyster card (which you probably will if you have been in London any length of time) it is free.
The tube is not free from Hatton Cross to T123, T5, or T4, see above. The tube is only free for inter terminal transfers.

The only negative is that there are some steps involved to cross the road, with tons of luggage could be difficult.
The only "steps" on crossing the roads are stepping from the kerbs to the street. There are lowered portions of the kerbs at the crossings so the "step" is not significant.

There are steps (not escalators) down to the platform level at Hatton Cross, although the platforms are not deep. There are some lifts at Hatton Cross from the platform to ground level I think so the steps can be avoided if necessary.

Last edited by KARFA; Sep 22, 2016 at 9:25 am
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:40 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
From Hatton Cross, the buses which go to Heathrow Central (for T2 and T3) are the 285 and 555.

The 285 is a London red double-decker bus. The 555 is not a London bus, and is white and is quite small with an electronic display at the front.

These buses are free and you just get on and sit down (or stand). Most people don't even look at the driver, but you can of course nod or say hello.

Annoyingly, these buses stop at different places outside the station, and also have another stop nearby going in the opposite direction so be careful you get on the correct bus.

There is another bus, the X26, which also goes to Heathrow Central from the same stop as the 285, but it is not free.

The 285 comes roughly every 10 minutes and the 555 every 30 minutes during the day. They take about 15 minutes to get to Heathrow Central.

The tube is faster although not free. If I am not late for my flight I prefer to take the bus, even with luggage as I don't have to fumble around for a card.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:19 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Where does the free buss drop you off for Term 3. How far to walk to enter the terminal? I don't want todrag my luggage over uneven walks and kerbs at the terminal end.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Heathrow Central Bus Station. (There are no bus stops at T3 itself except for car rental shuttles).

The bus station is just above the railway station and is designed for accessibility - it'll be a dropped kerb across a pedestrian crossing, then an elevator down to a flat surface for a 5-10 minute walk with travelators until directly outside the terminal, and an escalator at the other end.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:15 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Cymro
Heathrow Central Bus Station. (There are no bus stops at T3 itself except for car rental shuttles).

The bus station is just above the railway station and is designed for accessibility - it'll be a dropped kerb across a pedestrian crossing, then an elevator down to a flat surface for a 5-10 minute walk with travelators until directly outside the terminal, and an escalator at the other end.
Can I cut down the 5-10 min walk by using one of the hotel shuttle busses?

or if one uses the tube is it more direct to go from the T3 stop to checkin?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
The good news is that the H9 Hoppa does drop at the terminal.

The bad news is that it costs £5 per person, instead of free, and the really bad news is that they only run hourly, only at peak times (before 9 and after 4), instead of every 10 minutes or so throughout the day like the public buses.

The tube and the bus are much of a muchness once you get there: the bus station is basically above the tube station (but then you have to go down an extra flight of stairs to get to the tube in the first place...)
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:14 am

Just to add that there aren't many stairs from concourse to platform level at Hatton Cross since the line is not that deep. There are also elevators so the stairs can be avoided.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Saw this thread last friday and actually stayed at the HGI 23/09
forgot to take a photo on the morning run to LHR but remembered to snap a photo sunday passing through so those thinking about the walk and not playing "chicken" with the traffic... this is the bridge to cross from the HGI walking to hatton cross. never used it myself

Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by tynmar
Saw this thread last friday and actually stayed at the HGI 23/09
forgot to take a photo on the morning run to LHR but remembered to snap a photo sunday passing through so those thinking about the walk and not playing "chicken" with the traffic... this is the bridge to cross from the HGI walking to hatton cross. never used it myself
You are playing chicken with the traffic because you are going the wrong way. There is no need to play chicken if you go the right way.

When you come out of the station take the right door (not the left one which goes to the bus stops), cross Faggs Road using the signaled pedestrian crossing, carry along the path on Great South-West Road, cross Eastern Perimeter Road at the zebra crossing, pass around to the back of the low building in front of you, enter the HGI from the back entrance.

This route is both easier, safer, and quicker.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by KARFA
You are playing chicken with the traffic because you are going the wrong way. There is no need to play chicken if you go the right way.

When you come out of the station take the right door (not the left one which goes to the bus stops), cross Faggs Road using the signaled pedestrian crossing, carry along the path on Great South-West Road, cross Eastern Perimeter Road at the zebra crossing, pass around to the back of the low building in front of you, enter the HGI from the back entrance.

This route is both easier, safer, and quicker.
This is correct. I actually went the "back way" on my first visit to the property as I went out the door that faces away from the A30 and went around Envoy but still never needed to go across the bridge mentioned above. After getting to the hotel I looked out and realized that I could indeed walk on a sidewalk the whole way to Hatton Cross from the Hotel. It is way easier than we are making it here to be honest.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
KARFA that is awesome, I did look on google maps the other month when I had my first stay here but couldn't see the path when present at the hotel, I asked the front desk and they sent me on the route which turned out to be the slightly longer way. Will be sure to try this way next time.

A recent report as I stayed 23/9, was booked in a queen back when the summer sale was on for £55 and the room changed around 24 hours out to a King. Parking is £9 overnight. Managed to get both 750 HH points and a breakfast voucher for my wife who was checking out a little later as I had an early flight, I was told breakfast was very good. Bar was busy in the evening and the room was clean enough.

This being my second stay I would return for a rate under £80/70 in the future as I quite enjoy the convenience of the tube as its quicker than the buses.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by tynmar
KARFA that is awesome, I did look on google maps the other month when I had my first stay here but couldn't see the path when present at the hotel, I asked the front desk and they sent me on the route which turned out to be the slightly longer way. Will be sure to try this way next time.

A recent report as I stayed 23/9, was booked in a queen back when the summer sale was on for £55 and the room changed around 24 hours out to a King. Parking is £9 overnight. Managed to get both 750 HH points and a breakfast voucher for my wife who was checking out a little later as I had an early flight, I was told breakfast was very good. Bar was busy in the evening and the room was clean enough.

This being my second stay I would return for a rate under £80/70 in the future as I quite enjoy the convenience of the tube as its quicker than the buses.
No problem tynmar.

For most of the overnight stays around LHR I ususally arrive late and leave early. As I usually leave early I get the extra points and have breakfast in the lounge. I usually will look at the HGI first to see what the rate is when booking something. Typically, unless booking at the last minute or unless something is on nearby, you can get it under £70. I often seem to be able to book at less than that, and I have a few upcoming bookings at sub £50. For me it is comfortable, convenient, good value, and easy to get to on the tube.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:40 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
deleted
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I normally use the route on the picture above although tend to go to the left of the silver building in the top right hand corner. Makes no difference as it's the same entrance you use.

Never had breakfast there as generally out before 6am for the tube and the Hoppa once.
Not keen on paying around £15 for say fish & chips plus a drink at the bar area but there's not much around there food wise other than the petrol station and maybe the newspaper shop in the station if it's open but that's sweets and crisps.

I'm staying at the Bath Road Premier Inn next month. £53 at the PI Vs. £102 at the HGI so that's around £50 in my pocket (taking into account the £9 Hoppa Vs. £6? on the tube with an Oyster card). No rush to get to LHR so don't need to catch the first tube at 5:47am from Hatton Cross this time and a few minutes longer on the bus isn't a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.