Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Promotions Updates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Give us some free certificates to earn free nights any Hilton. That would get my attention.
Giving me double points ,who cares. The points drop in value faster then I can use them and I'm not motivated to pay 30-40000 points for Hampton Inns. Are you kidding me!!!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: Honors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K Million miller
Originally Posted by taylormuk
I don't fully understand shifting all stays away from Hilton. Is the aim of being in the various hotel schemes just to get to the highest tier and then stop. I can understand that if you're after benefits whilst on a hotel stay. For me that's important but more so is the ability to collect points for free nights away with my family..
Shifting a significant number of my stays to Marriott will give me a lot more choices when spending time away with my family and let me earn Platinum for life with them. Hilton has about 8 Caribbean properties most of them in PR and the best one the Rose hall in Montego has been sold. Marriott has 36 properties in the Caribbean. What good are the points if there are no good beach spots to use them. I personally don't feel safe taking my family to Egypt or Turkey. LOL very nice properties if you are ok with bringing a AK47 with you! Hilton continually decreases their Caribbean properties. I also am not going to fly 14 hours to Hawaii.

In order to maximise that it makes sense to stay at a single chain and to enter as many promotions as possible (although I too for years have received no promotional emails, relying on FlyerTalk to find these). Otherwise the earning is dispersed across multiple brands limiting the number of days available at any given location..
True but if I can enter more promotions at Marriott and earn more points and get free rooms at a lot nicer properties at a much lower point rate then I'm better off. If someone is only staying 40 or 50 years a night then I agree. I spend 250+ nights a year and earned 2.5 million Honors points last year. In the past I have received excellent targeted promotions from Hilton but that was in the late 90's. 100K after 6 stays etc. but those days are long gone and I believe that the honors points just are not worth it anymore.

Are you saying that when you attain lifetime diamond you're no longer eligible for any points promotions ?

Just my 2p worth.
If your giving them 100% of your business already then why would they send you targeted offers or promotions. I have stayed at Hilton properties exclusively for the last 18 years mainly because of all the promotions and extra points. Now that there are no more quarterly promotions I'm going to earn half of what I did in the past. What happened to the older promotions like 4th quarter 2010 quadruple points promo. The good old days. Hilton has been very good to me over the years but I believe that the honors program has been severely devaluated.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rockhopper24
Double points.....fine with me!

As for the announcement about targeted promotions...... I have been Diamond for years now and never, I repeat.....NEVER, received an email about any promotion. Not even the regular ones. While my husband (only HH Gold since he prefers SPG and Ritz-Carlton) gets the standard emails about promotions. and yes, I did check my settings.....

So, is this Diamond ever getting targeted? ......probably not!
Send a PM to HHonorsRepresentative and they can likely get your lack of promotional emails fixed, I finally started receiving them about a week ago after years with nothing.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by musing
Send a PM to HHonorsRepresentative and they can likely get your lack of promotional emails fixed, I finally started receiving them about a week ago after years with nothing.
Don't hold your breath. I've been trying to get it to retain my AAA number for 3 years.

Useless Most it has ever lasted is 2 reservations. Hick IT Department!!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
We are currently working to ensure the My Offers page within your HHonors account will reflect your specific offers, including targeted offers, and they will be differentiated within that page.

As soon as I have more updates regarding timing of this rollout, I will share them here!

Yes – when a global bonus promotion is not in effect, every HHonors member will receive at least one targeted offer during the year.

Cheers,
Erin
Thanks for the details. I look forward to the more informative "My Offers" page.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
So, after posting the following message:

Originally Posted by alecheverry
I've been switching my stays to Marriott and stay at the Hilton only if required (meeting hotel, ect). I haven't received a targeted email in 13 years....
I got a PM asking me for info so I can get targeted... Sent the info and then they replied with the following:

Please keep in mind it may take up to four full weeks for you to begin receiving HHonors communications.

4 weeks! really?

Meanwhile, while I wait for the "super targeted promo in Jakarta" I already booked two different stays for March at Marriott.... this shouldn't be taking that long, right? Maybe they need to hire a couple more people at IT?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:28 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver

I got a PM asking me for info so I can get targeted... Sent the info and then they replied with the following:

Please keep in mind it may take up to four full weeks for you to begin receiving HHonors communications.

4 weeks! really?

Meanwhile, while I wait for the "super targeted promo in Jakarta" I already booked two different stays for March at Marriott.... this shouldn't be taking that long, right? Maybe they need to hire a couple more people at IT?
4 weeks sounds perfectly reasonable to me. If Hhonors deigns to mail everyone at least once a month, and supposing you just missed a mailing by inadvertently being in a global opt out list, then you may not receive another mail for up to 4 weeks. May be sooner. That is not to say your email will be targeted when it arrives.

The 3x airline miles deal and sales in places like Jakarta was obviously not a targeted promo. It was somewhat universal spam

I think some of the comments in this thread are verging into the realm of very silly. Hilton has a right to generate business how it sees fit with the data that it has to hand. Erin is doing a sterling job in liaising with FTers to get their emails off the global opt out list. I have not received a targeted promo, I am not fussed about it.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
The 3x airline miles deal and sales in places like Jakarta was obviously not a targeted promo. It was somewhat universal spam
Still, unless I'm missing something, the 3x Citibank airline miles sounds like a good deal.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
So, after posting the following message:

4 weeks! really?

What? They asked you for your info so you can be targeted? How did you manage this? I would like to be targeted, too.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Wasn't there supposed to be a new Global Promotion starting today?

Have I missed it?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wozza2404

Have I missed it?
Apparently you did not see it. It was announced and registration opened about a week ago, effective for stays beginning today and running through the end of May. Look for posts by Erin in this thread, it is upstream a bit but within the last few posts she made, includes a link that will get you to the registration page.

The promo is discussed in excruciating detail in this thread:

2015 Double Your HHonors promotion!

currently on the first page of this forum. I think you will find the answers to any questions you might have in that thread.

Last edited by gemac; Mar 1, 2015 at 1:17 pm Reason: add master thread link.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by gemac
Apparently you did not see it. It was announced and registration opened about a week ago, effective for stays beginning today and running through the end of May. Look for posts by Erin in this thread, it is upstream a bit but within the last few posts she made, includes a link that will get you to the registration page.

The promo is discussed in excruciating detail in this thread:

2015 Double Your HHonors promotion!

currently on the first page of this forum. I think you will find the answers to any questions you might have in that thread.
^ Thanks for that. Wasn't obvious from the Hilton homepage but found it here.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:34 pm

Meanwhile, still waiting for a targeted offer....ended booking another night at Marriott, that has the 2500 extra points per stay.... I'm not impressed with this quarter's hilton's promo..
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:54 pm

Exclamation You haven't miss it!

Originally Posted by Wozza2404

Have I missed it?
They have it here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...promotion.html

however, it has to be a joke.....almost 800 (Eight Hundred!!!) hotels are not participating in the promotion....and this is in the US alone:

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ng-hotels.html

What's the point of even advertising this so-called "promotion"?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Diamond for 10 years(2004-2014),Hilton Gold,Club Carlson gold
They have it here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...promotion.html

however, it has to be a joke.....almost 800 (Eight Hundred!!!) hotels are not participating in the promotion....and this is in the US alone:

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ng-hotels.html

What's the point of even advertising this so-called "promotion"?
lol! Plus hhonors points are worth just as much as skypesos!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.