Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No 2015 Q1 promotion?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thinking they launched the auction site in lieu of a promo.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Starwood and Marriott (at least, I'm not sure about others) have auction/event redemption sites for their points and still get out their promotions well in advance of the start dates - and with very few, if any, opt-outs.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
I've seen a couple of airline miles promos from Hilton. Maybe they are going that route this time. Seems Hyatt did that recently?

Or maybe they are going to start putting gaps between their promos.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: 8x Hilton Diamond Member, Southwest A Member & Companion pass Holder
just booked at the Mariott for first 2 weeks of Feb...Hilton is losing ground in this race
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:23 pm

I just booked with Marriott, as their promotion is in motion..
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
They need to allow time for all the properties to opt out of the promotion before they send it out so it takes more time than the competitors. They had issues the last time with the list not being up to date when they sent it out.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SWA A-List, Hertz President's Circle
True!

Originally Posted by dmodemd
They need to allow time for all the properties to opt out of the promotion before they send it out so it takes more time than the competitors. They had issues the last time with the list not being up to date when they sent it out.
A list that long takes time to compile.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
I also have a long stay to start February and about to switch the reservation over to a Marriott property.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:18 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Would be faster to just include a list of hotels opted *in*.

Narrow it down quite a bit!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, SAS Diamond (*A Gold)
Well it seems that there won't be any promotion. I don't get this. Hilton's competitors have announced both promotions and improvements (such as free premium internet for top tier members). But Hilton is just sleeping.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Frequie
Well it seems that there won't be any promotion. I don't get this. Hilton's competitors have announced both promotions and improvements (such as free premium internet for top tier members). But Hilton is just sleeping.
The last promotion announcement came on 10/29/14.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton always announces their promotions later than their competitors. Nothing new here. (It's been going on for many many years!)
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:54 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Hilton HHonors is very busy right now. They are mailing out life time Diamond to random members I mean "Most tenured" members. Also they are determining the benefits that will be offered with the new Diamond 100 level. Lastly dont forget they always love to throw another round of point devaluation.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a promotion in 1Q but all the hotels are excluded so they figured there is no need to announce it
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
I emailed the diamond desk concerning a Q1 promotion and they stated they are unaware of one coming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.