Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Where to find historical Hiltons?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP

I recently tried to remember where the tulsa Hilton was located when I was a kid, or if there even was one. I know there was on on Lewis called Southern Hills in the mid-2000s which only lasted for about 5 years. But I can't find or remember where the Hilton was before that. A Google search simply returns dozens of links for current Garden inns and douletrees.

Is there a website out there showing historical full Hilton properties from say the 1950s to present?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I recently tried to remember where the Tulsa Hilton was located when I was a kid, or if there even was one. A Google search simply returns dozens of links for current Garden Inns and DoubleTrees.
In such a case, an image search sometimes is more convenient. Even when you find just a random picture of a reception or ceremony or something, when 'Hilton' is mentioned in the caption it often provides clues to help your search. I've done such a search, even searched the Tulsa public library website and a penny postcard archive. Found: Adams Hotel, Albany, Alexander, Annex, Alcorn, Alvin, Ambassador, Annex, Bliss, Brady, Bristol, Cadillac, Camelot, Carlyle, Coweta, Club Hotel, Downtowner Motor Inn, Elgin, K.C. Auto Hotel, Mayo Hotel, Milner, Robinson Motel, Saratoga Motor Hotel, Sheraton Royal, St Elmo, St Louis, Trade Winds Motor Hotel, Hotel Tulsa, Tulsa Auto Hotel, Wells Hotel, there's just no image of a historic Hilton Tulsa.

Quite strange with Hilton's background. Maybe he was tired of how workers in the oil industry were messing up his hotels?

Anyway, the only connection I could find between Tulsa and Hilton is from 2006, when Gene Pitney died of a massive heart attack in the Cardiff Hilton in Wales. Which (by air) in 1963 probably was 24 hours from Tulsa.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Hilton Hotels got a nice webpage about their historical hotels:

http://news.hilton.com/index.cfm/page/11133

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.