Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Visa signature CC 6,000 point bonus offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K

Just got this, not sure if it is targeted.

ENJOY THE SEASON WITH UP TO
6,000 EXTRA BONUS POINTS

Earn 2,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay when you use your Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve card at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio through February 28, 2015. You can earn up to 6,000 extra HHonors Bonus Points.

Remember, you already earn 10 HHonors Bonus Points for every dollar spent on stays within the Hilton Portfolio; with this offer you will receive 2,000 additional Bonus Points per stay. Enroll by February 21, 2015.¹
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I also received that offer. Great deal, too bad it's limited to only three stays.

I wonder if you pay for incidentals on an award stay with the card if you get the 2K points.

This is a great deal for cheaper stays
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Would one of you please post a link to the registration? I have the card but did not receive the email.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:51 pm
Community Director Emerita

Here is the link I got. (If I am revealing any personal information, would someone please tap me on the shoulder?) The email I received had the last 4 digits of my credit card.

[Edited and link deleted - contained personal information]

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Nov 19, 2014 at 11:01 pm
Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by controller1
Would one of you please post a link to the registration? I have the card but did not receive the email.
I clicked on the link in my email and it says xxxx This offer was accepted on 11/19/2014 at 08:09 PM CST

IIRC when I clicked on it yesterday I just hit a button to say accept the offer on the homepage. I know I didn't have to log into my citi or Hilton account.

This was for my Hilton Reserve card. Two people in my office have reserve cards as well and one of them said she received the offer (and like me she uses the card a lot and she also has a regular Hilton card from churning she hasn't closed and used in a long time and didn't get an offer on that card) and another person only uses it for the gold status and $10K a year for the free night and didn't receive the offer. Sounds like the offer is being targeted to people with the reserve card that use it.

Kind of strange though, usually those promos go to people that don't use the card much to encourage them to use it.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by jamesteroh

This was for my Hilton Reserve card. Two people in my office have reserve cards as well and one of them said she received the offer (and like me she uses the card a lot and she also has a regular Hilton card from churning she hasn't closed and used in a long time and didn't get an offer on that card) and another person only uses it for the gold status and $10K a year for the free night and didn't receive the offer. Sounds like the offer is being targeted to people with the reserve card that use it.

Kind of strange though, usually those promos go to people that don't use the card much to encourage them to use it.
I have both Citi Reserve and "regular" no annual fee Hilton cards. Maybe 15k spend on Reserve card and minimum spend on the regular no AF card.
I got the email 6,000 point offer for the no fee card, but not for the Reserve.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:54 am
Suspended

Can someone please post a link w/o personal information in it? I didn't receive the email last year but I signed up and I did receive the bonuses, even on an award stay.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by toooldtostayoutlate
Can someone please post a link w/o personal information in it? I didn't receive the email last year but I signed up and I did receive the bonuses, even on an award stay.
I'm not sure if there is such a thing. When I got mine, I clicked on it and it said that that completed the registration. So it seemed like a targeted deep link unlikely to have a generic counterpart.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by toooldtostayoutlate
Sorry, it seems like the email contains a unique link for each cardholder, where the X's below are filled in with each cardholders unique invite code.

I opened the link with my phone (never logged in to my Citi or Hilton accounts) and it read "StephenW - This offer was accepted on 11/19/2014 at 09:33 PM CST, " which is when I opened/accepted the offer last night.

https://specialoffers.citicards.com/...?i=XXXXXXXXXXX
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Ditto...same for me.

Originally Posted by StephenW
Sorry, it seems like the email contains a unique link for each cardholder, where the X's below are filled in with each cardholders unique invite code.

I opened the link with my phone (never logged in to my Citi or Hilton accounts) and it read "StephenW - This offer was accepted on 11/19/2014 at 09:33 PM CST, " which is when I opened/accepted the offer last night.

https://specialoffers.citicards.com/...?i=XXXXXXXXXXX
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
btw, I got this offer on multiple cards and split my bill at checkout on those cards. One card only had a $22 charge and I still got the 2k bonus points. Nice promo!

time to get more citi hilton cards
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
btw, I got this offer on multiple cards and split my bill at checkout on those cards. One card only had a $22 charge and I still got the 2k bonus points. Nice promo!

time to get more citi hilton cards
Did the same too, nice feature.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 4:44 pm

Thanks for bumping up this thread! Despite the fact that I had clearly received this offer (and posted in this thread about it), I completely forgot about it and was scratching my head the other day trying to figure out why on earth I earned 6000 mystery points from my Reserve card...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.