Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites - any promos to avoid $15/night wifi fee?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Just booked a 4 night stay at the Embassy Suites Alexandria, VA, and their wifi fee would come to twice what I pay per month for my high speed connection at home. The rate I booked is a package rate, which includes parking and special event tickets, but being a true FT'er, I'd love to find a way to get the wifi free as well.

No, I don't have status with Hilton, haven't stayed in one in years, but their rate for the event beat Marriott's by about $80/night, so I thought I'd give it a try.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Just booked a 4 night stay at the Embassy Suites Alexandria, VA, and their wifi fee would come to twice what I pay per month for my high speed connection at home. The rate I booked is a package rate, which includes parking and special event tickets, but being a true FT'er, I'd love to find a way to get the wifi free as well.
There's a Starbucks across the block. Does that count?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
There's a Starbucks across the block. Does that count?
Might work.

It's a leisure trip, so it won't be heavy internet usage. Probably just emails from the cat sitter and some last minute restaurant research - that's why $60 for wifi seems rather ridiculous.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:57 pm

Embassy Suites

Originally Posted by CDTraveler

No, I don't have status with Hilton, haven't stayed in one in years, but their rate for the event beat Marriott's by about $80/night, so I thought I'd give it a try.
I like these hotels and with Gold Status I get free WiFi, but they need to move on: great breakfasts, free drinks at night, and too costly Wifi. I will no longer stay if I no longer have Gold or Diamond status.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
If you ask the desk nicely they may give it to you which has happened to me several times before getting status
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I've noticed most of the hotels recently, along with the HHonors network are also enabling ATTwifi network, which you can jump on for free if you have and ipad/iphone
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zgscl
If you ask the desk nicely they may give it to you which has happened to me several times before getting status
Never hurts to try "please" and a smile.

Kinda like asking a question here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.