Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Vote for the Honors end-of-year promotion!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
The following is important information for the promotion which was chosen for the fourth quarter of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program:
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

You beat us to the punch! Apologies for the delay, but we did still want to share details around the official end-of-year promotion.

More than 270,000 HHonors members voted and the community chose to earn Double Points beginning on their second stay within the promotion period. Additional details listed below.

Double Up Promotion:
In addition, Save the Children is the winning charitable organization and will receive a $200,000 donation from Hilton HHonors. Oxfam and Mercy Corps will each receive $50,000 donations.

Thank you for taking the time to cast your vote and sharing feedback throughout this experience! I know many of you have shared questions on the promotion, and I want to assure you that I have collected these and am working to get answers to you ASAP!

As always, if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out within this thread or through PM.

Thanks!
Erin
A Reward Stay will count as the first stay to qualify for the Double Up promotion. Subsequent stays can also be a Reward Stay, and Double Points can be earned on eligible incidental folio charges (based on the property).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:03 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Hi all,

I know you may have been wondering about our year-end promotion, and we have some exciting news to share with you! For the first time ever, we are asking you – our members – to help us choose which promotion and bonus we should offer. The voting period for this promotion begins today, September 29, 2014 and will close on October 4, 2014. We’ll then launch whichever promotion receives the most votes. Here’s all the key information you need to know:

Promotion Details:
  • You can select your preferred Bonus for the upcoming Hilton HHonors promotion by voting for one of the following offers:
    • Earn Double Points, beginning on your second stay OR
    • Earn 1,000 Bonus Points for every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday night you stay
  • The Bonus offer that receives the most votes from September 29 through October 4, 2014 will serve as the official promotion
  • We will announce the official promotion on or around October 29, 2014
  • The official promotion will begin November 1, 2014, and go through January 31, 2015 for registered Hilton HHonors members who stay at participating hotels and resorts
  • Vote at HHonors.com/Vote starting on September 29, 2014
  • Member emails will be distributed throughout the day today, but we wanted to make sure you were first to know about this new promotion and the voting aspect.

In addition, when you vote for the bonus you prefer, we’d also like you to cast a vote for one of three global charitable organizations to receive a donation from Hilton HHonors. The charity with the most votes will receive $200,000, while the other two will be awarded $50,000. The three charities members can choose from are:

Mercy Corps – Mercy Corps is a leading global humanitarian agency saving and improving lives in the world’s toughest places.

Oxfam – Oxfam is a world-wide development organization that mobilizes the power of people against poverty.

Save the Children – Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.

We hope you enjoy this new approach to our year-end HHonors promotion and will cast your vote today for a reward offer and a global charitable organization! As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out within this thread or through PM and I will do my best to share updates with you all.

Thanks!
Erin
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:14 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
The two options for Q4 are not as good as the promos for the first three quarters. But if we choose it then we cannot complain about it.

You are evil geniuses!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
One vital bit of information here is also that:

"Votes cast by Diamond membership level will count as four, votes cast by Gold membership level will count as three, votes cast by Silver membership level will count as two, and votes cast by Blue membership level will count as one."
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
One vital bit of information here is also that:

"Votes cast by Diamond membership level will count as four, votes cast by Gold membership level will count as three, votes cast by Silver membership level will count as two, and votes cast by Blue membership level will count as one."
Also, one can view a real-time graphical depiction of which choice is winning the vote.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Very good idea. Can we instead choose between democracy and quadruple miles?
In memoriam Q4 2013.

Hi all,

I know you may have been wondering about our IBSF year-end promotion, and we have some exciting news to share with you! For the first time ever, we are asking you – our members – to help us choose which promotion and bonus we should offer. The voting period for this promotion begins today, September 29, 2014 and will close on October 4, 2014. We’ll then launch whichever promotion receives the most votes. Here’s all the key information you need to know:

Promotion Details:
  • You can select your preferred Bonus for the upcoming Hilton HHonors promotion by voting for one of the following offers:
    • Earn Double Points, beginning on your second stay OR
    • Earn 1,000 Bonus Points for every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday night you stay
  • The Bonus offer that receives the most votes from September 29 through October 4, 2014 will serve as the official promotion
  • We will announce the official promotion on or around October 29, 2014
  • The official promotion will begin November 1, 2014, and go through January 31, 2015 for registered Hilton HHonors members who stay at participating hotels and resorts
  • Vote at HHonors.com/Vote starting on September 29, 2014
  • Member emails will be distributed throughout the day today, but we wanted to make sure you were first to know about this new promotion and the voting aspect.

In addition, when you vote for the bonus you prefer, we’d also like you to cast a vote for one of three global charitable organizations to receive a donation from Hilton HHonors. The charity with the most votes will receive $200,000, while the other two will be awarded $50,000. The three charities members can choose from are:

Mercy Corps – Mercy Corps is a leading global humanitarian agency saving and improving lives in the world’s toughest places.

Oxfam – Oxfam is a world-wide development organization that mobilizes the power of people against poverty.

Save the Children – Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.

We hope you enjoy this new approach to our year-end HHonors promotion and will cast your vote today for a reward offer and a global charitable organization! As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out within this thread or through PM and I will do my best to share updates with you all.

Thanks!
Erin
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by controller1
Also, one can view a real-time graphical depiction of which choice is winning the vote.
This is a great idea! I casted my vote. I'll start the campaign team for Double Points. Our 1k/night opponent doesn't offer nearly as strong of a bonus, especially for Tues/Wed nights, room rates over $100.00, and on property incidental spending. I approve this message.

I also want to point out to the IT team that the results bar on the main page is the opposite of the results bar after you vote. One shows double points in the lead, and the other shows 1k points in the lead. It appears that the titles may be switched on one, because the margin between the two is the same.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
A nice gesture letting members vote, but neither promotion will inspire me to stay at HHonors properties, especially since I'm already booked to 60 nights. Pretty weak.

Last edited by LucWise; Sep 29, 2014 at 9:07 am
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:57 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Michael19887
This is a great idea! I casted my vote. I'll start the campaign team for Double Points. Our 1k/night opponent doesn't offer nearly as strong of a bonus, especially for Tues/Wed nights, room rates over $100.00, and on property incidental spending. I approve this message.

I also want to point out to the IT team that the results bar on the main page is the opposite of the results bar after you vote. One shows double points in the lead, and the other shows 1k points in the lead. It appears that the titles may be switched on one, because the margin between the two is the same.
Hi there,

Thanks for flagging this to us! I have let my team know, and we are working to resolve.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
Thumbs up Democracy at work : pitting FT voters against each other

Very nice move of HHonours ^^
Just put in my vote ( democratically weighed in at "times 4" as HH diamond )
@:-)Idea for Q1 promotion in '15 : plse. think about giving "extra extra weight" to the votes of those who get their HH level by staying/paying for stays at hotels ( vs. level "earned" by creditcard)

ps: voted for 1K/night hoping for more hotels to stay in for the Q4 ,especially comparing to the massive opt-out on the Q3 promotion

Last edited by kahuna1993; Sep 29, 2014 at 8:04 am
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Yeah but the 1k/night promotion may draw more hotels to participate next quarter... LOL. What good is double points if none of your hotels are participating?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Need
Yeah but the 1k/night promotion may draw more hotels to participate next quarter... LOL. What good is double points if none of your hotels are participating?
True but there are so many unknowns. Hilton could be charging the properties the same amount to participate, regardless of which promo we select so there could be no effect. Erin/team can you give us any insight as to whether our selection will effect the opt out list?

Last edited by Michael19887; Sep 29, 2014 at 8:31 am
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Just voted for the 1000 points per night thursday to monday promotion.

My choice was primarily motivated by the fact that I only have three stays in the promotion period and my third stay is a week long point and cash stay.

So this way I will get a bit of extra points for all three stays, instead of only getting extra points for my second stay ( with the double points from second stay promotion ).

Last edited by helosc; Sep 29, 2014 at 10:07 am Reason: prepositions...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Both are weak options, but double points is still slightly better...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: HH D
The current promo is for "Double or tripple points". Most of the hotels near where I live (250 km radius) opted out. Most of the hotels where I traveled this month (6000 km from where I live) opted out as well. I never even earned a tripple.

The hotels near where I live are virtually empty on weekends in January and Feburary. Therefore I think less hotels will opt out of a weekend promotion. Most of my stays are on weekend nights anyway. I will vote for that promo, even when double points would work better for me, because my nightly rate + the extra spend usually is bigger than $100 / 79 euro. But if 'double points' would make these hotels opt out again...

Last edited by Sisosig; Oct 5, 2014 at 11:19 am
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LucWise
A nice gesture letting members vote, but neither promotion will inspire me to stay at HHonors properties, especially since I'm already booked to 60 nights. Pretty weak.
Agree.

This does not compare well at all with last year's EOY promotion, which incented me to spend a ridiculous amount of money at Conrad NYC last December.

Those dollars will go to Hyatt this year. I'm just not seeing much value from HHonors these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.