Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Vote for the Honors end-of-year promotion!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
The following is important information for the promotion which was chosen for the fourth quarter of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program:
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

You beat us to the punch! Apologies for the delay, but we did still want to share details around the official end-of-year promotion.

More than 270,000 HHonors members voted and the community chose to earn Double Points beginning on their second stay within the promotion period. Additional details listed below.

Double Up Promotion:
In addition, Save the Children is the winning charitable organization and will receive a $200,000 donation from Hilton HHonors. Oxfam and Mercy Corps will each receive $50,000 donations.

Thank you for taking the time to cast your vote and sharing feedback throughout this experience! I know many of you have shared questions on the promotion, and I want to assure you that I have collected these and am working to get answers to you ASAP!

As always, if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out within this thread or through PM.

Thanks!
Erin
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
A Reward Stay will count as the first stay to qualify for the Double Up promotion. Subsequent stays can also be a Reward Stay, and Double Points can be earned on eligible incidental folio charges (based on the property).
Print Wikipost

Vote for the Honors end-of-year promotion!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:41 pm

Opt-out list looking very good for Asia and Europe.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bonehead
Just got the email:

EARN DOUBLE POINTS STARTING ON YOUR SECOND STAY

We asked Hilton HHonors™ members to choose our year-end promotion, and the results are in. From November 1, 2014, through January 31, 2015, you can earn Double Points at participating hotels. Simply sign up for the Double Points promotion today. There’s no limit to the amount of Points you can earn.
Any link?

Never mind. Didn't see it at first but it was a few posts after: http://hhonors.com/DoubleUp

Last edited by FlugE; Oct 29, 2014 at 1:00 pm Reason: Found it!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:50 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

You beat us to the punch! Apologies for the delay, but we did still want to share details around the official end-of-year promotion.

More than 270,000 HHonors members voted and the community chose to earn Double Points beginning on their second stay within the promotion period. Additional details listed below.

Double Up Promotion:
In addition, Save the Children is the winning charitable organization and will receive a $200,000 donation from Hilton HHonors. Oxfam and Mercy Corps will each receive $50,000 donations.

Thank you for taking the time to cast your vote and sharing feedback throughout this experience! I know many of you have shared questions on the promotion, and I want to assure you that I have collected these and am working to get answers to you ASAP!

As always, if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out within this thread or through PM.

Thanks!
Erin
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: US, HH
Although the opt-out list looks a bit better than the triple points promo, I did in fact have a couple stays booked at an opt-out property. Those are now cancelled and rebooked elsewhere.

Now let's just hope the opt-out list doesn't grow without warning. A property I stayed at recently wasn't originally on the opt-out list for the triple points, it still wasn't on there when some changes were made based on some experiences noted here on FT but sure enough it was opted out by the time I stayed.

As usual - no email.

Erin - can we please get the email issue back in the spotlight and fixed.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:36 pm

What happens if your first stay is at an opt-out hotel?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
As usual - NO EMAIL!!!!!! I am a Diamond member, I have been a HHonors member for over 20 years. I NEVER receive any promotion emails. I have talked to at least 20 different HHonors people, including the HHonorsRepresentative here. All promise to fix it (and most say that it IS FIXED). Nothing happens.
I'm tired of this! Don't you want me a as a customer after 20 years?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by runarbg
As usual - NO EMAIL!!!!!! I am a Diamond member, I have been a HHonors member for over 20 years. I NEVER receive any promotion emails. I have talked to at least 20 different HHonors people, including the HHonorsRepresentative here. All promise to fix it (and most say that it IS FIXED). Nothing happens.
I'm tired of this! Don't you want me a as a customer after 20 years?
Same thing here.

I have to find out anything related to HH from the forums here.

frustrating
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I'm working on getting your questions answered. Again, thanks in advance for your patience! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mommyrants
Can I book my first stay on points? And then the next (6 night) stay would count?
Originally Posted by Hanspeter
Will a Reward Stay or Reward/Money Stay
count as " First stay "
Hi there,

A Reward Stay will count as the first stay to qualify for the Double Up promotion. Subsequent stays can also be a Reward Stay, and Double Points can be earned on eligible incidental folio charges (based on the property).

Thanks,
Erin
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
I do like the promotion but still missing some extra bonuses for weekend stays.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Diamond here, no email from Hilton, had to come to FT to find out about this promo. Hilton seriously - ...?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by joetro
What happens if your first stay is at an opt-out hotel?
+1

Also, it's hard to believe there's only one opt-out hotel in the whole of Asia. Are you sure that list is complete?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by timfountain
Diamond here, no email from Hilton, had to come to FT to find out about this promo. Hilton seriously - ...?
+ 1
Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,

Diamond last 7 years no email on it, found it here
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by poker9ite
Diamond last 7 years no email on it, found it here
+1, 5y as Diamond and another 3/4 as HHG.

I get mails/offers from SPG, Marriott, Accor...but nothing from Hilton except booking confirmations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.