Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors emails really picking up!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Zurich
Have you all been in touch with ANTHONY because of this? He asked to pm him and he will look into this. I did pm him and he replied that he will take care. However, no HHonor emails so far.
As usual, no emails from Hilton to me either. The 3rd quarter promo starts in 3 days and no announcement email. Yes, I was in touch with Anthony and I received a reply that he would look into this and no word since.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:37 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Zurich
Have you all been in touch with ANTHONY because of this? He asked to pm him and he will look into this. I did pm him and he replied that he will take care. However, no HHonor emails so far.
Originally Posted by JBD
I stopped receiving all emails except for reservation confirmation ones about 9 years ago.

But a work around I've employed for the last several years is I select to receive emails whenever I see the option to do so, but I use a different email account from the one linked to my HH profile. For instance, at the bottom of this DoubleTree homepage you can enter an email to "Sign Up For Sweet Deals":
http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/index.html
So I do so, with my other email account, and I receive those emails fine. Of course they're never targetted to me or my profile, since all HH has is an email address unlinked to an HH member. But at least I see when there are promos geared to all.

Below I'll detail what happened with me when I stopped receiving the emails, in the hopes that our HHonorsRepresentative could look into this for us. Pls excuse the length of this post!

When the emails stopped, I emailed and called HH, several times, asking it be escalated to supervisors, etc. I pursued these avenues for months at a time. I'd give up after awhile, but a year or so later I'd try again.

(And yes, whenever I'm in my account, I select ALL chains to receive emails from. But what happens when I log back in is they are no longer all selected, but some are. However, even the chains I do see selected, do not send me any emails. I've also gone into my account from the UK site, and tried to opt in from there, but that never "took" either).

After receiving the same common sense tips (such as, when opting in to the emails, be sure to "save" your choices), and after many times of an HH supervisor manually overriding something or other, and opting me in - at which point I was told they fixed the matter and I should be getting emails soon (which never happened) - I was finally given an answer that seemed valid. Apparently the "system" at one point read my account as having opted out for everything, and once that happened, then nothing could be done on my end or within HH's customer service department, to reinstate my opt in preferences. I explained that I was a travel planner at the time, for 3 managers, and that the HH emails were extremely useful to me, and would result in increased booking at their chains. But that didn't seem to matter to anyone I emailed with or spoke with.

No supervisor ever took ownership of this matter, and tried to take it up the ladder. Many of them would actually concur, that yes they knew their website had many faults, but their attitudes were like they were victims of it too, and they weren't in a position to fix the website. And that's been the core problem with HH's customer service IMO, no one seemed willing to go outside their purview and get the problem fixed.

Until Anthony came along that is. Anthony's presence here is the first time, IME at least, that an HH rep sees things through and actually helps us. So thank you Anthony for anything you can do with this. ^
Originally Posted by donnak
As usual, no emails from Hilton to me either. The 3rd quarter promo starts in 3 days and no announcement email. Yes, I was in touch with Anthony and I received a reply that he would look into this and no word since.
Hi everyone,

Thanks for this. Yes, I have been looking into it and I've been collecting information from the guests who have PMed me with their HHonors number, name, and email address. My next step tomorrow is to send this list over to a representative who will be able to assist each individual to ensure this gets resolved. If you'd like to be added to the list, please PM me with your info!

Cheers,
Anthony
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
New one today! "Weekend deals starting at $99 per night - travel is calling you"
specials in NOLA, NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, Orlando
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:34 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi everyone,

Thanks for this. Yes, I have been looking into it and I've been collecting information from the guests who have PMed me with their HHonors number, name, and email address. My next step tomorrow is to send this list over to a representative who will be able to assist each individual to ensure this gets resolved. If you'd like to be added to the list, please PM me with your info!

Cheers,
Anthony
Hi all, just an update. I passed the list onto my team and a representative will be reaching out to assist this week! ^

Cheers,
Anthony
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
New one today! "Weekend deals starting at $99 per night - travel is calling you"
specials in NOLA, NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, Orlando
Nothing received here. I've got trips to NYC and Chicago around the corner. Just figures. Do you have a link?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Got a Waldorf Astoria brand email today!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I am a multi-year HH Diamond. I have checked my profile over and over and it is set to receive promo emails of every type.

These are all checked:

HHONORS NEWS AND INFORMATION
HHonors Monthly Statement Customize - link will open in an overlay
HHonors Partner News and Offers
HHonors Special Offers and Announcements

I have never received one, to my knowledge.

With the devals, what's the point any more?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I am a multi-year HH Diamond. I have checked my profile over and over and it is set to receive promo emails of every type.

These are all checked:

HHONORS NEWS AND INFORMATION
HHonors Monthly Statement Customize - link will open in an overlay
HHonors Partner News and Offers
HHonors Special Offers and Announcements

I have never received one, to my knowledge.

With the devals, what's the point any more?
Same for me, which is why when I DID receive some, I was shocked and started this thread! Don't think I changed my preferences any time in the past several years...
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Same for me, which is why when I DID receive some, I was shocked and started this thread! Don't think I changed my preferences any time in the past several years...
Which is strange because I receive at least five Hilton or HHonors emails each week. Received one today on entering the Ultimate Weekender contest.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Now seem to come almost every day! Today was a reminder of 20% discount off on purchasing points, which ends Sept 3rd...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.