Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

time of booking determining for status benefits ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Hey guys,

does anyone know what happens if I loose my gold status before check in, but still had it when I did my reservation. Am I still eligible for gold benefits ?

thanks

Insider7
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:47 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Insider7
Hey guys,

does anyone know what happens if I loose my gold status before check in, but still had it when I did my reservation. Am I still eligible for gold benefits ?

thanks

Insider7
To get gold benefits during stays you have to be a registered Gold Elite Member. Suspect you won't get gold benefits if you're not gold when checking in.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Nope, status applies as at the time of checkin.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro
Nope, status applies as at the time of checkin.
Although....

...On April 1 I dropped from Gold to Silver. I happened to be checking in to a DT on the 1st, and prior to flying out, I saw on HHonors.com that my status had changed. When I checked in, I was given a packet with breakfast coupons and internet code and thanked for being a Gold member. Perhaps they processed the check-in the night before?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.