Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How fast do you lose Gold status after cancelling credit cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

For those of us who have status solely because we hold AMEX Hilton Surpass or Citi Hilton Reserve, how long does it take to lose Gold status after one cancels the credit card?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
For those of us who have status solely because we hold AMEX Hilton Surpass or Citi Hilton Reserve, how long does it take to lose Gold status after one cancels the credit card?
AFAIK, the status stays until next year (~March, 2015)
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
How long does it take to get the gold status through the credit cards? I have an upcoming stay at a Hilton property, and have applied through the Visa Infinite concierge more than 1 week ago, but still no email or change in status...
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdtravels
How long does it take to get the gold status through the credit cards? I have an upcoming stay at a Hilton property, and have applied through the Visa Infinite concierge more than 1 week ago, but still no email or change in status...
It varies with the specific bank and the specific credit card. There is no general answer.

It doesn't matter to you how long it takes for the (US) Citi Reserve or Hilton Surpass, because you are obviously in some other country (though I'm not sure which one, since your FT profile doesn't list your home base) since you're mentioning a card that doesn't exist in the US.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:20 am

Unfortunately, there is no definitive answer to your query. Any answer presented here will be speculative. Your best bet is to contact the card provider.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Per the AMEX website:

"For more information about Gold status, visit HHonors.com/Terms. If your Hilton HHonorsTM SurpassŪ Card is cancelled for any reason, your complimentary Hilton HHonorsTM Gold status will be cancelled. American Express reserves the right to change, modify, or revoke this offer at any time."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.