Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Citi Honors Visa — Offer EXPIRES May 31, 2014, 50K Points + $50 Stmt Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can edit this Wikipost, and minimize or maximize Wikiposts by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post.

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card

Basic benefits:

No annual fee.

- Earn 3 HHonors points per dollar spent at supermarkets, gas stations, and drug stores
- Earn 6 HHonors points per dollar spent at participating Hilton properties
- Earn 2 HHonors points per dollar spent elsewhere

Bonus for applicants: 50K Points + $50 Stmt Credit EXP 31 May 2014
Print Wikipost

Citi Honors Visa — Offer EXPIRES May 31, 2014, 50K Points + $50 Stmt Credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Applied, instant approval.

Look forward to future reports of
earning the $50 credit without an overnight.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:11 pm

My $50 credit posted today. I had a 4 night reward stay so the charges were for food/drink
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Can you hold both the Reserve card and this card? Waiting period to apply?

If not allowed to hold both, would it be possible for my wife to take out this card and link up my HHonors acct to the card for the points? Don't really want points from two cards going into two different accounts.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Can you hold both the Reserve card and this card? Waiting period to apply?
You can hold both 1 Reserve card and 1 or 2 or 3 of this card! Ie, if you want to get this card, and then a couple months later want to get this card again, you don't have to cancel the first one, and you'll still get the 50k from each time you get this card (and meet the minimum spend on each card). (And meanwhile you can get and hold one Reserve card, too.)

As for timing: The general timing rules on personal Citi cards both apply:
  • No more than two cards in any 65+ day period.
  • No more than one card in any 8+ day period.

The simplest way to balance these two rules is to think of it as: Apply for each Citi card at least 5 weeks (35 days) after the previous one, then you'll be ok (not matter how many times you repeat).

(But there's no need to wait 5 weeks, as long as you realize that if you wait a shorter time for your second Citi card, you'll still have to wait the 65 days from the first one to the third one.)

And it doesn't really matter which of these two cards you apply for first. (Just keep in mind each card has a bonus that you'll get after you fullfill the minimum spend. But the automatic Gold status of the Reserve card does not require spend, just payment of the annual fee.)

However, with regard to timing: Keep in mind that the 2 free weekend night certs from the Reserve card expire one year after they're issued. So if you don't have a specific use for those planned yet, you might want to wait until you do, to make sure they don't expire before being used well.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:22 pm

Can someone verify that this card would arrive via regular mail, not UPS as a few have done?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA WN Delta Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mareh
Can someone verify that this card would arrive via regular mail, not UPS as a few have done?
Mine came by regular mail.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:33 pm

Note: This offer is slated to expire tomorrow so get your apps in.

Citi has a limited time offer (expires April 18th, 2014) for their Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card right now
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:01 pm

Thank you, Xelint! I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be left at my doorstep when I'm not here.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mareh
No one can verify what will happen in your case, because Citi is YMMV on shipping method. Some people get refused when asking to have a card expedited, and then other people get a card expedited without ever asking for it.

The most we can do here (via crowd sourcing) is compile statistics, which might be used to estimate the chance of your card arriving by one method or another. But we can't say how it "would" arrive, at best only how it "is likely to" arrive.

(I have never gotten an HH Visa other than by regular mail myself so far, but I have not applied for one in almost a year now, so my data points are not recent.)
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
I applied for the general Citi Hhonors card in early March, sent an SM to have them match it, which they did: and it just looks like I have to pay in advance for a room to get the credit since I don't have a stay planned until July:

Subject: Public Offer
Date: April 17, 2014 12:58 EST

The terms of the offer say that you must purchase the Hilton reservation by June 6, 2014 to receive the $50.00 statement credit. You do not have to complete the reservation by that date to earn the $50.00 statement credit.

We look forward to providing you with the best possible service. If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please let us know.

Date: April 17, 2014 12:43 EST

I do not have a Hilton stay planned until July. Is it possible for the purchase to be made before 08/31/2014? As I applied for this card in March, the offer states During the first 6 months of card membership?

Subject: Re: Public Offer
Date: April 17, 2014 10:42 EST

Dear ,

I appreciate your patience while I reviewed your account.

I have issued a $50.00 statement credit to your account, to match the promotional offer if you make your first Hilton HHonors hotel purchase of $50.00 or more by 06/06/2014. The statement credit will post within 1-2 billing cycles.

If you have any additional questions, please contact Hilton HHonors at 1-800-548-8690 for further information.

We sincerely thank you for your past business and we hope to continue doing business with you in the future.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Date: April 17, 2014 9:24 EST

Hello, there is a current public offer for 50,000 bonus HIlton points after spending $1000 in the first four months and a $50 statement credit after spending $50 on my first stay at a Hilton. I would like to be matched to that offer please. Thanks.

Last edited by Sunburn644; Apr 18, 2014 at 7:15 am Reason: removed real name
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:56 am

Today is April 18 but the app link is not working. Since when does Citi pull offers early?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:04 am

Can I book the room on HHonor website, and get the $50 statement?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by bksmm
Today is April 18 but the app link is not working. Since when does Citi pull offers early?
The original offer which was 40K points plus a $50 statement credit is still working.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...3345FA5C59BCBE
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Xelint
Mine came by regular mail.
and my second card came expedited by UPS with out me asking for it. Only difference was I had to call the reconsideration line on the second card to move around some credit lines with Citi.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Good through 5/31

New offer http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...553FEAB47CB363 good through 5/31/14.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.