Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Premium membership in Milepoint now sold out - Dec 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver

I just got an email today offering a premium membership in milepoint that provides along with other features gold status with Hilton. Has anyone used this?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Red259
I just got an email today offering a premium membership in milepoint that provides along with other features gold status with Hilton. Has anyone used this?
It is legit, if that is your question. You just need to peruse the offerings and see if it makes sense to you. I bought the package last yr. (different from this year's offerings) and I got my money's worth.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:48 pm

For me, I have a big single vacation coming up in 2014, yet I have no status for Hilton. It made perfect sense for me to get the package, for the HH Gold status. It will provide breakfast vouchers for 2, for our entire stay. I think I liked last years Milepoint package more, but this years did happen to work out very well for me too.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by Red259
I just wonder if it isn't a better deal to get a certain credit card which costs about twice as much, but comes with two free nights the first year plus bonus points.

Bob H
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
It is legit, if that is your question. You just need to peruse the offerings and see if it makes sense to you. I bought the package last yr. (different from this year's offerings) and I got my money's worth.

How long does it take for the status to be upgraded in your account? Do you receive a package or something?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I am amused at MP's need to monetize their site. If you want HH Gold, get the credit card mentioned above. You'll collect more points (assuming you pay with the card) and have the two free nights.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
How long does it take for the status to be upgraded in your account? Do you receive a package or something?
Think it says 4 to 6 weeks or somewhere around there for the status to post.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by manneca
I am amused at MP's need to monetize their site. If you want HH Gold, get the credit card mentioned above. You'll collect more points (assuming you pay with the card) and have the two free nights.
New credit cards aren't always the answer, especially if you are applying for different cards that have more value than the Hilton 2 free nights. If you are planning a single trip to a lower cost hilton, blowing the CC app for 2 free nights won't make much sense. Of course, if you have nothing else pending, then the CC might make the most sense.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by manneca
Originally Posted by BobH
I just wonder if it isn't a better deal to get a certain credit card which costs about twice as much, but comes with two free nights the first year plus bonus points.
For full disclosure to the OP: the two "free" nights must each be paired with a paid night to be valid.

UPDATED INFO: (From Post #25) MY apologies! I must have had a brain fart as I was thinking of the IHG Ambassador weekend certificates! Sorry.........

The HHonors free night certificates are for weekends but do not require a paid stay to use them.

Last edited by controller1; Oct 30, 2013 at 7:57 pm Reason: updated information
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BobH
The Citi HHonors Reserve card does not come with bonus points. It's a separate Citi HHonors card (with no annual fee, but no automatic Gold status either) that comes with bonus points (each time you apply for it).

And it's two free weekend nights the first year with the Reserve; you can't use them for weekdays.

However, the Reserve credit card comes with simplicity: If you pay your bill any time it's due (which includes the annual fee when billed), you're HH Gold as long as you hold the card. While with the Milepoint solution, you have to sign up for a new deal each year.

There is a separate annual-fee card from Amex, the Surpass, that gives Gold the first year only. It's not repeatable, at least not for consecutive years. (And it comes with bonus points but not free nights.) So IMHO it's not comparable to either the Citi Reserve Visa nor the Milepoint deal, unless someone is considering it for one-time use only and is confident they won't need HH Gold again the next year.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:14 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
This is great news...

I shall soon lose my Diamond status because of few HH stays this year following the MEGA-UBER-SUPER HH devaluation.

This offer will enable me to get Gold status while I burn off points--and Gold is according to many posts in this forum pretty much the same as Diamond.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by travelexpert
This is great news...

I shall soon lose my Diamond status because of few HH stays this year following the MEGA-UBER-SUPER HH devaluation.

This offer will enable me to get Gold status while I burn off points--and Gold is according to many posts in this forum pretty much the same as Diamond.
HH doesn't necessarily downgrade your account from Diamond even if you don't hit the number of nights required for the status. if they do, you could always take advantage of one of the fast track offers out there.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by controller1
For full disclosure to the OP: the two "free" nights must each be paired with a paid night to be valid.
I did not know this!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:38 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Cool

I signed up for this year's package as well as last year's. Last year they offered Hyatt Platinum. The Hilton Gold in this year's package is a sweet deal for people outside of the western hemisphere like me. ^
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:45 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by controller1
I only know of one Hilton credit card that awards two free nights the first year, and it does not require any paid nights. It does require that the nights be used weekend nights. I just consumed my two free nights this past weekend. I didn't spend a penny to use them. I wonder if you were thinking of the Carlson card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.