Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DG Affiliate message in email booking confirmation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone knows what the meaning of this message means...

Made a booking this morning through hilton website - normal adv. rate, and then checked the confirmation email. Under the usual HH #, arrival and dept times was another row:

"TA: DG AFFILIATE DO NOT PAY DIRECT"

No idea what this means, curious... Anyone?

Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: Amex Plat UK, BA, Diamond HHonors
Hey

This means that you booked via a link (or a cookie which ended up in your machine from a link) for a website.

Lots of sites (including FT) have banner ads all over them; you have clicked a link (could be text in an email too) from a specific affiliate provider which has taken you to the Hilton website. Basically, it means that someone has been paid commission on your booking.

You don't need to worry about it - it is used internally by Hilton to ensure everybody gets paid what they are due.

TravelFreakUK
Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelfreakuk
Hey

This means that you booked via a link (or a cookie which ended up in your machine from a link) for a website.

Lots of sites (including FT) have banner ads all over them; you have clicked a link (could be text in an email too) from a specific affiliate provider which has taken you to the Hilton website. Basically, it means that someone has been paid commission on your booking.

You don't need to worry about it - it is used internally by Hilton to ensure everybody gets paid what they are due.

TravelFreakUK
Huh - cheers. I don't actually recall going through an affiliate - I typed out hilton url - though a cookie from a link I might have clicked might still be active. I do have adblocker running too lol. Only one I personally use is Quidco, which doesn't have anything on for Hilton when I booked. Oh well, useful to know anyway.

Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Silver/HH Gold
I've had this happen on UK bookings recently and haven't clicked through an affiliate link either (or not that I can remember anyway)... Did you use a discount code when you booked? It's happened when I have booked using PR11PN.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 10:04 am
Original Poster

No I just booked a standard advanced rate and didn't use a discount code.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:30 am

Out of curiosity, I looked at Hilton's affiliate program. Hilton's cookies are valid for 3 days. So, even if you type in the standard Hilton URL, the original linking site will get credit for sending a sale if it's within 3 days.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I just had this happen to me too and wasn't sure why.

My question is whether this wording (or similar) appears on the final bill? I'm booking for work and don't want any suspicion of impropriety. I'd simply clicked on a banner link from another site. Could go back and re-book but I think that the rates for my stay may have gone up.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Nothing to the effect on the bill.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Nothing to the effect on the bill.
Great, thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Dia, PC Plt, Hyatt Plt, SPG Gld, Marriott Sil, Carlson Sil, Red Lion Plt
I had the same thing happen on a stay in Spain. Hilton Honors is claiming that it means that I booked on a third party site and that it makes my stay ineligible for points and for a promotion that I need the stay to count for.

Obviously, I'm arguing this with them now.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DEQ11
I had the same thing happen on a stay in Spain. Hilton Honors is claiming that it means that I booked on a third party site and that it makes my stay ineligible for points and for a promotion that I need the stay to count for.

Obviously, I'm arguing this with them now.
I have had numerous bookings through the hilton.com website where this "DG Affiliate" message came up. Why, I don't know. But stays, nights and points always posted for these stays, so I wasn't too concerned about that note in my bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.