Wiki Posts
Search

Comments on file? GPM U?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:16 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Comments on file? GPM U?

Just looked at an AXON award that I made as a gift for my parents...

It lists the "comments on file". No opportunity to edit the comments. I added a guest name and recieved a new confirmation....

under comments on the confirmation it listed "GPM U:376990498"

any idea what that means? Code for something.. it wasn't listed on the first email...

thanks
FDW
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:23 pm

Internal coding...not unusual, nor is the inability to add/delete/modify comments on an existing reservation.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:25 pm

Any clues as to what the internal coding might represent?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
GPM U is basically an internal indicator that you made the reservation online.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
If one needs to add further comments, I always just email the Diamond Desk and ask them to append.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:10 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by loomis
GPM U is basically an internal indicator that you made the reservation online.
AXON gift award; made via the Diamond desk....

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Internal coding...not unusual, nor is the inability to add/delete/modify comments on an existing reservation.
I would love to decode......

FDW
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
AXON gift award; made via the Diamond desk....
very impressive awareness of what the codes may mean.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
I'm thinking it has something to do with the Guest Profile Manager. It could mean that there was an "U"pdate, and that number is randomly generated and linked to whatever was done.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: Yes please
Apologies for resurrecting this old thread (at least I searched before starting a new one) but I notice the GPM U:XXXXXX (always same number) comment on the confirmation of several bookings I have made (not visible on web site account; just in confirmation emails) and I would be interested to receive any thoughts on its meaning. I hold Diamond status should that be of any relevance.

Last edited by SouthOxon; Jun 5, 2015 at 9:11 am Reason: typo.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: Yes please
[Deleted; duplicate]
Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I am seeing the same thing...no idea what it means, will ask when I checkin for my next stay as it is a hotel I stay at fairly regularly.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Got the same comment too - wondering what it is.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: HH D
Was able to check archived emails, and have been getting the GPM U: comment since my archive started in 2009. However, only on a small number of all confirmations. GPM will stand for Guest Profile Manager, U:xxx,xxx,xxx is probably your account number. It holds information about your room / bedtype preferences and whatever may be of interest about you, while checking in.

It's hard to tell why it's in some confirmations only. In 2009 and 2010 the line would read: NS REQ, GPM U:etc. I remember at that time one could still positively request a non smoking room.

None of my 2011 and 2012 emails have it. Just one in 2013 (in the USA, where all others were for EU reservations). Then it started again in 2014 for reservations I made for 2015 and it continued this year for all confirmations, both in EU and N-AM.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:04 am

I'm of the mind it may stand for Guest Preferred Member Upgrade. It may be that any level, gold and above me be automatically flagged for an upgrade. There is no rhyme or reason behind my logic, it's just a guess.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:57 pm

I had 'NS RQST' for the first time in the comments field of an email confirmation today. I think it standards for 'Non-smoking'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.