Original Poster

Programs: HHonours Gold, Accor Platinum, KF, *A Gold
Mattress Run Opportunity in Asia

Lets List down base on Proximity and Cost

Malaysia - KL
- Hilton PJ (90USD)
- Hilton Sentral (110USD)
- Doubletree KL (110-120USD)
All three within 25mins cab of each other.

Singapore
- Hilton (160 USD)
- Conrad (130 USD)
Both within 20mins cab of each other

Guangzhou China
- Hilton Baiyun (800RMB)
- Hilton Tianhe (900RMB)
Both within 20mins cab of each other

Hong Kong SAR / Macau SAR
- Conrad HK (3000 HKD)
- Conrad Macau (1800 HKD)
1 hour ferry ride away - not exactly close, but close enough if you wish to gamble abit while on the MR.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:57 am

Exactly WHERE are you seeing the Conrad Singapore for 130USD??
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hard2please
Exactly WHERE are you seeing the Conrad Singapore for 130USD??
My thoughts exactly...same for the Singaport Hilton at $160.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by opulentgroup
Lets List down base on Proximity and Cost

Hong Kong SAR / Macau SAR
- Conrad HK (3000 HKD)
- Conrad Macau (1800 HKD)
1 hour ferry ride away - not exactly close, but close enough if you wish to gamble abit while on the MR.
I am not sure why the price you quote even listed for a good mattress run for Conrad HK, do you realize 3000 HKD equal to $387 USD ?

And even Conrad Macau is hardly a deal as 1800 HKD equal to $232 USD !

Both prices you quote for Conrad HK and Conrad Macau are normal prices
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
After a year of going back and forth to the Conrad and Hilton in Singapore.....I have never seen them below 240Sing ever..... Standard is 280S, and above.

190 USD is considered excellent, but rarely.....almost never available.(random weekends if ever)

Conrad at 130USD and I need to book a personal week and take advantage of unlimited wine from 5pm till close....but i have a feeling that I wont ever see this.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

recently stayed on a pr13cb rate for a little over $210sgd, must have got a little mixed on the ex rates, $165usd would be a closer figure, apologies
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

do bear in mind proximity.

any contributions on any other properties in the region?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:32 pm

That is a great rate in sing, the code never worked for me..... I get the conrad at 260. on a corp rate. Not a matress run but 210 is very good.

Kl is a deal and sentral does go below 100us. Ocasionally in the 85 range. They are Very good with upgrades.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Those are definitely good rates for SIN, but I think I will do my mattress run in Malaysia as it's much cheaper.

I'm thinking to do it for SPG/HHonors between Hilton KL & Le Meridien KL since these 2 buildings at KL Sentral are connected to each other.

opulentgroup,

Did you get points/stay credit for PR13CB rates?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Those are definitely good rates for SIN, but I think I will do my mattress run in Malaysia as it's much cheaper.

I'm thinking to do it for SPG/HHonors between Hilton KL & Le Meridien KL since these 2 buildings at KL Sentral are connected to each other.

opulentgroup,

Did you get points/stay credit for PR13CB rates?
I have used PR13CB at several properties in Asia and always recieved point, in KL and Phuket.... I just never got it to work in Singapore! OpulentGroup can fill in for Singapore...

If you havent stayed at Sentral before, their lounge is one of the best out there.....and I've seen more than a few including most IC's. I fly there from Singapore on the weekend, since its cheaper than staying in Sing and better for me......
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by shawntobi
I have used PR13CB at several properties in Asia and always recieved point, in KL and Phuket.... I just never got it to work in Singapore! OpulentGroup can fill in for Singapore...

If you havent stayed at Sentral before, their lounge is one of the best out there.....and I've seen more than a few including most IC's. I fly there from Singapore on the weekend, since its cheaper than staying in Sing and better for me......
Roger that.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In Singapore, the Conrad and Hilton are also connected by their excellent subway system, the MRT.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by shawntobi

Cool, planning to stay at Hilton KL for my birthday.

Just tested the PR13CB rate for Conrad Singapore and looks like it's valid till year end. Lowpeak would be S$221, saw Nov 3rd-4th going for S$189!!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In Singapore, the Conrad and Hilton are also connected by their excellent subway system, the MRT.
You must have stayed here alot of times. ^
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
This is where Hilton needs to introduce other lower brands in Asia, like IHG did with Holiday Inn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.