Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HELP ME (get the best bang for my HH points....)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Conrad Koh Samui - a GBP500/USD800 villa with your own pool can be had for 50,000 points per night. Heaven on earth (and USM is fairly close to BA-served BKK).
This is probably the sort of thing I was thinking about.

Unfortunately it'd just be for a long weekend so whilst Ko Samui is nice, it really has to be a single hop from London - USM would add another 3 or 4 hrs on there...
Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:42 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat

Hilton Sydney. Great city hotel and fabulous city. Conrad Miami also good city hotel and fun party city.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: NZ *Gold
Hi Swiss Tony

I'm off to the new Conrad Algarve soon, on a reward flight saver and HHonors points, PhiltheFlyer is there a week or so later. I will update on the stay after I've been, but that might not be a bad spring weekend destination without using your 241.

Either of the Prague Hiltons (but I prefer Old Town) would also be good in spring and have BA RFS availability. A bit further out, but not impossible due to the flight times, I would recommend the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah for a weekend of sunny R&R = 80K Avios plus your 241 (and fees etc) for 2 in Clubworld
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Conrad Hong Kong is a lovely hotel. It often has cash and points values that for me are better value than a straight points redemption.
While still significantly cheaper then a regular booking, just an fyi, the HKG Conrad jacked up the cash portion of the cash + points stay option a few months back.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RedVee
Hi Swiss Tony

I'm off to the new Conrad Algarve soon, on a reward flight saver and HHonors points, PhiltheFlyer is there a week or so later. I will update on the stay after I've been, but that might not be a bad spring weekend destination without using your 241.

Either of the Prague Hiltons (but I prefer Old Town) would also be good in spring and have BA RFS availability. A bit further out, but not impossible due to the flight times, I would recommend the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah for a weekend of sunny R&R = 80K Avios plus your 241 (and fees etc) for 2 in Clubworld
All good ideas, thanks. The 2-4-1 is fast approaching expiry so using it is a given, although if it's just me and the missus a resort that's going to be awash with families probably isn't what we want....
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
This looks like an interesting property at first glance http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/oma...IHI/index.html

Check out the price per night using points, then rub your eyes and check again, yes it's real.

However the problem is getting to it from Muscat airport.

Any ideas folks?

Helicopter? Private plane? Camel????

Even the mighty google maps says there's no route.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:34 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
However the problem is getting to it from Muscat airport.

Any ideas folks?

Helicopter? Private plane? Camel????
There is an airport in Salalah, so perhaps just fly there?

Salalah is situated in the southern region of Dhofar and is a popular destination with regional and international tourists during the Khareef season (the summer Indian Ocean Monsoon Season). The airport handles international schedule flights all year round with strong demand for flights during the Khareef season. Approximately 455,000 passengers traveled through Salalah Airport during 2010

Salalah Airport is located approximately 5 km from the main city centre, the Hilton Hotel is 20 km to the West and the Crown Plaza Hotel is 11 km to the East of Salalah.

http://www.omanairports.com/
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

beaten to it......
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
beaten to it......
OK, so if you are willing to stray from our beloved BA for a 1 hour 40 minute flight, Oman Air does business class returns between MCT and SLL for around £200, or economy for £100, seems pretty good to me!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

but the connections suck, and the BA flight already goes via AUH... Would make for a painful journey.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat Amb, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Plat., Diamond Club,
Smile So where did you go in the end?

and did you enjoy it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.