Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Angry Hilton Honors Website

The new Hilton Honors website is a disaster. When I want to login and make a reservation I really don't care about seeing a travelogue of hotels in French Polynesia, China, UAE, Italy, etc. Get rid of the pictures that take up 80% of the screen and make it easy to make a reservation. Trying to read the screen is very difficult with all their advertising clutter. Marriott, Westin, Intercontinental, Four Seasons all have superior websites. Fix it.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
roflmao I think Hilton considers this a fix. Hilton websites have always sucked.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Hilton Honors Website

Could not agree more, amazing that no senior people at Hilton can see that the website is so poor!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
What annoys me most is the fact that Hilton's UK site is no longer accessible except on a few occasions when it suddenly pops up. The new site does not recognise many UK place names and offers to book a room in Manchester CT, Manchester TN or Manchester-Boston Regional Airport NH, rather than in "Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom" as the site calls "Manchester England".
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
What annoys me most is the fact that Hilton's UK site is no longer accessible except on a few occasions when it suddenly pops up. The new site does not recognise many UK place names and offers to book a room in Manchester CT, Manchester TN or Manchester-Boston Regional Airport NH, rather than in "Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom" as the site calls "Manchester England".
Totally agree .. the UK site was much more usable and now you seem to get the odd page from time to time.

Similar to Barclay's Bank latest site revamp .. if it isn't broke don't try to improve it!! the old site was far superior.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4mil miles, Hilton Gold
I also find the hilton website unreliable and user UNfriendly.

Just tried to make a reservation and was not able to log into my account. If this had been the only time I could understand, but this happens regularly.

What a disgrace for Hilton.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:23 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pedropescador
Just tried to make a reservation and was not able to log into my account. If this had been the only time I could understand, but this happens regularly.
And the "Remember Me" function never works for me.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:09 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
And as of now, accessing user profiles seems to be down.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:48 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
I totally agree. This is ridiculous. A few minutes ago I signed in on the main page, and so far so good. I got the bar showing my next reservation etc. But when I (more or less immediately after signing in) select "My reservations" to see my other reservations I get to another page asking me to sign in "for security reasons" and then after that YET ANOTHER sign in page before I get to my reservations... Totally insane!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ddkrules
I totally agree. This is ridiculous. A few minutes ago I signed in on the main page, and so far so good. I got the bar showing my next reservation etc. But when I (more or less immediately after signing in) select "My reservations" to see my other reservations I get to another page asking me to sign in "for security reasons" and then after that YET ANOTHER sign in page before I get to my reservations... Totally insane!
Same here.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: BA, Airmiles, BMI, HH (Gold), Hyatt (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Silver), A Club
It keeps popping up with a new page for "Room Key" which is very unwanted.

They can take "Room Key" and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: BA GfL
What gives with the HHonors website today? I am trying to book an award stay and the page showing the list of hotels will never stop re-loading itself, just keeps flashing and re-loading over and over every 2 seconds. When I click on the HHonors logo to get back to the home page, I get "Page not Found."

I am on Firefox, if that makes a difference.

Edited to add: Just tried again on MS Explorer and that doesn't work either. The list does stop flashing there, but I am searching for an award stay, but it's giving me prices in dollars, not points. I can't get it to seach for a points stay. Clicking on Map view gets me a blank page with more "Page Not Found" gobbledygook.

I haven't had problems with HHonors before but the new website seems to be, shall we say, untested. What a piece of junk!

Last edited by travelmad478; Jul 9, 2012 at 10:54 am
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by travelintex
The new Hilton Honors website is a disaster. When I want to login and make a reservation I really don't care about seeing a travelogue of hotels in French Polynesia, China, UAE, Italy, etc. Get rid of the pictures that take up 80% of the screen and make it easy to make a reservation. Trying to read the screen is very difficult with all their advertising clutter. Marriott, Westin, Intercontinental, Four Seasons all have superior websites. Fix it.
Huh? The location and date fields needed to book a reservation are front and center, in the same place, every time. Are you easily distracted by pretty pictures?

The new brand-specific Web sites are much improved. If anything, reservations management remains a bit clunky once you've logged in.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:30 pm

Terrible. Had two reservations for different cities, (didn't know where I would be for sure). Went to cancel the one I didn't need (Hilton NYC), and up popped my Double Tree reservation that I DID NOT WANT TO CANCEL, as cancelled.

Been on phone for 34 mins trying to get them to reinstate the rate I had... as it had gone up $40.

So lame.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
The Hilton HHonors website was clearly conceived and developed by the same people that created that highly functional Hilton iPhone app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.