Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How long before Amex Surpass Honors bonus posts for initial spend?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Curious -- I had to spend $3k for 50K HHonors points, which I did, and they issued the statement which this threshold was passed. However, I didn't get the 50K in this statement and my account only shows the points for the spend, not the 50K bonus.

Curious how long people have waited for this bonus to show up?

Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Anyone?

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:44 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Email them if you need to find out, but I was told by the fifth statement
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

I've already asked them, and they always quote the "6-8 weeks" line to me. I was just curious on "real world" (i.e. Flyertalk members) experiences because this is the first card I can remember where the bonus didn't appear on the same statement as when the spend threshold was reached (I've had that happen with Thank You cards, SPG card, etc.)
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I had the standard Hilton Amex, and converted to the Surpass card when I got near to $40K and I could see that I would get over that by the end of the year. I got the bonus within a day or two of switching, as they considered all my spend on the prior card to be spend on the Surpass. Specifically, I did not have a statement close between the date of the switch and the date the bonus points posted.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:12 am

I got my 50k after 7weeks.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks. So I'm not looking for a statement date...

Scotsflyer, was that 7 weeks past the spend? Or 7 weeks after a statement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.