Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Anaheim-Garden Grove {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Anaheim-Garden Grove {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Anaheim-Garden Grove {US-CA}

Got a decent rate for this property for a stay in October 2012 for three nights. Any recent stays and/or suggestions/recommendations for other hotels?
Old May 23, 2012, 3:41 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just stayed at the Garbage Grove HI last month. It's next to Disneyland and full of families. The elevators are painfully slow, so if you're near the stairs, it's faster taking those.

Rooms are the standard HI rooms, they're clean, the staff is nice, and you get 4 towels unlike a lot of other hotels. It's really nothing too special.

I prefer the Homewood next door if you have to stay in Garbage Grove.
Old May 23, 2012, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tusphotog
I prefer the Homewood next door if you have to stay in Garbage Grove.
I'm not sure what you mean by "next door". What's truly next door (shared parking lot) is an Embassy Suite and an HGI.
Old May 23, 2012, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yahrite808
Got a decent rate for this property for a stay in October 2012 for three nights. Any recent stays and/or suggestions/recommendations for other hotels?
Are you driving (a rental, presumably) or without a car? Keep in mind that there's a parking charge. You can often find nightly street parking a block or two away (on a street on the back side of the hotel) if you're just staying overnight (though not necessarily on Wednesday night because Thursday from 8 am is no parking due to street cleaning on nearby street), but that's probably not practical if there for 3 days.

Other than having to avoid the parking charge, I have no problems with the hotel, and given that it tends to be the least expensive often in the area (at least on weekdays, which is when I need hotels overnight there), it's my primary HHonors hotel in the area. If the price were similar for your stay dates and you have Gold or Diamond status (so breakfast would be free), I might consider the HGI next door (but the same parking fee issue), but if you're not at least Gold, the Hampton has a nice-enough breakfast for free to everyone, while the HGI breakfast, though nicer on the hot foods, will cost you extra.

(These are the only two HHonors properties I've stayed at because I'm price sensitive, and the other properties are either outright more expensive usually or after you factor in parking which at some other HHonors hotels in the area there is no street parking alternative.)

If you're going to see the park(s), I can't comment on the location's sutiability for that, since that's not what I'm there for.

This hotel, unlike some others in the area, often is available on MVP rates.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Just stayed 5 nights at the Hampon Inn Garden Grove.

Hotel offers a decent breakfast, eggs, waffles, some type of meat, ceral, yogurt, bread and fruit. I thought it was decent.

We booked what they call a Parlour room which is a king size bed in the main part of the room and then there is a wall with a twin bed and its own TV on the other side. Perfect for our family of 3 since we enjoyed the king size bed and our son had his own area to watch what he wanted. Points price was the same as a standard room. Fridge kept food cold and the microwave actually worked. Decent points stay for the summer that close to Disneyland. Elevators are slow and there is a $12 per day charge for parking. Standard internet was free since we booked on the Hilton site.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ken98230
Standard internet was free since we booked on the Hilton site.
Actually, I believe standard internet was free simply because it's a Hampton.

The requirement to book on the Hilton site, AFAIK, only exists for those brands that don't provide free internet to all. But Hampton has always provided free internet to all (at least in the US), since that's standard across the industry in that level of hotel.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks sdsearch. I was not aware of that. Good to know if I am booking through non-Hilton portal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.