Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Egypt {EGY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Egypt {EGY}

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2003, 7:46 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Update - Best Hiltons in Egypt...???

Data that I can find re. Egypt Hiltons seems rather dated. Im thinking about doing a 6 niter in CAI while doing the 'Pyramid thing'. Has anyone stayed in any of the Hilton properties in CAI lately. If so, any recommendations... as in which would be best?

And, what about the Hurgada resort? Would that be boring for 6 full days?
Old May 27, 2003, 4:08 pm

I just got back from Egypt yesterday. In Cairo I stayed at the Conrad - extremely good hotel. If you get onto the Executive Floor the breakfast and evening buffets are okay, plus the drinks are free during happy hour. The executive floors are high up too - important to get away from the traffic noise. Right over the road is a nice (but pricey in Egyptian terms) bar/eatery/club. The location is a little less central (by 5 mins)than the other two Hiltons but taxis are cheap (on the street, not from the hotel). The other Hiltons are pretty much next to each other - they straddle a couple of the most lethal streets in Cairo, so are therefore prone to traffic noise more so than the Conrad.

In Hurghada i stayed at the Conrad and wished I didn't. All of Egypt is bereft of tourists right now (although plenty of Russians still make the trip). The Conrad had 20-25 guests in it on Sunday. The location is lousy - right out on the edge of the strip. Both Hiltons are further in and are a little more populated.

Also, the hotel wasn't a patch on what one usually sees at a Conrad property.

If you are not into diving or beach lazing the Hurghada could become dull after a bit.
Old Jun 5, 2003, 8:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Anybody been to the hilton pyramids golf resort? It is only a Category 1.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 5:34 am

Stayed at the Ramses Hilton in May last year and really enjoyed it. Despite it being an ugly concrete tower, rooms, facilities and staff were great. Dinner at the roof-top restaurant at sunset with view of the pyramids at the horizon is spectacular. Also rates should be cheap this time of the year.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 2:56 pm

Stayed at the Cairo Hilton in Jan. Ask for Nile view rooms. Great executive lounge overlooking the Nile...huge breakfast and good selection of beer and wine in the evening. Some of their suites are gorgeous...unfortunately did not get the upgrade to one of those. Loved their swimming pool...
Old Jun 9, 2003, 5:03 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Cairo Hilton. What can I say. This place is staffed by at least one extremely racist person and I would not stay there.

To make a long short story short, my wife and I were in the lobby on the second floor. I used the men's room while my wife sat in the lobby on the couch. While I was away, she was approached by a staff member and told to not sit in the lobby. When I came out and did not see my wife waiting, I figured she went off shopping or something. But she was around the corner fuming! She told me what happened and I had major words with the bloke.

To this day I believe she was told to move because she looked like a Filipino Nanny. (Many Nannys travel with their Saudi Families to Egypt for Shopping Trips).

I would not stay at the Cairo Hilton.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 3:39 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in Egypt {EGY}

Jeez, think there are enough of them?

Anyone have any advice with relaxing at any of these resorts? We are looking to do some Scuba diving as well.

Hilton Dahab - South Sinai, Dahab

Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort - Sahl Hashish Road, Hurghada

Hilton Hurghada Plaza - Gabal el Hareem, Main Street, Hurghada

Hilton Nuweiba Coral Resort - South Sinai, Nuweiba

Hilton Sharks Bay Resort - Ras Nusrani Sharks Bay, Sharm EL Sheikh

Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort - Naama Bay Sharm El Sheikh S.Sinai, Sharm El Sheikh

Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort - Main road, Sharm El Sheikh

Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort - Ras Um El-Sid Cliff, South Sinai, Sharm El Sheikh

CONRAD HURGHADA RESORT

CONRAD SHARM EL SHEIKH RESORT
Old Mar 18, 2004, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
Jeez, think there are enough of them?

Anyone have any advice with relaxing at any of these resorts? We are looking to do some Scuba diving as well.

Hilton Dahab - South Sinai, Dahab

Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort - Sahl Hashish Road, Hurghada

Hilton Hurghada Plaza - Gabal el Hareem, Main Street, Hurghada

Hilton Nuweiba Coral Resort - South Sinai, Nuweiba

Hilton Sharks Bay Resort - Ras Nusrani Sharks Bay, Sharm EL Sheikh

Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort - Naama Bay Sharm El Sheikh S.Sinai, Sharm El Sheikh

Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort - Main road, Sharm El Sheikh

Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort - Ras Um El-Sid Cliff, South Sinai, Sharm El Sheikh

CONRAD HURGHADA RESORT

CONRAD SHARM EL SHEIKH RESORT
</font>
Egypt has to have the most Hilton hotels outside of the US and UK. It amazes me too. I have not been to Egypt yet but am curious if those hotels are full mostly of package tours from Europe. Anyone know?
Old Mar 18, 2004, 4:37 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I'm interested in hearing reports from people who have been to these. From Europe, it is not all that far, and they have attractive prices/HHonors categories.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 5:18 pm

The Conrad in Cairo is wonderful - highly recommended. The one in Hurghada is less so and does come with a healthy quota of package tour groups.

It's also a bit out of the way
Old Mar 18, 2004, 7:09 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by brittex:
The Conrad ... in Hurghada ...

It's also a bit out of the way
</font>
brittex, One item I have not been able to pin down is travel time between Cairo and some of these Red Sea resorts. There are both flights and busses. Which did you take and what was the travel time?

Thanks,

Willie
Old Mar 19, 2004, 7:10 am

I have only done the road trip from Luxor, so can't comment on Cairo..

I flew from Hurghada back to Cairo. Egyptair flies 3-4 a day on this route - some direct, some with a stop in Sharm.

Flights can book up quick and are not particularly cheap. Also, Egyptair changed the schedule several times between booking and flying - make sure you keep a close eye on it if you are planning on connecting to an international flight
Old Apr 19, 2004, 6:59 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Re:

Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Conrad Hurghada Resort

Anything new regarding these properties? Especially interested in the Hurghada... Is there any other CONRAD that's a Category 1?
Old May 1, 2004, 8:19 am
travelalot5

Egypt - CAI/HRG/LXR looking for current info

I've done a search but found information lacking on the CAI Hilton Pyramids and the Hurgada Conrad. The CAI has point stretchers for 10,000/nt and HRG Conrad for 6,000/nt. Both seem to be a good value in the use of points. Any additional or current information on these and the Luxor property would be appreciated.

FWIW - I was able to redeem a Cat 1 point stretcher for three nights (18,000 points) by calling customer service and requesting it to be emailed to me. She had to contact a different department for the authorization as apparently Cat 1 point stretchers no longer exist in the regular redemption.

Thanks

Old May 3, 2004, 3:51 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
I stayed at the Pyramids last July and was very impressed ! I had contacted the General Manager ahead of time (I'm Gold) and was offered an upgrade to a suite. The suite was nice with a very large bathroom and a balcony overlooking the golf course. I received excellent service from all staff, maybe that was because the hotel was not well-booked, but I was very happy with the hotel.
I would stay there again anytime, especially with a point-stretcher....

If you play golf, I have to warn you about the caddies: they tend to be very pushy. I decided to play by myself after having to deal with 2 caddies fighting over who would accompany me one day....

I can also recommend the meet & greet transportation service. They greet you at the gate and get you through immigration in a fraction of the time it takes for "normal" tourists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.