Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Pasadena {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2007, 8:10 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Not bad....

I'm here this week. The parking structure leaves a lot to be desired, unless you valet.

It was nearly 9:00 p.m. when I arrived and I figured out how to enter the self park and all signs stated to go to the 3rd level. I did and parked. The ONLY way down is steps. Now, I don't have any problem with steps, unless I have LUGGAGE. This was the only way I could see how to get any where near the lobby so I hoisted my luggage up, best I could, two pieces, and started the decent downstairs. Finally, I got to a sign that said "Lobby...this way..." and I followed it around and around and around...I felt like it was part of an Alan Funt skit, but I finally managed to get to the lobby. I told the gal that I must have done something really wrong because I had to drag my luggage down 3 flight of stairs and she replied, "oh...you must have self-parked, sorry about that." Trust me, I don't think the State of California wants to pay for valet parking! Anyway, I will be sure to drive my car around to the front and pick up my luggage when I check out...that will be the last time I make that mistake!

Anyway, breakfast is really good. I like when I can give them a few bucks with the coupon and get a to-go container. They had a GREAT selection of fresh fruit--yummy! Someone was making omelets too but I just filled my little container with delicious fresh fruit and grabbed a banana and off I went.

The rooms are really just mediocre. Nothing special...the mini bars have all been removed so there isn't even a refrigerator any more so I have the sink full of ice with a couple yogurts and sodas that I purchased when I was out today. I will use the sink in the morning and go and fill it up with ice again when I leave....pain, but at least it keeps it cold.

The exercise room is great. That is one of my top priorities at the Hilton's I stay in so I would have to say I would probably return as a result of their gym. Plus it is open 24/7 and is really cool. It was 63 degrees when I went down there at 6:00 a.m. this morning and that is p-e-r-f-e-c-t! Free weights and a couple of machines...same ones I use in my home gym, which is nice and great cardio.

You can walk to many, many restaurants. There is a supermarket called Gelsons w/in walking distance, but bring your WALLET. It is very expensive. I got a salad (the kind by the lb.) and it was nearly $15. Ouch....oh well, gotta be careful with those by the lb items. I got a cup of veggie soup and it was $5.32! VEGETABLES....but that is just the cost of traveling in a place you don't know about though....good quality though.

I wish the rooms were a little bit more upgraded. Very plain...no lounge either....but great gym and if you figure out the parking, you are well on your way!

Dawn
Old May 21, 2007, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
When I checked in around 11 pm I was warned and told to pull my luggage first. As an fyi, I parked on the very first floor (near the exit kiosk) each night and the guy said I was fine. There are a couple of one car spaces there, you don't need to travel to the third level (or I was just totally oblivious to any signs). Also, I chose to walk outside the garage past the toll kiosk, turn right and walk around the hotel, I figured it was more direct and from your description I think it was
Old Sep 18, 2010, 9:35 pm
mmo

Has anyone had a recent stay at Hilton Pasadena? We are staying next saturday for one night only for a reception dinner in old town Pasadea. Wondering what kind of breakfast they serve for HH Gold? Also if anyone has used courtesy shuttle to old town Pasadena, or is it just as easy to walk? Any advise on room selection? Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 6:53 am

i stayed there last year. breakfast was standard, if i recall - decent buffet (which is what i normally get). i am gold as well. i agree with everything kymbakitty said.

i did not have a car, and walked from the metro station the night before and took the courtesy shuttle in the morning. it's only a few blocks, and old town is basically one more block - i only took the shuttle because it was drizzling that morning.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by mmo
Has anyone had a recent stay at Hilton Pasadena? We are staying next saturday for one night only for a reception dinner in old town Pasadea. Wondering what kind of breakfast they serve for HH Gold? Also if anyone has used courtesy shuttle to old town Pasadena, or is it just as easy to walk? Any advise on room selection? Thanks!
Stopped off on a LAX -> Las Vegas trip couple of months back and used Hilton instead of Westin where I had been before

Rooms OK - prefered Westin though. I think most of the rooms are very similar

Car park next door - self park wasn't expensive

Didn't have breaky or use shuttle bus - sorry

Position fine though

Overall fine^
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM, CO Gold, Delta Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, PC Gold, HZ Pres Cir
I'm having to stay here for the next few months, doing pennance to make my diamond fats track. This hotel sucks in every way, parking sucks, breakfast sucks, rooms have paper thin walls. Wait the beds are comfy and the staff is nice. It could be worse, but there are SO much better around...\

If anyone has a clue on getting anything nice in this hotel, I'd LOVE to know the trick...
Old Jul 22, 2011, 1:30 pm

Just wrapped up a couple of days at the Hilton Pasadena. Overall, a fine visit.

Location: Great. A half mile from the Metro Gold Line (Del Mar stop), and near shopping, restaurants and all that. I didn’t get out – just work - so no special recommendations. Looked like there was street parking around, if you watch the prohibition signs.

Check-In: I’d done an on-line check-in. Front Desk still wanted to see my credit card. (Sometimes this happens; sometimes not. I don’t get it.) Key packet and welcome letter (for another guest) was waiting. Fast process and the FD agent seemed good. Lobby was nice, with some room for comfortable seating/waiting.

Room: Small but comfortable. No upgrade and didn’t notice anything special about it, aside from being at the end of the hall. No room safe, refrigerator or minibar that I noticed. Lighting was adequate. Drawing the shades made it quite dark. Quiet. Useable desk. Didn’t try the internet access, though my key packet had a code.

Breakfast Coupon: Staged a small fight to get this, and I’m (Diamond) glad I did. Quite a nice assortment of food and a real restaurant setting. I’m vegetarian, so I stuck with the fruit, but there were eggs, waffles (in sugar), meats, cereals and such. Great selection of fruit: watermelon, grapefruit, melons, berries… Coffee was good and service okay. Nearly-empty at 6:00AM opening time.

Other facilities: As has already been observed, a great exercise facility. Never saw anyone there. Some hotel materials still have old opening hour of 5:00AM, but it is now 24 hours. Full array of equipment and everything I tried worked fine. Cool temps were perfect. I think the TV may have been broken on the elliptical I tried. I don’t watch TV, so I don’t know how to operate one (confidently). I’d tried to turn it on to get the current, accurate time, and couldn’t get it to “go”. May have just been me. Second floor pool looked nice, though I went past at 2:00AM, when it was closed and, duh, dark.
Old May 14, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Does anyone have any recent stays on which comment on at the Hilton Pasadena? I am thinking of staying there for a long weekend in early November. Upon searching this appeared to be the most recent conversation on this hotel, if there is something more current, please let me know. Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2013, 4:08 pm

I've stayed in many Hilton's and as a diamond member this has the worst benefits for diamond members. I checked in on a quiet Sunday night for a week and I was given a very small room, no upgrade. There is no executive lounge in this Hilton so you would think they would be a little more accommodating. I asked about the benefits of being a diamond member at the property and was told that the wifi and two bottles of water in the room were the benefits. All my other colleagues staying were basic HHonors members (blue/silver) and confirmed they also got the water and wifi. You do get the continental breakfast coupons but you have to pay an additional fee for the hot buffet. The hotel itself appears clean but the rooms themselves appear very small. The bar is VERY expensive with unfriendly bar staff, however, the front desk people were very nice, professional and always very helpful.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ianefc
I've stayed in many Hilton's and as a diamond member this has the worst benefits for diamond members. I checked in on a quiet Sunday night for a week and I was given a very small room, no upgrade. There is no executive lounge in this Hilton so you would think they would be a little more accommodating. I asked about the benefits of being a diamond member at the property and was told that the wifi and two bottles of water in the room were the benefits. All my other colleagues staying were basic HHonors members (blue/silver) and confirmed they also got the water and wifi. You do get the continental breakfast coupons but you have to pay an additional fee for the hot buffet. The hotel itself appears clean but the rooms themselves appear very small. The bar is VERY expensive with unfriendly bar staff, however, the front desk people were very nice, professional and always very helpful.
Lovely... I have a four night stay in December. At least the price is low for Southern Cal...
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:16 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
I am Gold... Do I need to ask for breakfast vouchers here at check-in, or do I just give them my name/room number? Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:03 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Looks like the wife wants to watch the Tournament of Roses Parade (and even go down a few days early to volunteer to help with decorated the floats.) Right now, the hotel doesn't show any cash reservations available, but I can get an award room for 40K/night.

Both Marriott and IHG haven't loaded Jan. 2017 inventory yet, so I can't check them out yet. Are there any recent experiences at this hotel (versus possibly trying to get a Marriott or IHG close by hotel instead?)
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Looks like the wife wants to watch the Tournament of Roses Parade (and even go down a few days early to volunteer to help with decorated the floats.) Right now, the hotel doesn't show any cash reservations available, but I can get an award room for 40K/night.

Both Marriott and IHG haven't loaded Jan. 2017 inventory yet, so I can't check them out yet. Are there any recent experiences at this hotel (versus possibly trying to get a Marriott or IHG close by hotel instead?)
Where are you planning to watch the parade from? There are Hilton properties in Arcadia as well as Glendale (as noted earlier in this thread) that might be much more comfortable and easier to access. Even if you stay in downtown Pasadena, getting to the float decoration locations will be a hassle (depending on which float(s) you'd want to work on).

Good luck.

David
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DELee
Where are you planning to watch the parade from? There are Hilton properties in Arcadia as well as Glendale (as noted earlier in this thread) that might be much more comfortable and easier to access. Even if you stay in downtown Pasadena, getting to the float decoration locations will be a hassle (depending on which float(s) you'd want to work on).

Good luck.

David
Arcadia is a good option and I know all the Hilton properties there pretty well and they are all within walking distance of a ton of restaurats. Hilton Garden Inn there is top notch as is the Hampton. Embassy Suites is overdue for a thorough renovation. Doubletree Monrovia is ok.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:42 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
First, thanks for the info already provided. It is appreciated.

Second, I really don't know the area at all having never been to Pasadena. My thoughts are that they will fly down around Dec. 27th or 28th to help with the floats. They would also like to attend the parade itself on Jan. 1st.

So with that, is there a single hotel/location that would be best for them? Or would it be better to spend a couple of nights close to where the floats are worked on? I'm assuming the location where the floats would be made might be a few miles or more from the actual parade location.

So given they would want a nice place to watch the parade (given crowds walking distance might be best) yet in the days preceding they would need to be able to get to where ever the floats are put together, what are the best options?

BTW, the Embassy Suites and HGI in Arcadia are both sold out for NYE. The Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena is showing availability for 40K/night. Also the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area is showing availability for 30K/night.

BTW, both are willing to walk a bit. My wife and daughter usually do the Komen 3 Day walk every year (60 miles in 3 days). So they don't have to be within "feet" of the locations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.