Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Eugene {US-OR} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Eugene {US-OR} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:33 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Hilton- Eugene, OR

What is with this property? I don't think it has been updated in 20 years. They provide earplugs for the noisy trains nearby. It looks horrible from the outside, old, disrepair, needs a good cleaning and paint. Inside needs a good cleaning too. Between this and a recent stay at the Sacramento Hilton (another place that really needs a good cleaning) I am really starting to wonder about the standards for Hilton in the US. These older properties need a good scrubbing if not a deep clean. HGI is so much more consistent, I wonder how it will age.

In Eugene, Holiday Inn (Springfield) has a nice modern property about 15 minutes away, six floors with conference space. That should be the Hilton in that market... even if it is around the corner from a nice looking HGI.

For all the fun Hilton made of the old Red Lion chain in OR/WA I think the Eugene Hilton is on par with the worst of the old Red Lions.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
True, it's hardly a showplace. But I believe they did redo the lobby, etc. a few years back, not sure about the rooms.

They have a captive audience - it's virtually the only hotel right downtown (not counting the really cheap motels/or the new uber-expensive Inn at the Fifth), so if you have to go to something at the event center and or Hult Center theater it's your only choice if you don't want to drive after.

Don't get me started on Eugene and the train whistles - what a joke.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:50 am

Looks like some upgrades will be in its future - unclear whether it will remain a Hilton.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/loc...hotel.html.csp
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Looks like some upgrades will be in its future - unclear whether it will remain a Hilton.

Hilton Eugene gets new owner | Main News | Eugene, Oregon
Still a Hilton so far.

I've noticed over the past several months that the exterior windows of the guest rooms have been replaced. Not sure what other changes are actually being/been made since I haven't been inside and the Hilton website doesn't offer any details.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
True, it's hardly a showplace. But I believe they did redo the lobby, etc. a few years back, not sure about the rooms.

They have a captive audience - it's virtually the only hotel right downtown (not counting the really cheap motels/or the new uber-expensive Inn at the Fifth), so if you have to go to something at the event center and or Hult Center theater it's your only choice if you don't want to drive after.

Don't get me started on Eugene and the train whistles - what a joke.
I preferred the train whistles in the room where I was moved from the room across the street from the booming nightclub that I requested be changed.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Still a Hilton so far.

I've noticed over the past several months that the exterior windows of the guest rooms have been replaced. Not sure what other changes are actually being/been made since I haven't been inside and the Hilton website doesn't offer any details.
We stayed there a couple of weeks ago and the new windows were fan-tas-tic - I've experienced both the train whistles and the street noise before and did not hear a peep all night. We faced away from the train tracks on the south side of the building, and we overlooked what must be the garages, roof of the convention center, etc. and we heard nothing inside or out. I mean not one train whistle. Our room was 224, so I think the lower floor also helped. As of 2 weeks ago they still had the upper floors to replace the windows, they might be done by now.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:54 pm

Drove by this afternoon and not quite done yet. Several rooms on the north side were tarped off. I can't remember now if it was the last floor to go or the one below it.

The new ones look far more tinted than the old ones. Was that noticiable from the inside?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:11 pm

Drove by this afternoon and not quite done yet. Several rooms on the north side were tarped off. I can't remember now if it was the last floor to go or the one below it.

The new ones look far more tinted than the old ones. Was that noticiable from the inside?
I didn't notice any tinting at all. We were there on an overcast day/night so maybe it would be more noticeable on a sunny day? And I honestly don't remember how tinted or not they were before.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My mom's building in Florida has run into this issue of tinting. It has to do with environmental regulations that newly installed windows look that way.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:03 pm

To be reflagged next year by the latest owner under Graduate Hotels chain.

Hilton Eugene hotel sells for nearly $80 million - News - The Register Guard - Eugene, OR
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
This was such a tired property...
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by storewanderer
This was such a tired property...
Agreed, I stayed here a few weeks ago. But the staff were all pretty good, breakfast was good, but noise from the nightclub was a PITA and didn't stop until sometime after 1am. I was on one of the upper floors, and it was double glazed, but it didn't seem to make much difference.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
Agreed, I stayed here a few weeks ago. But the staff were all pretty good, breakfast was good, but noise from the nightclub was a PITA and didn't stop until sometime after 1am. I was on one of the upper floors, and it was double glazed, but it didn't seem to make much difference.
Upper floor is a big mistake. There is nothing to "see" in Eugene. I have figured out that 2nd floor, south facing, was blissfully quiet both from trains and nightclub noise. Trust me, I'm a local.

Which makes me extremely sad about this sale. We would occasionally stay here after an evening performance at the Hult when the weather report was crappy. Not now. Not staying anywhere I don't get points. So sad.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:28 pm

Which makes me extremely sad about this sale. We would occasionally stay here after an evening performance at the Hult when the weather report was crappy. Not now. Not staying anywhere I don't get points. So sad.
Only a six block hike over to Home2 for 1/2 points..
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:43 pm

Only a six block hike over to Home2 for 1/2 points..
Yeah, that "might" work, but compared to right there at the Hult - might as well drive home. And I'm not sure why this company that specializes in college towns chose the Hilton...to me I don't really think of it as close to UofO - and on game weekends, EVERY hotel is full - even that Home2 would be a better fit for something close to the school. Or any of the motels along Franklin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.