Wiki Posts
Search

How did I make Diamond

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2002, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 5M
How did I make Diamond

I happened to check my account online today and it unexpectedly showed Diamond status. I have been a gold member with only 6 stays and 6 nights this year. Anybody have any idea why I'm being shown as Diamond now? I don't want to call Hilton in case they take it away....
RKDuke
Old Jun 3, 2002, 5:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I just noticed yesterday that I'm showing as Diamond now too. I assumed it was a result of the double stay credit promo -- I sure hope it isn't a glitch that will be taken away.

Anyone else?
Old Jun 3, 2002, 6:47 am

I just got a Diamond card in the mail saying I was "chosen to experience... Diamond VIP". Good through Sept. 2002 with 25 stays from June 1-Sept. 30 qualifying for an extension to April 2003. I am Gold now.

Maybe your card is in the mail.
Old Jun 3, 2002, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 5M
That must be it biggs. However, I don't see a big difference between Diamond and Gold benefits. The main thing seems to be the guaranteed availability and the higher bonus.
Old Jun 3, 2002, 10:17 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wow... are they giving away Diamond status now...? First fast track, now just give it away? I sincerely hope Starwood does NOT follow suit and give away Platinum.
Old Jun 3, 2002, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
Wow... are they giving away Diamond status now...? First fast track, now just give it away? I sincerely hope Starwood does NOT follow suit and give away Platinum.</font>
Tell me about it. This is just wonderful, during the time of year that Diamond status comes in handy the most - guranteed reservation during vacation season - they have comped a big group of folks. This really ticks me off.
Old Jun 3, 2002, 8:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
I was also upgraded to Diamond from Gold. I have zero stays year to date. That is about to change! I will take the 50% bonus points and 4000 bonus point for 4 stays in a quarter. Plus the better chance of a room upgrade.
Old Jun 3, 2002, 8:57 pm

How on earth....
How did you guys finf out?
Old Jun 3, 2002, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
JayJ,

The 4K bonus points for 4 stays in a quarter has been discontinued.

However, being Diamond is nice.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 10:10 am

My account now says Diamond, too. Strange.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 11:09 am

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I wonder if it's a mistake that happened because of the new website. I'm not going to hold my breath (though I'll be really happy if a new diamond card arrives in the mail!)
Old Jun 4, 2002, 2:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
Wow... are they giving away Diamond status now...? </font>
Looks that way...my profile now says Diamond too, and I'm not close to qualifying yet, even with the double stays promotion.

I do not like this at all.

[This message has been edited by Kitty Hawk (edited 06-04-2002).]
Old Jun 4, 2002, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I got the card too. Does it mean you have to achieve your 25th night during the June - Sept. period or you have to stay 25 nights during that period? If its the latter, they ain't GIVING away anything.

My online status, however, still says "Gold."

[This message has been edited by ILuvParis (edited 06-04-2002).]
Old Jun 4, 2002, 3:12 pm

I pretty much stopped staying at Hiltons a couple of years ago, opting for the Starwood program and properties but also noticed that I was "comped" a Diamond level membership today, when checking my HHonors account on-line.

While I was a "earned" Diamond back when they introduced this membership level for 3 years in a row, I was treated quite differently at most Hilton properties, especially overseas, than with my current Gold level. Room upgrades to suites were pretty consistent as was the amenity.

This upgrade in membership level will come in handy in a few weeks as I'll be staying at a Hilton in NY, thanks Hilton!
Old Jun 4, 2002, 3:33 pm

My account online shows Diamond VIP and I got the mailing with a new card as well, but it only vaild until 9/2002, but to keep it I must make like 15 stays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.