Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cincinnati Airport {US-KY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Cincinnati Airport {US-KY}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2008, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by patom
Will you just go right back to the airport in the morning or are you visiting another part of Cincinnati? The Netherland in downtown Cincinnati is a much better property as is the ES on the river. There are a number of HIs, HGIs a DT and another ES in the greater Cincinnati area.
I will be be staying for less than 24 hours. I have a flight at 6am on Sunday. I dont really know what to do in the area or where to stay. I dont think I will be staying at that place.

Last edited by adam34space; Sep 16, 2008 at 3:36 pm Reason: Error regarding bedbugs. Wrong Hotel
Old Sep 14, 2008, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by adam34space
I will be be staying for less than 24 hours. I have a flight at 6am on Sunday. I dont really know what to do in the area or where to stay. I read on trip advisor that the Netherland has bed bugs. I dont think I will be staying at that place.
I have 8 stays in the past year at the Netherland, no bug issues here. I also have about 6 stays at the CVG Hilton and love the place. Comfortable rooms, good staff. Diamond benefit includes the breakfast buffet which is a bit better than standard. (Smoked salmon etc). You also get a $9 voucher for drinks or apps in the bar.

Walking distance, right across the parking lot, is Rafferty's, a chain "steak and burger" place that has decent food. The hotel shuttle will run you anywhere else in the area if you have the need.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Staying here while flights get straightened out.

The property is under significant construction/renovation. No mention of it on the website.

I requested a king room, high floor, away from elevator. I got everything but the king. I have a "suite" with two double beds.

The hallway is covered in plastic and some other rooms in the hall have their doors propped open, covered in paint cloths, etc. I apparently have one of the "pre-renovation" rooms.

I turn on the sink and put a wash cloth under the water to wash my face. The water in the sink is yellowish, where the water flow hit the washcloth there is a brown spot, and their are flecks of debris in the sink. The front desk sends two engineers up and they say a contractor cut through the pipes down the hall and I just need to "let it run". Eventually the water cleared up.

Overall, pretty disappointing for the rates they're charging. The DoubleTree at the airport looks like a MUCH better option.

Edit to add: Dinner in the lobby bistro was pretty good. Service was a little goofy, but food was very solid.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up

have stayed at the double tree CVG (across the street) and it was great!!
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, Priority Club Plat, Marriott, SPG, Htz Gold
I stay at Hilton properties 40-50 nights pr year. Not sure why this property still has its Hilton stripes. It is awful. And the price Hilton charges a guest at this property is shameful. I just can't figure this one out.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Cheap Cash Rate but no point availability Hilton CVG Airport

Anyone ever seen this before? The rate is $126 a night but no rooms at any point level at all. This is Hilton CVG Airport. Many nights appear to be in this category.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Never mind, I see the adjacent thread. Moderators you can merge this to that one if you want. For the record, online chat with Hhonors on this hasn't helped much.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 6:53 pm

Weird room selection issue - Hilton Cincinnati Airport

So I got the reminder this morning at about 0800 to check in for my stay tomorrow, which I duly did, selecting a king, no connecting door, on a high floor, away from the elevator and not facing the freeway. All good. Now I can't recall the room and I for sure wish Hilton would email you confirmation of the room you selected. Fast forward to tonight, some 12 hours later, and I get another pop-up reminder to check in, which I thought was strange as I had already done this earlier. Now the room I selected is not showing, and all that's left is a choice of exactly 2 rooms, one on the 1st floor and one on the 2nd, both with connecting doors, 2x queens beds and literally the closest to the freeway. This is really, really frustrating. I'm not going to select either and hold out for the room type I selected, but this sort of shenanigans needs to stop. First question, apart from a screen shot, is there any way to prove I checked in and selected my original room, secondly, is there any way to lessen the chance of this happening again? I'm tempted to book the best room in the house on points, show up and play them at their own game....

Edit - King suite is booked with points. We'll see how this goes. Hilton Diamond line were useless, only suggesting I call the hotel.

Thoughts appreciated
Old Jun 15, 2023, 5:17 am

Programs: HH D
[Removed off-topic reference to moderation]

Otherwise, I was going to say: had this same issue about a week ago at a totally different hotel.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jun 15, 2023 at 6:45 am
Old Jun 15, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Tim Fountain
First question, apart from a screen shot, is there any way to prove I checked in and selected my original room, secondly, is there any way to lessen the chance of this happening again? I'm tempted to book the best room in the house on points, show up and play them at their own game....

Edit - King suite is booked with points. We'll see how this goes. Hilton Diamond line were useless, only suggesting I call the hotel.
The DD can't help you with this. Is there anything you can do to lessen this? Not unless you never stay in a hotel again. If a property needs to put a room out of order (as an example) for some reason, then that room will be unavailable. If an in-house guest extends their stay, then the room you chose may not be available. Fwiw, you can bring a screen shot of whatever you want (guests do that all the time) but it's not going to change the equation. Pre-arrival room selections are not guaranteed.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 12:32 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Tim Fountain
First question, apart from a screen shot, is there any way to prove I checked in ....
Yes, you'd really wish all reservatioins at Hilton CVG had some "Last modified by" function, like some forums do, where you can inspect what has been done to your original reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.