Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Nagoya {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Has anyone stayed in the Japanese room? Does it come with executive benefits?

By the way since I'm diamond I booked for 1 person (the price for 2 was higher) but assume there will be no problem with my wife and (young) kid?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:46 pm

I am also contemplating a stay here in the near future. Any recent experiences?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
I am also contemplating a stay here in the near future. Any recent experiences?
Been here a few weeks ago. Fantastic Hotel! By walk 15 Minutes from JR-Station or 5 Minutes by Taxi. Executive Floor with renovated rooms. Stuff very, very friendly! Happy Hour with appetizers, spirits, beer and wine. Breakfast for Diamonds in Lounge or Restaurant; not much Western Style. All in all: perfect.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by flysmart2
Been here a few weeks ago. Fantastic Hotel! By walk 15 Minutes from JR-Station or 5 Minutes by Taxi. Executive Floor with renovated rooms. Stuff very, very friendly! Happy Hour with appetizers, spirits, beer and wine. Breakfast for Diamonds in Lounge or Restaurant; not much Western Style. All in all: perfect.
Awesome, good to here. Did you swing a suite upgrade?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Awesome, good to here. Did you swing a suite upgrade?
No, got an executive room and this was fine.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Contact info via email

I will be here next week as a lowly Silver but attending as part of an extended honeymoon. Any one have an email so I can tell them about it and see if they upgrade me? If not oh well... I also curious what paid upgrades will be offered to me...
Old May 3, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: IHG Spire A, HH Diamond
I was there last year on our late honeymoon as a gold. It was a two night stay using points. They upgraded us to executive level when we mentioned that we were on a honeymoon (We didn't even ask). After checking in, we headed straight to our room. By the time we entered the room, there was already a personalized card, congratulating us, signed by the executive level staff and a bottle of wine in our room.

The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle bus to the JR station. The pick-up location can be a bit tricky to find if one has never been there before, though.

We liked the Hilton Nagoya better than the Tokyo and Osaka Hiltons (judging only by the hotel and not the city). They have a great staff there. We will be back in Japan this summer and didn't plan to stay in Nagoya again, but the experience we had changed our plans and we will be back for three nights thanks to the outstanding service we received last year.
Old May 17, 2017, 4:32 pm

I'm looking to book an executive room (room only basis) at the Hilton Nagoya. I'm a silver Hhonors member.

I understand as a silver member I can enjoy "2nd guest stays for free".

However, does this include access to the executive lounge for my 2nd guest, as well as the complimentary executive lounge breakfast?
Old May 17, 2017, 9:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by boonkoh
I'm looking to book an executive room (room only basis) at the Hilton Nagoya. I'm a silver Hhonors member.

I understand as a silver member I can enjoy "2nd guest stays for free".

However, does this include access to the executive lounge for my 2nd guest, as well as the complimentary executive lounge breakfast?
Yes. Just making the booking for 1 person, and in the comments section write "2nd guest stays free benefit" or something like that.
Old May 18, 2017, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by OriginalName
Yes. Just making the booking for 1 person, and in the comments section write "2nd guest stays free benefit" or something like that.
Does the second guest free benefit extend to he lounge breakfast, as I'm only a silver member?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:37 pm

Has anyone stayed there more recently? Trying to decide if I go to the Marriott or the Hilton.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I'm planning to stay here middle of next month. It's been a couple of years since the last post. I have stayed at the Osaka Hilton but that was a couple of years ago. Any feedback from a recent stay?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:44 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Love the room designs, friendly staff

Hilton Nagoya

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hilton Nagoya

1-3-3 Sakae, Naka-ku Nagoya, JP 460-0008

Love the room designs, friendly staff (19 Photos)

Hilton Nagoya

I initially was supposed to stay at this property for 2 nights, however due to some issues with my flights, I arrived 12 hours later into Nagoya.  Although my initial night rate already passed the cancellation cut off time, after calling the property and informing of my issue, they waived the penalty and I could still keep my 2nd night.  Although I have been to Nagoya numerous times, this was my 2nd time staying at this property some years after my last stay.  

IMG_20221018_133051204_HDR.jpg

The property is not really well located - it is outside of any major shopping area nor close to any public transportation options.  It was about 15-20 mins walk from the JR main station (Nagoya has a 2 other main train operators which have their own stations).   Close to the hotel there are the usual 24 hour convenience store and a few options for food and drink.  Outside of that, there is not much of interest as it's surrounded mainly by office buildings/companies.   I found this to be one of the main negative point of this property. 

Check In

Arriving around noon time, the lobby area was rather busy including the check-in desks, however within a minute of so, one of the front desk associate became free and I was called over.  I was checked in by a friendly and welcoming associate - which in my opinion with a much higher English proficiency compared to my other experience.   During the check-in process, the conversation was a good balance between being casual yet professional.  My HHonors elite status was recognized and I already noticed in the app that I was upgraded to an Executive room - I did not pursue to request for additional upgrade since it was just one night and I would be out for the rest of the time. A rundown of the benefits, executive lounge and breakfast information was provided including an information sheet. 

IMG_20221018_184517088.jpg

IMG_20221018_184520410.jpg

IMG_20221018_184544958.jpg

Room

I found the room on a spacious side - especially for a property in a major city.  What I found really nice was the interior design of the room - although simple, as in Japanese simplicity, due to the clever combined western and Japanese influence design, the room still felt contemporary and even though the hotel is not new, it did not feel dated (like quite a lot of international hotel chains in Japan).  This design was for me one of the most memorable aspect of the property/room. 

From furnishing point of view, there was a nice long sofa running along the window and a working cum dining desk.  At the entrance hallway was two smaller wardrobe separated by an area for luggage. 

There was minibar area with the usual coffee/tea making amenities.  As usual in most Japanese hotel, a pair of Japanese sleepware was also provided.  There was also a small box of pralines offered - which I am not sure if it was because I was an elite member or a standard welcome gift for guests in the Executive room, as there was no specific note about it. 

IMG_20221018_194715599.jpg

IMG_20221018_194729988.jpg

IMG_20221018_194733485.jpg

Sleep quality was very good - with as expected climate control unit and the mattrass, was not too hard nor soft.  Noise disturbance from both internal and external was close to non-existence. 

IMG_20221018_194759599.jpg

IMG_20221018_194914870.jpg

IMG_20221018_195146983.jpg

TV channels - like at most international chain branded hotels was limited for non-Japanese options.  Internet speed was stafble and good.  

The bathroom size was sufficient - with a nice large shower combined bathtub area.  As usual water temperature and pressure was very good.  Toiletries were the usual Crabtree and Evelyn brand type.  The toilet was equipped with the expected Japanese washlet type.

IMG_20221018_194746051.jpg

IMG_20221018_194749519.jpg

Executive Lounge

The lounge was situated a floor above my floor - and as expected, it was a very well appointed lounge.  In order to accommodate the number of lounge guests esepcially during the evening hour, they had a spill over area across the main lounge.  

IMG_20221018_195637341.jpg

I only had the opportunity to visit the lounge during the evening hours and although busy, I did manage to find a table.  For lounge eligible guests, there is also the option to carry out the check-in/out process at the lounge.  (I was not offered this nor took advantage of this the next day).   The staff in the lounge was also very welcoming and friendly.

IMG_20221018_184641480.jpg

IMG_20221018_184658588.jpg

IMG_20221018_184804854.jpg

IMG_20221018_191551495.jpg

The food and beverages offered at the lounge was very good - as expected from lounges in Japan (which is why it can get very crowded).  There was more than sufficient food to make a evening meal out of the offerings.  Food refill was good, although for some dishes that ran out,  it was replaced with another option.  

IMG_20221018_190506886.jpg

Breakfast

The breakfast was served at the main restaurant of the hotel located opposite the check-in area.  I am not sure if under normal conditions (outside of the pandemic) is offered at the lounge.  The hotel does seem to be quite packed, as the breakfast room was very crowded when I visited.  

The breakfast offering was very good - with a good mix of western and local options.  Even within the local Japanese options, they did have even localized dishes from Nagoya itself.  The quality as expected was high.  I believe that you could also have eggs to order - however since I did not have too much time, I did not bother to enquire about that. 

IMG_20221019_072449814.jpg

Overall

Check-out process was efficient, but the agent checking me out was the total opposite in behaviour during my check-in. To sum up, this property is in my opinion very good in general overal, and I would certainly not hesitate to return to this property even though it's location is the main setback as compared to the Marriott located just above the station (and of equal caliber in quality, except that it's usually on the expensive side).  An option could be for the hotel to offer a complimentary service for guests from the JR station.    All in all, a good Hilton property.

Love the room designs, friendly staff

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Nagoya?

No, thank you.
Yes
restlessinRNO and rts123 like this.
Old May 7, 2023, 5:55 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I had a couple of short stays at Hilton Nagoya recently (my 3rd/4th stays). It’s still a nice hotel, staff are very friendly and treats Gold/Diamond well but is beginning to show its age. I spotted one USB point by one side of the bed but who still carries around LAN devices or uses HDMI? Breakfast is still decent but lounge offerings were not as good as I remember from my previous visits.

Old May 7, 2023, 7:16 pm

I always use HDMI, both for entertainment and work. Such outlet is convenient because at some hotels TV was fixed and unable to reach the HDMI input of the TV.
Use LAN (ethernet) when it is more stable than wifi; I thought it, but at some hotels, the opposite was true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.