Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Honeymoon Thread: 2001-2010

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2005, 1:55 pm

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
You can't deny that Rome is the greatest (see all the other threads - especially if you're Gold or Diamond), maybe in Combination with Sorrento.

When is your trip planned? Season matters in a resort... Although Vanessa does have a point about Mauritius - I think it's quite new.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 2:13 pm

Programs: United Premier Exec, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by jsfr
You can't deny that Rome is the greatest (see all the other threads - especially if you're Gold or Diamond), maybe in Combination with Sorrento.

When is your trip planned? Season matters in a resort... Although Vanessa does have a point about Mauritius - I think it's quite new.

Trip is in mid march.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, FB Plat
fyi, trip reports on Hilton Mauritius here :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...3&page=2&pp=22
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443803
Old Nov 8, 2005, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Sharks Bay Hilton in Sharm El Sheikh. While not the glitziest, it is very nice. It's an all inclusive (diving not included), the people are exceptional, diving is world-class, and it's a beautiful hillside location. We loved it so much on our visit last year, we're going back again next month.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 2:10 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Spg Gold, HH Gold, AZ Freccia Alata, Hertz Club Gold
Honey Moon Ideas ?

Hi all.

I'm try to plan my honey moon trip ( 1 week ) in Scottland or Ireland, in the
middle of june.

I'm looking for SPA and Golf.

Any suggestion ?

Any good ideas ? @:-)

Thanks ^
Old Feb 10, 2006, 6:26 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, OnePass, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold
HELP - Planning a Honeymoon with Points

Hi - I need the boards help. I am starting to plan my honeymoon. Location is not important right now. I just want to know the best place to use my Hilton points. Currently I have 225k points. I see that we can stay for six nights at Hilton Hawaiian Village or Hilton Waikoloa Village for 175k points. Are there other locations that would be better? Please help!
Old Feb 10, 2006, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
want romantic?

all roads lead to Rome
Old Feb 10, 2006, 6:46 am

Totally agree with Rome.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 7:03 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, OnePass, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold
Rome is great and all - but can I get a 6 night trip for 200k points?
Old Feb 10, 2006, 7:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by zachs18
yes same as hhv 175k plus the rome cavalieri rooms price out at about 450 euros a nite. best bang for your buck in the hilton chain
Old Feb 10, 2006, 7:39 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Status?

You didn't say what status you were...I'm guessing you must at least be gold to get the 175k for HWV or HHV.

The reason I ask if that while I TOTALLY agree with Rome, you may not be able to get a week unless you are diamond. It is pretty tough, so I hear.

Also, when is the honeymoon? That makes a difference how much time you have to plan and how busy the place will be, of course, depending on the month you plan to be there.

I happen to think Ireland is pretty romantic too...different world out there. Everyone is so da*n happy and friendly....totally infectious.

Romantic-wise, , I have to say Cancun would be a good choice too. I found it quite romantic (we travel on our anniversary every year).

If you aren't totally tired of Hawaii (I know we were for quite a few years and wanted something different)...again, depending on when your wedding/honeymoon is, Hilton has taken over the property mgmt of the Grand Wailea!!! This is an AWESOME property in Maui that is VERY romantic. We are going to the Hilton Cabo tomorrow for a week, so I can't comment on that property yet, but we have already decided that next GLONP will be the Grand Wailea!

Dawn

Dawn
Old Feb 10, 2006, 7:42 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Glonp

Originally Posted by zachs18
As long as you are Gold/Diamond, you can get ANY premium (level 6) property for 175k points.

I'm pretty sure you have to be Gold/Diamond to qualify....otherwise it is 40k a night. I could be wrong....but I think this is a requirement to turn your points into what is referred to as a GLONP (an award for a level 6 premium hotel).

Also, if you are Gold/Diamond, you can go to any level 5 or less hotel in the world for 150k points, referred to as a GLON. Also, I believe if you have an Hilton Honors AE, you can go anywhere in the world, regardless of the level, for 4 nights for 125k points. This is nice if you want to spend 4 nights here and another 4 nights somewhere else without breaking the (point) bank. I have no idea if you need to have a Hilton status for the American Express offer. And actually, I don't even know if it has to be a Hilton AE...maybe someone else can address that.

Dawn
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
As long as you are Gold/Diamond, you can get ANY premium (level 6) property for 175k points.

I'm pretty sure you have to be Gold/Diamond to qualify....otherwise it is 40k a night. I could be wrong....but I think this is a requirement to turn your points into what is referred to as a GLONP (an award for a level 6 premium hotel).

Also, if you are Gold/Diamond, you can go to any level 5 or less hotel in the world for 150k points, referred to as a GLON.
Dawn
Is that for Golds now too? Wasn't it called VIP awards since you had to be Diamond VIP to get it? The value of Diamond decreases more and more every day. Is there any difference left between Gold/Diamond?

As to the subject matter, I'd say don't do Hawaii for a honeymoon, everyone and their brother goes there for a honeymoon. I was in the same boat as you last year planning honeymoon with hh points. Ended up going to Conrad Mt Juliet in Ireland and loved it as did the new mrs ediddy. Our original plan was Hilton Maldives but it was such a long trip that we decided against it (let me rephrase, my wife decided against it). Hotel looks amazing though and rooms are in the $650 a night range meaning good use of hhonors points. I'd still like to go there sometime, just gotta convince the mrs that a 30 hr trip with 3 connections can be fun.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
VIP awards are available to Silver/Gold/Diamond, either 6 nights for 150,000 points (levels 1-5) or 175,000 (level 6).

http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors...vip_membership

You usually get Silver just by getting a HHonors credit card (Amex or Visa).

If you get an HHonors AMEX card, you can use the AXON award 4 nights for 125,000 points. Status doesn't matter in this case.

https://www124.americanexpress.com/c....specialoffers

https://www124.americanexpress.com/c...#hhonorspoints
Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:22 am

As mentioned previously...

VIP rewards are for members as low as SILVER and you automatically get silver with the HHonors AMEX (meaning virtually ANYONE can get the VIP rewards).

You do NOT have to be Gold or Diamond to get VIP rewards. Though being gold or diamond definitely helps make the trip much better with upgrade and breakfast benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.