Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Antwerp {BEL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
As a Gold VIP I got upgraded to the Club level. Scrambled eggs, juices, bacon, etc., for breakfast and hot appetizers with evening cocktails.

WiFi available throughout hotel for 10 Euros/day (or was it 20).

Hotel is about a 5 mintue walk from the river front and 30 seconds walk from one of the main squares which has several restaurants.

Service at hotel was quite good. YMMV.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by ROW2Aisle
As a Gold VIP I got upgraded to the Club level. Scrambled eggs, juices, bacon, etc., for breakfast and hot appetizers with evening cocktails.

WiFi available throughout hotel for 10 Euros/day (or was it 20).

Hotel is about a 5 mintue walk from the river front and 30 seconds walk from one of the main squares which has several restaurants.

Service at hotel was quite good. YMMV.
Can confirm ROW2Aisle comments. Have stayed there last December, got an upgrade as well etc. Absolutely no problem.

In addition, I've got *free* WiFi access (it was part of the actual room rate)
Old Mar 30, 2005, 1:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
To provide an update on the Hilton Antwerp, here's a quick report from the 5th floor.

Very nice hotel. Very central, on the Groenplaats. It's an historic building, but the hotel itself is very modern and very comfortable. Literally connected to a large shopping complex by its side-door entrance, you can get some good shopping in without having to fight the rain (like we did today).

Asked the front desk about checking-in at the lounge. That's when we discovered that, for whatever reason, they did not show me as Gold. A quick show of the card and a reconfirmation on-screen and we were immediately upgraded to Club level, 5th floor.

Very comfortable lounge, very well kept. Reminiscent of Hilton Malta's lounge--spacious and long, covering the equivalent space of about 6 executive rooms. When we arrived in the afternoon, the lounge was stocked with sweets, coffees, teas, and water. In the evening, we saw Crémant d'Alsace make an appearance, also various fresh cheeses, salami, sausages, chicken snacks. Good selection of spirits. A number of varieties of Belgian beer.
Executive room with sitting corner, desk, in-room safe. CD player above TV as well. Complimentary water, robes, trouser press, tea/coffee, et al. Separate shower and bath. WiFi for 15 Euros/day (512 kbps up/down), buy-p possible if needed.

A knock on the door offered us turndown service, which we politely turned down. We were still handed tomorrow's weather and some chocolates and wished a good night.

Bottom line: considering the €109 rate we're paying, including buffet breakfast, I almost feel guilty. We've found another excellent Hilton hotel
Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by Grog
Bottom line: considering the €109 rate we're paying, including buffet breakfast, I almost feel guilty. We've found another excellent Hilton hotel
Grog, where did you find a rate of EUR 109 ?? I always ended up finding rates only far above EUR 200. Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 1:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mtresc
Grog, where did you find a rate of EUR 109 ??
Here's the FT thread: Hilton Easter Offer 2005 - B&B for €89, €109 and €139
Old Mar 31, 2005, 2:39 am
Suspended

While Antwerp is only a good hour drive away from my hometown, I check rates there quite frequently and normally even weekend rates drop seldomly below € 145 at the Hilton, which is considered one of three best hotels in Belgium, Amigo in Brussels is certainly a strong competitor:

http://www.hotelamigo.com/

Mentioning that, the Scandic in town, less desirable hotel, especially their location goes easily below € 100 on weekends or 10000 HH points weeklong...

Same for the Crowne Plaza, a 4* property right by the freeway, normally well below € 80 on weekends and solid packages...

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/hpd/anrbe
Old Nov 23, 2006, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Smile Hilton Antwerp - a few questions

Hello all,

Am planning to go with the soon to be Mrs Nollag to Antwerp for New Year (never did quite get round to buying the sparkler yet - so will do it then !)

We are staying in the Hilton. Would appreciate your views, both on how good the hotel is, and what to do in the city at New Yr.

Do the Hilton Antwerp typically upgrade Diamonds ? If so, does anyone have their e-mail address, as its not on hilton.com ?

What's the Exec Club like ? Is it open late ? Is the gym any good ?

Thanks

Nollag
Old Nov 23, 2006, 7:14 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Hilton Antwerp is very well located, right on one of the main squares. Easy access to the underground and hence the train station. Being so well located is unusual for a European Hilton in my experience.

The hotel is very nice, only suites over look the square and I didn't get one of those. Did get Exec Floor with Lounge (which is large and comfortable).
Breakfast in either lounge or restaurant (which was nothing special compared to other Hiltons).

This hotel is all about location. I'd definately return.

The gym is not part of the hotel but is directly linked. Didn't use it, but it looked alright.

Antwerp itself is charming, you'll love it. Lots of open air restaurants in the many squares, although maybe not when you are visiting
Old Nov 23, 2006, 8:29 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I concur with Travel The World. The last time we stayed at the Hilton Antwerp was a couple of months ago, and they did upgrade us to the Exec level with use of the Club Lounge. Location is fantastic, and you will have no trouble finding out what's on for New Year.

(Just be aware there is lots of construction going on around Antwerpen-Centraal, making it difficult to navigate and even get a taxi. Use the tram / light rail, or get off the train at Berchem station and get a taxi there, if youa re arriving by rail.)
Old Nov 23, 2006, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JDiver
I
(Just be aware there is lots of construction going on around Antwerpen-Centraal, making it difficult to navigate and even get a taxi. Use the tram / light rail, or get off the train at Berchem station and get a taxi there, if youa re arriving by rail.)
I agree! I just had a one-night stay at the Hilton and came off the train at Centraal and couldn't find anything! Even the guy at the tourist info booth in the station just apologized and said he couldn't tell me where the taxis were on any particular day! I did find the taxi stand couple of blocks away but I'm glad I didn't have a lot of luggage with me!

Antwerp Hilton was very nice. As a Diamond I got the exec floor, lounge access (I believe it's open 24 hours, beer, water, and soft drinks available self-serve). Missed the breakfast, but a bottle of wine, fruit plate, mineral water, and a small box of chocolates were delivered to my room after arrival.

I was VERY happy with my stay there.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really like this hotel and the service is tops. As noted an excellent exec lounge with quality champagne, quality nibblies and quality furnishings. Diamonds can check in/oiut in the exec lounge so as to to avoid the s-l-o-w front desk. Excellent restaurant, busy friendly bar, so-so cafe. The underground parking is a real puzzle. Trying to locate the hotel entrance after driving from Paris was a difficult challange.

MisterNice
Old Nov 24, 2006, 1:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, FB Plat
I echo previous comments on ubiquitous construction making driving access very difficult.

Assuming you will arrive by rail, do you like walking? If so (and luggage permits), I would favor walking from the train station to the hotel. It's a solid 15-min walk, but a nice one if the weather cooperates, and probably faster than going by taxi.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 6:22 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Originally Posted by PaulasPain
I echo previous comments on ubiquitous construction making driving access very difficult.

Assuming you will arrive by rail, do you like walking? If so (and luggage permits), I would favor walking from the train station to the hotel. It's a solid 15-min walk, but a nice one if the weather cooperates, and probably faster than going by taxi.
I agree with the option to walk from the train station. It's along the main shopping street. Watch out for the small shops/stalls selling Belgian Waffles
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:13 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by ColumbiaPete
As a Diamond I got the exec floor, lounge access (I believe it's open 24 hours, beer, water, and soft drinks available self-serve). Missed the breakfast, but a bottle of wine, fruit plate, mineral water, and a small box of chocolates were delivered to my room after arrival.
Just checked into the Hilton Antwerp today, and confirm the same as Diamond. This is not my first stay here, but first time as Diamond.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 5:34 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by fimo
Just checked into the Hilton Antwerp today, and confirm the same as Diamond. This is not my first stay here, but first time as Diamond.
Did you stay previously as a HH Gold? If so, what benefits did you receive? Can anyone confirm if Golds can check-in in the lounge and will likely get an exec level upgrade at weekends? Many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.