Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
I just don't happen to agree with the manner Hilton Honors is interpreting their own rules; specifically, I interpret their rule as meaning that if you had/paid for, let's say, 10-rooms and so long as they were on seperate folios then you would get credited for 10-rooms because no folio contained more then 2-rooms.

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
I'm not sure what your argument is about. According to the e-mail you quoted, you DID receive base points for 2 rooms even though you had separate folios. You GOT the credit that you were ENTITLED.

It appears you are attempting to use threats to get credit for a third room which you are clearly not entitled to. Hilton T&C state a max of 2 rooms per stay will be credited.

Sigh, another frivolous lawsuit, jamming up the legal system.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: Not Worthy...
Same question as many people, but slightly different circumstances. The night before my wedding I am staying at the Hilton and getting a room for my fiance at the Hampton Inn nearby. If I physically check in at both locations would I get both "stays" in one night?

If I missed the answer to this somewhere in the thread I apologize, I assume not to many people go checking into two different Hiltons on the same night. And it definitely seems impossible to have both rooms put on the same folio.

Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 2:29 am
cjd

Originally Posted by MMSB01
Same question as many people, but slightly different circumstances. The night before my wedding I am staying at the Hilton and getting a room for my fiance at the Hampton Inn nearby. If I physically check in at both locations would I get both "stays" in one night?

If I missed the answer to this somewhere in the thread I apologize, I assume not to many people go checking into two different Hiltons on the same night. And it definitely seems impossible to have both rooms put on the same folio.

Thanks for the help!
Might be wrong, but I don't think you would get the points in that scenario. You would probably have to ring Hhonors to explain the situation and it would then be obvious that you were not staying at the Hampton Inn and were trying to get round the rules. Officially I think the rules say that the member has to be staying at the hotel to get points and credits.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MMSB01

Thanks for the help!
Originally Posted by cjd
Might be wrong, but I don't think you would get the points in that scenario. You would probably have to ring Hhonors to explain the situation and it would then be obvious that you were not staying at the Hampton Inn and were trying to get round the rules. Officially I think the rules say that the member has to be staying at the hotel to get points and credits.
exactly....you would only get points for the second room if you were staying in the first room & the second room was in the same hotel....
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by saad
exactly....you would only get points for the second room if you were staying in the first room & the second room was in the same hotel....
Officially yes, however, I expect that he will get points for both stays....
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: Not Worthy...
They don't seem to have any clear rules on this that I can find. It would definitely suck if I have to pay for two rooms and don't get credits as they cannot be put on the same folio.

We will see though.
Old May 20, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
[QUOTE=MoreMilesPlease;12039058]You are entitled to points for two rooms when they are on one folio. If you follow the rules and make sure at check-out that two rooms are on one folio, then you will get the points. One folio means one folio. It is the members responsibility to ensure that the rooms are on one folio, as per the written rules. Did I mention that the two rooms have to be on one folio to comply with the HHonrs rules and get the entitled points?

It should not be the resposibility of the hhonors member....this will burn anyone the first time as most people have a life and don't memorize rules such as these. I did ask the question will I get points for both rooms....answer was yes. Not guests responsibility to be all knowing but desk person should know rules.

Like I said I will know better next time.....I still want what I am entitled to....points for both rooms.

Last edited by san888; May 20, 2010 at 8:11 pm Reason: misspelling
Old May 24, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Question 2 rooms same arrival date but different departure date, can do 1 folio?

[QUOTE=san888;13995602]
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
You are entitled to points for two rooms when they are on one folio. If you follow the rules and make sure at check-out that two rooms are on one folio, then you will get the points. One folio means one folio. It is the members responsibility to ensure that the rooms are on one folio, as per the written rules. Did I mention that the two rooms have to be on one folio to comply with the HHonrs rules and get the entitled points?

It should not be the resposibility of the hhonors member....this will burn anyone the first time as most people have a life and don't memorize rules such as these. I did ask the question will I get points for both rooms....answer was yes. Not guests responsibility to be all knowing but desk person should know rules.

Like I said I will know better next time.....I still want what I am entitled to....points for both rooms.
I booked 2 rooms (under 2 separate reservations with my Hhonors #) for myself and my family under my name, arrival on the same day but with different departure date (I need to check out 1 day earlier than my family), will the front desk be capable to put 2 rooms on 1 folio when I check out the first room even though will different departure date, or it has to be same departure date? Do we get diamond benefits (free breakfast) on both rooms?

Thanks for any input in advance!

Last edited by GordonGordon; May 24, 2010 at 11:01 pm
Old May 24, 2010, 11:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
You will definitely get points for both rooms, just ask at Reception to put them on same folio. Regarding benefits, ask them nicely and you might get a positive answer. They do not have to do it, but they might, especially since you travel with family.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond and HHonors Diamond
Honors Points for Multiple Rooms at same hotel / time

I have a stupid question. If I book 2 rooms with a Hampton Inn or DoubleTree with HHonors (paying...not a rewards stay), do I get points for the entire bill?

I would assume it's 1 stay, but points for all the rooms.

So if it's $100 for my room and $100 for my parents room, I would assume that I would get $200 base points plus whatever bonus points I get on top. (I'm a new Diamond)

That's the way ICHotels have done it in the past.

But I've never gotten that to work for me at a Hilton property.

Separately -- if the 2nd room is booked in my name, but it's checked out under my brother's Credit Card...does that make a difference? (He has no HH number).

Thanks as always.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 5:12 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
From HHonors FAQ:

13. Can I receive credit for two rooms if I'm paying for both?

Members may earn Base point credit for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid together on one folio. Base point credit will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. Bonuses issued on Base points or total folio charges, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50% depending on member tier), and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned or folio charges incurred for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including partner bonus points and other promotional bonuses, bonus points will be awarded on one room only. You will receive only one stay credit (including credit toward HHonors VIP tiers), and only one mileage credit will be earned.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: Delta Diamond and HHonors Diamond
thanks

so it needs to be one folio
Old Sep 24, 2010, 4:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Does anyone have hints for how to marry up and merge two reservations?

I have an upcoming stay where I reserved one king suite and one two-bed room, couldn't seem to do that online without making two separate reservations. Same card, both under my name, will that automatically be rolled into one folio?

I assume the answer is "call the diamond desk" and get them to merge the reservations, or just do it when I check in at the front desk, but if there's a way to do it online, advice would be appreciated.

TDM
Old Sep 24, 2010, 5:07 pm

Thumbs down

I hope you have better luck that me... After asking for one folio on two rooms prior to checking out twice this year, I have had nothing headache trying to get them posted correctly. I am just about OVER Hilton after spending 3 hours on the phone yesterday begging for my correct points! And now I am still short one night. It is Friday and I refuse to call them again and have my blood pressure hit the ceiling.

It has become rediculous trying to call the HHonors Desk and get any help! I'm a lowly Gold Member. Maybe they treat Diamonds better, but I refuse to even give more days to Hilton when I have choices that appreciate my business and don't make me BEG for my correct nights/points.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Does anyone have hints for how to marry up and merge two reservations?

I have an upcoming stay where I reserved one king suite and one two-bed room, couldn't seem to do that online without making two separate reservations. Same card, both under my name, will that automatically be rolled into one folio?

I assume the answer is "call the diamond desk" and get them to merge the reservations, or just do it when I check in at the front desk, but if there's a way to do it online, advice would be appreciated.

TDM
The few times I have done this has always been in Australia (not sure if that has relevance) and it has never been an issue. I simply do both check-ins at once and tell them and and all is OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.