Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors® Visa® Signature Card from Citibank®

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2000, 6:30 am
Original Member
Original Poster

From USA Today:

Sharp card: Hilton HHonors Visa Platinum card from Citibank gives three HHonors points for dollars spent at Hiltons, or two points per dollar at most other merchants. Call 888-601-7083 for card details.

Interesting they added a Visa along with Amex

--Jim
Old Nov 27, 2000, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
This card has NO fees attached.

TW
Old Nov 28, 2000, 2:26 pm

Citibank is a great choice for issuer as it is known as a fairly liberal lender, both for the amount of credit, and for there acceptance of applicants!
Old Nov 28, 2000, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL: PM
How does this card compares to the American Express Card?
Old Nov 29, 2000, 8:09 am

Both cards are no fee.

Amex awards you 5 pts/$ at Hilton and 3 pts/$ for all other charges.
Visa awards 3 pts/$ at Hilton and 2 pts/$ for all other charges.

Amex is better unless you tend to spend at locations that don't accept Amex.

Also, I called and you can earn the 7,500 activation bonus on the Visa card even if you have the Amex card.
Old Jan 29, 2001, 11:24 am

Hilton Silver Visa Card

Hello,

I registered for the Hilton Promo Last year.

Get a Hilton Amer Express card and after first purchase get something like 7500 Hhonors.

So after those were registered to my account, I cancelled my Amex account.

I then called Hilton and applied for the same promo on their new Platinum Visa account.

Will I still get the 7,500 Hhonors???
Old Jan 29, 2001, 3:38 pm
vandykes44

I did the same thing and earned 15000 miles.

Old Jan 29, 2001, 3:42 pm
DOC 2 BE

First, you guy mean points not miles. Second, why would you get rid of no fee credit cards where your point earnings are so plentiful?

Old Mar 7, 2001, 8:08 pm
mel

Hilton HHonors® Visa® Signature Card from Citibank®

Hello,
Can someone explain what the deal is with the Hilton Honors Visa card from Citibank? I got approved for this card last month and just finished my first billing cycle. I'm wondering if anyone knows how long the points take to post into your HHonors account after you recieve your credit card statement in the mail. Also, how long did the 7500 bonus points take to post? Another thing, how come Citibank isn't advertising this card anywhere? Its not listed on the websites of Citibank USA, nor on Hilton or HiltonHHonors.com. Is there any reason why it is operating in stealth mode? Finally, is this really Citibank?? I just called them on the phone to verify that they have my correct HHonors account number. The first time this Hispanic woman answered the phone who couldn't speak or comprehend simple English. I repeated 4 times "Ma'm, do you have my Hilton Honors account number?" And all 4 times she either told me my name or the phone number for Hilton. I hung up and called back 5 minutes later. This guy picks the phone and when I ask him to verify my HHonors acct number, he says he has no idea what it is or how / when / why the points are transferred!? At first he asks, isn't your Hilton Honors account number same as your Visa card number??? I was umm...NO! When I asked him how they would credit the points into my account with knowing the HHOnors number, he said "they probably do it by name". This is amazing....just doesn't seem like real Citibank customer service standards, and I've been a Citibank customer for many years now. Anyone have similar experiences? The card seems really cool. I have a VERY generous credit line with 0% APR until September, which is great because I just blew up $800 on a satellite dish, but I would also love to see my HHonors points posted soon. What's up..
Old Mar 7, 2001, 8:14 pm
DOC 2 BE

Points and bonus posted real fast for me. I don't recall the particulars of signing up, sorry.

Credit line was great for me, too. I charged my entire semester's tuition on it!

Old Mar 8, 2001, 7:26 am

mel -- This card is issued by Citibank USA, which is different from Citibank NA that you most likely dealt with in the past. Why this card is not listed on the HHonors site, or on the main Citibank USA site, is beyond me, but there is a special web site just for this card: http://www.hhonorscard.com .
Old Mar 8, 2001, 10:48 am

The Citibank credit card now seems to be listed on the HHonors website under the link for Earning Points & Miles. It is listed at the top of the page with all of the other partners.
Old Mar 8, 2001, 3:59 pm

I also had problems getting the 7500 points. After about 2 phone calls to HHonors and Citibank, supposedly today at noon (72 hours) the 7500 points were suppose to post. I made my 1st purchase 1/14/2001. I was told by someone at HHonors they I had earned the points but HHonors screwed up and it wasn't posting to my correct HHonors account. If it isn't there by tomorrow at noon I am calling, complaining and demanding more points (this usually works).

Just keep bugging them. If you don't get anywhere, hang up and try another Hhonors/Citibank person.

HHonors always has had horrible service in my opinion.

I truly believe I will have these points soon. Good luck.
Old Mar 8, 2001, 5:18 pm

Spoke to HHonors again tonight. Supposedly the Liason between HHonors and Citibank was out sick all week (give me a break).

Anyway, they said they would give me the 7500 points next week when she gets back.

I complained (nicely) and she gave me 3,000 points (which are already in my account).

I figure I can wait another week for the 7,500 since they gave me an extra 3,000.

Not a bad deal.

I started talking real nice to the HHonors rep. I figured she would only give me 1,000.

Those fools.
Old Mar 9, 2001, 1:03 pm

Mel,
thanks for the post,as it reminded me that I too got this card at the end of january,but not only did I not get my HH points as promised,I've never gotten my first bill!!!Checked my account on-line today and shows a current balance of 748.86 with no payment due.(first transaction took place Jan.29,2001 last onemarch 2,2001)
Checked account history which shows:
Due BY:N/A
Min.Pmt.Due:N/A
Days in billing cycle:N/A

Called their customer service who could not tell me when these charges would be due or when I would get a statement,but assured me I was not past due.

IF it is this hard to get a statement I can only imagine how long it will take to get the HH POINTS.
I think they are a little screwed up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.