Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors® Visa® Signature Card from Citibank®

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors® Visa® Signature Card from Citibank®

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2006, 9:27 am
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by zsmith2
I haven't used mine in about 6 months and haven't received anything.

Ditto here.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 2:49 pm

My husband received the same offer and it doesn't say that it was targeted.

Lori
Old Jul 9, 2006, 2:19 pm

Did not receive promo offer..Use HH Visa every week

I did not get notice of this promo and I use the card frequently.

Originally Posted by flingo
Just got this in the mail yesterday:

2,500 bonus points for using the card in each of July, August and September

Minimum purchase $1/month

No registration, no indication if it is targetted.

This is one good reason why I keep affinity cards that charge no fee, but I never use
Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by flingo
Just got this in the mail yesterday:

2,500 bonus points for using the card in each of July, August and September

Minimum purchase $1/month

No registration, no indication if it is targetted.

This is one good reason why I keep affinity cards that charge no fee, but I never use
Are you sure that is 7500 bonus points (2500 per month) or is this just one 2500 point bonus for using the card in each of the three months? Does anyone have a link?
Old Jul 12, 2006, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Cornroaster
Are you sure that is 7500 bonus points (2500 per month) or is this just one 2500 point bonus for using the card in each of the three months? Does anyone have a link?
No link. This is an offer made by direct mail. I haven't used my account in about 6 months and used to use it very regularly. No doubt it's targeted in some way that impefectly hits their targeted group.

Its states the offer pretty obviously except the $1 minimum is hidden in small print at the bottom. I guess they were hoping to trip up a few people who buy a candy bar a month.

"This summer, earn a free night by using your Hilton Hhonors Visa Card in July, August and September!

For your account ending in: xxxxx

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for being a Hilton Hhonors Visa cardmember. When you use your card this summer you may earn 7,500 Hilton Hhonors points (1) -- that's enough for a free night at Opportunity Category Hilton Family hotels. (2)

Earning your reward is simple.

Use your card in July -- earn 2,500 bonus points.
Use your card in August -- earn 2,500 bonus points.
Use your card in September -- earn 2,500 bonus points.

Total: 7500 points. That's enough for a free night at Opportunity Category Hilton Family hotels.

Your special summer bonus points are on top of the great benefits you already enjoy.... (etc etc. nothing new here)

(small print at bottom corresponding to numbers)

(1) Points will appear within 4-6 weeks of the qualifying purchase. Hilton Hhonors membership, earning of Points and Miles, and redemption of pionts are subject to Hhonors Terms and Conditions. Visit hiltonfamily.com for program Terms and Conditions. Minimum purchase $1 each month.

(2) Hilton Hhonors points required for a free reward night range between 7,500 points for an Opportunity Category hotel and 40,000 points for a Category 6 hotel. (yada yada yada) "

Last edited by joemuseum; Jul 12, 2006 at 5:14 pm
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by joemuseum
No link. This is an offer made by direct mail. I haven't used my account in about 6 months and used to use it very regularly. No doubt it's targeted in some way that impefectly hits their targeted group.

Its states the offer pretty obviously except the $1 minimum is hidden in small print at the bottom. I guess they were hoping to trip up a few people who buy a candy bar a month.
Thanks for the info Joe. I didn't receive the targeted mailing, but I'll probably put a small charge on the card each of the three months on the off chance that I end up getting the bonus.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cornroaster
Thanks for the info Joe. I didn't receive the targeted mailing, but I'll probably put a small charge on the card each of the three months on the off chance that I end up getting the bonus.
no offer for me, shucks, ill need to stop using it
Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Is the offer open to UK card holders, or is it USA specific ?
Old Jul 14, 2006, 7:56 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Citibank HH Visa Card - Bonus

I got the Citibank HH Visa sometime ago since there is no annual fee and there was a bonus for 1st usage of the card. I used the card once or twice after getting it then put it away since it's not my primary card and even the HH AMEX gives you more points / $ spent.

Apparently, they noticed that I have not used the card in quite a long time, so I received a letter this week saying that for 3 months if I use the card each month I would earn 2,500 bonus points for each month for a total of 7,500 bonus points.

If this has been discussed, please feel free to close/merge. Thanks!!!
Old Jul 21, 2006, 6:51 pm

Programs: Retired-CO Former Long-time Plat, Now a Kettle, Hilton Gold (Thanks AMEX)
7,500 Points From citi (targeted)

It came in today's mail from Citibank.

" As a valued Hilton HHonors Visa cardmember you may earn 7,500 bonus points for staying at any of over 2,800 HiltonFamily hotels. This fall, just use your Hilton HHonors Visa Card to pay for a stay at any Hilton Family hotel from September 1 through November 30, 2006, and you'll earn 7,500 bonus points."

Looks like some pretty easy points. ^
Old Jul 23, 2006, 6:06 am

Anybody else get this? If so, please give some details on your HH status, number of stays recently and why you think you may have been targeted. Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:41 am

I got it...

I received this same offer last week. I'm Gold and have 3 stays (11 nights) this year including a stay earlier this month at Hilton Cancun. My stays have been at hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn and Hilton properties.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
I received an offer that gives a bonus of 2500 points per month , for the month of July, August, and September, if I charge it at least once in each month.

That's what they'll get, one very small charge each month.

Overall, I think the Citi Hilton Visa card is not as good as the Amex Hilton card, as far as the earning rates go.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by upgrader
If so, please give some details on your HH status, number of stays recently and why you think you may have been targeted. Thanks.
I received the exact same offer/verbiage as the OP's. I stay upwards of 100 nights in all the different brands, roughly 70/30 mix between NA and international, equally spread out throughout the year. I don't use the HH Visa card very much - maybe that's why I got the offer?
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:15 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow

Originally Posted by JT_BOS
Overall, I think the Citi Hilton Visa card is not as good as the Amex Hilton card, as far as the earning rates go.
Because of Amex's higher merchant fees, its cards can afford to offer us more points. Just like the *wood Amex for US residents earns more *points than the *wood MC for Canadians!

Still, I like the new Marriott Premier Visa for restaurants & airline tix because IMO 2 Marriott points > 2 HHonors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.