Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors® Visa® Signature Card from Citibank®

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors® Visa® Signature Card from Citibank®

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2006, 1:22 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
HHonors Visa 15K sign up bonus:
http://citi-creditcards.bridgetrack....or_program.htm

HHonors AMEX 25K (with 4 stays) sign-up bonus:
https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...=EzI%2Ap8oPimU
Old Mar 16, 2006, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Thanks for the 15,000 point link. I called cardmember services and they said they can't add on the additional 5k points right now under I receive the card. So hopefully I'll be able to do that when the card arrives next week.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jzafar
I can't find a Citibank 20,000 Hilton Hhonors offer. Just the AMEX one. And with that it's 10,000 with first purchase and 2,500/4 stays. That is only good if you have plans to stay.
Uh ... just curious, but if you have no plans to stay, why do you need the card/points?
Old Mar 16, 2006, 8:42 pm

Because my husband and I always make plans the month or so before. It's nice to have the points on hand. A couple years ago, we made last minute plans to go to Germany and stayed at the Hilton City Munich for free due to points I had sitting in my account.

We are planning to go to Cardiff either this fall or spring, so I would like to stay a the Cardiff Hilton.

And who knows what might come up this summer....
Old Mar 17, 2006, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Because my husband and I always make plans the month or so before. It's nice to have the points on hand. A couple years ago, we made last minute plans to go to Germany and stayed at the Hilton City Munich for free due to points I had sitting in my account.

We are planning to go to Cardiff either this fall or spring, so I would like to stay a the Cardiff Hilton.

And who knows what might come up this summer....
Well, OK, but...

1. It takes a lot of Hilton points for rooms in decent and popular properties, and...

2. Unless you're a Diamond, availability might be a serious issue. And the only way to get Diamond is by staying in Hilton properties.

OTOH, you might get lucky. I know I have in the past.

And, by way of encouragement, I've racked up over 100,000 Hilton points in the last year or so just by using the card. Your plans are definitely practical.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 1:18 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by MKEbound
Earn 15,000 bonus points with your very first purchase*
Earn an additional 10,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points - that's 2,500 Hilton HHonors bonus points for each of your first four stays at any Hilton Family Hotel
It's not clear whether the 4 stays have to be charged on the Amex card. Does anybody here know?
Old Mar 19, 2006, 1:22 pm

Not sure. I just got the amex, but I made all my reservations before I had it.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by nsx
It's not clear whether the 4 stays have to be charged on the Amex card. Does anybody here know?

The stays have to be charged to the Hilton Amex.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 3:32 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, SPG Preferred Plus
Same happened to me

Thanks for the 15,000 point link. I called cardmember services and they said they can't add on the additional 5k points right now under I receive the card. So hopefully I'll be able to do that when the card arrives next week.
Any update on this? I signed up for both the AMEX and Citi card with 10,000 bonus miles with first purchase. But now I realize that with both there are offers for 15,000 with first purchase. Were they down with adding the miles? And should I call before or after I make that first purchase?
Old Mar 19, 2006, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Citi 15K link still works, but not the AMEX link for 15K, it is 10K only now

You can apply thru the AMEX 15K link, but what you get back is 10K bonus instead of 15K.

When you click on the 15K link, then click "learn more", the bonus shows 10K. I got the card thru the 15K link with instant approval but the bonus is 10K - both in the brochure come with the card, and detailed by the CSR when I called to activate the card.

AMEX earn more points via spending though - 5, 3, versus Citi 3, 2.

Get both and use AMEX for your spending.

Originally Posted by MKEbound
HHonors Visa 15K sign up bonus:
http://citi-creditcards.bridgetrack....or_program.htm

Last edited by Happy; Jul 26, 2006 at 10:19 am
Old Mar 19, 2006, 6:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, SPG Preferred Plus
In addition to the various other questions above, I have one more to add: The 2,500 extra points you get for your first four stays at Hilton with the AMEX... any time limit to get those bonus points? Within a year? No time limit?
Old Mar 20, 2006, 3:21 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Originally Posted by UCLA_Tico
In addition to the various other questions above, I have one more to add: The 2,500 extra points you get for your first four stays at Hilton with the AMEX... any time limit to get those bonus points? Within a year? No time limit?
Within a year
Old Mar 23, 2006, 11:18 am

I just got my Hiltons Amex card that I got from an online link awarding 10,000 points with first purchase. I found out about the 15,000 link after I had applied for the 10,000 one. I called in and activated my card now and told them about the 15,000 link. They WILL NOT give me the extra 5,000 points.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would not bother to call, see my post No.15

if you click thru the 15K link from AMEX, then click the benefit tab - the bonus now shows 10K, not 15K.

I applied thru this 15K link, got instant approval and rec'd card - the literature came with the card said 10K bonus.

obviously they did not extend the 15K offer after Dec. Unless someone rec'd a new link and post to share, otherwise, it is 10K.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 2:13 pm

Shazam! From the AmEx forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.