Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for New Member Referrals: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Current Member get Member website (other older websites are still available online):

---Dead link removed---

Referer gets 1,000 bonus points per stay, up to 25,000 points, referee gets 1,000 bonus points after second stay.
Print Wikipost

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for New Member Referrals: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2002, 6:51 am

I did send an email to [email protected] and they took care of it.
Old Aug 15, 2002, 6:38 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks for this info. Referred 4 people to HHonors at the end of July and have received 3,000 points for 3 stays that they have had so far.

Would never of known about this without flyertalk and the way everyone shares information.
Old Aug 15, 2002, 7:30 am

Hi,

DJC or anyone else who knows, I have a question. Where exactly on your profile does it list the numbers of the people you referred, and how long did it take before their info showed up on your account? I signed up a few friends last week, but nothing shows up on my online account indicating that yet.
Old Aug 15, 2002, 7:41 am

You won't see anything online indicating your referrals. If you know for sure that they had stays and you didn't get points, call HHonors.
Old Aug 15, 2002, 10:50 am

I have recieved 19,000 points from this. I was told I would max out at 25,000.
Old Aug 29, 2002, 2:53 pm

1000 HH REFERAL BONUS

Hi board ! I´m in need of 2.000 HHonors points for an award stay. Any FTer is going to sing up with HHonors in the near future or just signed up a few days / weeks ago ? I would highly appreciate if there would be two FTers out there I can refer to HHonors to get the 2.000 points.

Please send me an email.
Thanx
Old Aug 29, 2002, 3:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by servus:
Hi board ! I´m in need of 2.000 HHonors points for an award stay. Any FTer is going to sing up with HHonors in the near future or just signed up a few days / weeks ago ? I would highly appreciate if there would be two FTers out there I can refer to HHonors to get the 2.000 points.

Please send me an email.
Thanx
</font>
AFAIK, referral bonus is based not on the enrollment of a new member, but rather on his/her stays at a Hilton property. Besides, a new member can sign up online and earn 1,000 HH bonus points himself/herself instead of you.

Also, if you lack just 2,000 points for your award, call HHonors and chances are they will allow your account go negative. You will be able to restore your account by updating your profile next quarter (only a month from now), provided you've used up both updates this quarter.

If everything else fails, you can always purchase 2,000 points for $20 directly from HHonors.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 12:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
An oldie but a goodie!!

Here's the deal -- I just got my spouse's fairly new HHonors account linked up with mine through the Member Get A Member (MGAM) program.

It is still in place, and now not only will she be getting the 50,000 CNTU points, but I will also be getting the 1,000 extra points for each of her stays (forever! up to 5 a year).

How's them apples?
The HHonors rep said she remembered the program from years ago, but hadn't used it in a long time -- but said it is still there and ready for use.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 8:09 pm

I love this bonus. I have recieved 38,000 points due to this (1 1/2 years and counting) .

[This message has been edited by keywestbars (edited 09-27-2002).]
Old Sep 28, 2002, 4:39 pm

Please forgive simple minded questions: 1--does the person you referred still get the HH points do to them?( in addition and separately my getting 1,000 HH for each of their stay). 2--can you refer an existing HH member?
Old Sep 28, 2002, 7:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by best:
Please forgive simple minded questions: 1--does the person you referred still get the HH points do to them?( in addition and separately my getting 1,000 HH for each of their stay). 2--can you refer an existing HH member?</font>
1 - Yes
2 - I referred a couple of people who were HHonors members for a couple of months and have gotten the 1000 point bonus for their stays.

Old Sep 29, 2002, 6:18 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by best:
Please forgive simple minded questions: 1--does the person you referred still get the HH points do to them?( in addition and separately my getting 1,000 HH for each of their stay). 2--can you refer an existing HH member?</font>
I just signed up my wife and called HH to sign her up with MGAM. I was told by the HH agent that I only 1000 points for her first stay, and not for each stay. I was under the impression that I would get 1000 for each stay up to a max of 5000 per year. The agent said the 5000 point limit was correct, but would need to be from 5 different linked members, not all from one.

Does anyone know the real story? Was the agent correct in her interpretation? She was really trying hard to get me to merge the two aco****s for a mutual fund. I declined that option for now, hoping to get the 5000 for MGAM, as well as the points each quarter for profile updates and possibly a new 50K bonus that might come about next year, before possibly merging later.
Old Sep 29, 2002, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
You can sign up to 5 people and get up to 5000 per year from each of them for a total of 25K. Since a lot of reps are unfamiliar with this - they give out misinformation. So if she stays 5 times you will get 1000 points 5 times, and SHE will get HER points and bonuses.

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Sep 29, 2002, 10:56 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgordon:
You can sign up to 5 people and get up to 5000 per year from each of them for a total of 25K. Since a lot of reps are unfamiliar with this - they give out misinformation. So if she stays 5 times you will get 1000 points 5 times, and SHE will get HER points and bonuses.
</font>
Thanks. That is what I understood. She really didn't want to process the MGAM link, but I insisted and she reluctantly did it. She was insistent that a mutual account would be better, providing my wife Diamond status.

If we later do merge the aco****s to a mutual account, will they add together any stays/nights for the current year?
Old Sep 30, 2002, 6:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgordon:
... Since a lot of reps are unfamiliar with this - they give out misinformation. ...</font>
Even Adam Burke gives out misinformation about this program. Check out the last post from this archived thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001276.html

Related thread from the FT archives:

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/001274.html

[This message has been edited by dhacker (edited 09-30-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.