Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End {GBR}

Has anyone have anymore info on this new property? Due to open in December 2010. It was formerly the Park Inn Boddington Hotel. I wonder what Cat. group this will fall into?

92 Southampton Row
London, United Kingdom, WC1B 4BH
44-207-2422828

Website says:
Our Hotel

With it's beautiful Edwardian façade, the newly- removated Doubletree by Hilton, West End is ideally located in London's historic district of Bloomsbury, between Holborn and Russell Square tube stations. The hotel is a stone's throw from the British Museum and walking distance to top attractions such as Covent Garden, the West End and the shops of Oxford Street. With it's beautiful Edwardian façade, the newly- removated Doubletree by Hilton, West End is ideally located in London's historic district of Bloomsbury, between Holborn and Russell Square tube stations. The hotel is a stone's throw from the British Museum and walking distance to top attractions such as Covent Garden, the West End and the shops of Oxford Street.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
The area has quite a few large tourist class hotels that are mostly block booked by coach tours. Interesting area, with the British Museum nearby, pleasant walk to the city centre: covent garden - 4 mins, Leicester Sq just a little more.

But bit surprised it's going to be a Doubletree. It looks very 3 star, in keeping with the other area hotels. I'm confused as the other London Doubletree was previously a Kempinski and has much better quality accomodation.

I live nearby and walk past it occasionaly. Will check to see if there is much improvement. It was trading as normal last month. Doubt it will have been closed for the work.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Looks like it had been a the Park Inn Russell Sq, and before that The Bonnington Hotel. Trip Advisor comments from the last few months indicate it has been undergoing renovations, so that's possible a good sign...
Old Oct 24, 2010, 5:57 pm

Walked past today. There is some scaffolding outside, but this appears to be for new signage/canopy. The building is quite old and has some character.

Looking inside I noticed that most of the reception area is walled off for redevelopment, so it looks like there is money being spent on it, rather than just a new sign. It may be worth a try especially if opening rates are reasonable. I notice that it is graded 4 star at the moment by AA. Still trading as a Park Inn.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
cool....another doubletree in london....
Old Oct 25, 2010, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by saad
cool....another doubletree in london....
and that is good because....?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
and that is good because....?
i like the doubletree brand....
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saad
i like the doubletree brand....
You seem to be rather in a minority of one there
Old Oct 25, 2010, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
You seem to be rather in a minority of one there
i might be....but i still like the brand....have had a bunch of good stays....
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold
Not a big fan of Doubletree in the U.S. However my stay at Doubletree Courthouse London last year was great. Another HHonors property in United Kingdom is always welcome.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by awcrounse
Not a big fan of Doubletree in the U.S. However my stay at Doubletree Courthouse London last year was great. Another HHonors property in United Kingdom is always welcome.
very true....i really like the property in london....i've also had a bunch of good stays at the doubletree in ny....in december i'll be staying at the brand new doubletree in kuala lumpur....looking forward to that....
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:02 pm

I've noticed that this hotel is no longer listed on hilton.com.

Previously it was an 'opening shortly', but now no mention, even for February dates. Anyone know what happened? Did Hilton decide it no longer made the grade? I can see the Doubletree Courthouse may have objected.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dan72
I can see the Doubletree Courthouse may have objected.
why would they object????
Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:42 am

The rates look reasonable in the January sale here - they are showing exec rooms so looks like they are going to have a lounge.

Are doubletree lounges just the same as 'hilton' lounges - free alcohol etc?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by feeona123
The rates look reasonable in the January sale here - they are showing exec rooms so looks like they are going to have a lounge.

Are doubletree lounges just the same as 'hilton' lounges - free alcohol etc?
Availability of Exec rooms does not always mean that there is a lounge, some properties have rooms described as Exec but have no lounge, The Hilton Whistler for instance but I can think of others here in the UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.