Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Does anyone ever get room upgrades at Hilton Garden Inn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:49 pm
mmo
Original Poster

Hello,
We are going to Hilton Garden Inn, Tribeca this Thursday. Just wondering
if anyone has been givien a room upgrade here? I am gold, and I have
set my my way to free breakfast, but was just curious on the room.
We are booked into a Double/Double Evo Whirlpool room. Not sure if the rooms are all the same size or some slightly bigger. Thanks!!
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:50 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Have gotten HGI upgrades to junior or whirlpool suites many times.

Check the "More Accommodations" link on the hotel's web page, and you will see exactly what kind of inventory they have if you want to ask for a specific upgrade.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by cblaisd

Check the "More Accommodations" link on the hotel's web page, and you will see exactly what kind of inventory they have if you want to ask for a specific upgrade.
+1.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.

I get more upgrades at HGI, than I do at hotels where a room upgrade is a benefit of status.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
have only stayed in one hgi so far & i was told that they have only one type of room at the property, with the choice of either a king or 2 double beds....
Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:31 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Yes. I am sitting in a jetted tub suite (but not in the tub) as I type, on a AAA rate. Had a Jr. Suite last week for 6 days in CA <$100 AAA Rate again. Sweet! Does not always happen though.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:33 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by saad
have only stayed in one hgi so far & i was told that they have only one type of room at the property, with the choice of either a king or 2 double beds....
It may have to do with the size and age of the property.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:49 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,

Thanks for the tip. It did not occur to me to look for a comprehensive view of the hotel's inventory!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I have stayed 4/5 times at the HGI at Malpensa Airport(Milan) and except the very 1st time, they have always given me a suite, even the last time where I had "My Way" preferences to points, because I depart too early to have b/fast.
In any case, travelling solo, I do not see it as a major benefit.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Italy98
It may have to do with the size and age of the property.
perhaps....the property is small & opened about 10 months ago....
Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:58 am
mmo
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the input! I will report back next week when I return.
I love NY!!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Upgrades aren't a benefit at HGI but I have been upgraded if they have the inventor usually.

I stay at the HGI times square north a lot and they charge more for a corner room which I like. I used to always get upgraded in the past and last time I stayed there there was a nor-1 for $9 and also another option for a 2 p.m. checkout that was either $20 or $40.

I didn't select either and requested a corner room in the comment. When I did the online check in corner rooms were showing up with no additional charge and I got a 3:30 p.m. check out with no problem.

I you don't know the room numbering system of the property I would skip the online checkin and just ask for that room type at the property when you arirve.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:23 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Its not a VIP benefits but some HGIs try their most to please you and when they have a "better" room they'd be willing to give it to you.
It helps if you are a frequent guest at that particular HGI.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:15 pm

I'm just a gold, but with the exception of the HGI SFO North (which never seems to upgrade), I'd say I'm running better than 50/50 on spontaneous HGI upgrades (I've never asked for an upgrade).
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:59 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The staff there told me that they do not, in fact, have any but standard rooms at that property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.