Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Via Sants Tapestry Hotel Barcelona, Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2023, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver

Via Sants Hotel Barcelona

1 Review | 100% Recommended

, ES

Via Sants Hotel Barcelona Review (2 Photos)

Recently booked 2 rooms for 3 nights at the Via Sants Hotel Barcelona.

Check In

We arrived at around 3:00 on a Sunday.  Check in was quick and our rooms were ready when we arrived.  There were 4 people waiting in the lobby area for rooms.  We booked King Deluxe rooms with balcony (the highest category room).  It appeared that the other people waiting had booked different room category which may explain why their rooms weren’t ready. 

Room

We had a King Deluxe room with a balcony.  The room was relatively small (standard sized for most rooms in larger European cities) but functional and efficiently arranged.  The hotel is fairly new, and the furnishings, fittings, and finish were in very good shape.  There was a small shelf along the wall opposite the bed that had a good number of electrical outlets.  There was a fridge, safe, and a spacious closet/wardrobe.  The bathroom was fairly large by European standards and had a single sink, large vanity, and large stall shower.   The Juliette balcony was shallow, and not really a practical place to spend time.  Our room overlooked the street and the former prison (now vacant) across the street.  Apparently, rooms on the opposite side have a view of a courtyard, though we were not able to get a look at those rooms.  The soundproofing was good and there was very little street noise. 

Service

The staff was friendly and accommodating.  I requested that both rooms be placed on a single folio and this was done with no issues.  We’re pretty low maintenance travelers, so we didn’t really need much else from the staff. 

Dining

There is a small bar and a breakfast area immediately off the front desk.  We didn’t use the bar, but had breakfast each day.  The full buffet was included for diamond guests and was 18 Euros otherwise.  The buffet included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, sauteed vegetables, yogurt, meats, cheeses, fruit, breads, pastries, cereals, milk, coffee, tea, and juice.  The food was good, though the eggs were consistently overcooked (a common issue with hotel buffets). 

The hotel is in a largely residential neighborhood surrounded mostly by apartment buildings, small shops, and restaurants.  It is very close (5 minute walk) to the Barcelona Sants train station.  There are plenty of taxis roving the neighborhood due to the proximity of the train station, so it was easy to get one (we used the Free-Now taxi app which worked well).  The Parc Joan Miro is a 10 minute walk.IMG_5815.jpg

Joan Miro Sculpture.

Overall

I only took the one picture of the view from our room.  Otherwise, the pictures on the Hilton website do a pretty good job showing the property details.   

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/bcnsaup-barcelona-sants-hotel/gallery/

We had a pleasant stay and I would recommend the property for folks needing to be in the Sants neighborhood. 

IMG_5813.jpg

The view from our room.

Via Sants Hotel Barcelona Review

Would you like to write a review on the Via Sants Hotel Barcelona?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 7, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: HH, *G
Thanks for the review! Will likely be staying here this summer. Do you happen to know if they have self-serve laundry?
Old May 7, 2023, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mball
Thanks for the review! Will likely be staying here this summer. Do you happen to know if they have self-serve laundry?
I didn't see one or see signs for one, however, I wasn't really looking for one so I may have missed it. In our travels I noticed several self serve launderettes within a few minutes walk of the hotel.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Surprised that there aren’t more responses here of stays at this hotel where I stayed here for 3 nights back in early September. First time in Barcelona and it was at the time a rocky start to my holiday. I get off at Sants train station around 9 PM and it was a relatively quick walk to the hotel, about 10 minutes if that. There is a metro station (Sants Estacio) that connects to 2 different lines along with a small convenience store both right around the corner from the hotel. This is a small boutique-like hotel located in a quiet neighborhood, less than 100 rooms, and I was told business was very good ever since they opened.

After a prompt check in I soon was dropping off things in my non-upgraded room which was contemporary and had very distinctive touches. There was an open closet and most of the floor space was taken up with the very plush bed. Thankfully a mini-fridge was included with the room along with a box of chocolates. However, the bathroom had no washcloths.

While the downstairs restaurant had nice furnishings, the menu was very limited and the mushroom pasta I had for dinner was mushy and bland with a glue-like gloopy sauce. The breakfast next morning was much better despite a somewhat limited selection. There were at most 3-4 hot dishes and no extensive breakfast buffet but given the size of the hotel not too big a deal. I do appreciate how there were small glass jugs of water in the lobby and friendly staff saying “welcome back, sir” whenever I returned from tourism.

There is also a rooftop area where there are some chairs and exercise equipment, and while I was told there was also a bar, it did not exist when I went up there.

Hilton has been upping their game in Barcelona recently and this is a great addition to their portfolio. My rate was 209 EUR per night and given the convenient location (its best aspect), the distinctive character, and the quiet neighborhood, is a great choice especially for first-timers to the city. Just avoid the restaurant for anything other than breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.