Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by edison
I had the same "offer" of 450-540USD + tax. In fact, they have changed all my reservations with the new rate. I am disappointed because there is barely any discounts in this price, and in fact, they are not value much business from this board.

Anyone has written any questions and complaints in regard to this? Any responses yet?
I don't understand how Hilton can change the rates on a reservation which we reserved at fa-different, pre-paid rates.

Why did they leave it on the old res#?

Are we locked into something (the rate) we did NOT agree to?

We entered into an agreement and have documentation at the OLD rate!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:27 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by BiziBB
I don't understand how Hilton can change the rates on a reservation which we reserved at fa-different, pre-paid rates.

Why did they leave it on the old res#?

Are we locked into something (the rate) we did NOT agree to?

We entered into an agreement and have documentation at the OLD rate!
So are your original bookings are all Advanced Payments? How much did they deduct from you? The old rate or the new one? Maybe we should have some kind of formal response together here?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: DL, HH
We had booked advanced pay, overwater, with Breakfast + Dinner. We just received an email with the confirmation and the adjusted total for the stay... it is now $570 per night (no real discount). They have not charged anything on our Credit Card yet.

We had a contract and they do not even call to advise us. Just an email. This is not sufficient. We will have to call them tonight and see what happens.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: MP 1K to 2P - painful
Parker,
I'm curious what was the outcome of the call?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
E-mail address?

I would like to contact the hotel, but do not want to call or fax which is all that is available on the website. Does anyone have an e-mail address they can share?

TIA
Old Feb 3, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IC Amb.
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I would like to contact the hotel, but do not want to call or fax which is all that is available on the website. Does anyone have an e-mail address they can share?

TIA
[email protected]

This is the general hotel email. If you communicated with anybody while this was a Sheraton, their email is still their name @hilton-moorea.pf
Old Feb 3, 2009, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Or the person who sent out offers to people who had booked: [email protected]
Old Feb 3, 2009, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Or the person who sent out offers to people who had booked: [email protected]
I guess there has been no official response from Evonne/Hilton yet for everyone who has responded to her email in regard to existing bookings?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by davidjdewey
[email protected]

This is the general hotel email. If you communicated with anybody while this was a Sheraton, their email is still their name @hilton-moorea.pf
Thanks for this info. Just as I was sending out my e-mail to the Hilton Moorea, I got a response to an e-mail I sent to [email protected] this morning:

We do not have a public email address for the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa. If you require direct hotel assistance, please contact the property via telephone at 689-689-551111 or by fax at 689-689-551011.

Old Feb 4, 2009, 6:04 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
There is only one set of 689 in the phone numbers. Hilton corporate is sending out the wrong information. I've used just one 689 and got through just fine.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: LH SEN
Hilton doesn't seem to budge

While I didn't really expect that Hilton would honor my reservation, the follow-up is abysmal: slow and not willing to compromise.

I consider the indicator of quality for airlines, hotels etc. is how a company follows up on mishaps. Starwood handled a mishap during one of my recent stays brilliantly, Hilton apparently cannot.

Smart thinking, they are saving a few bucks here, but making me shift all my business this year towards other hotel chains.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Van_Looy
While I didn't really expect that Hilton would honor my reservation, the follow-up is abysmal: slow and not willing to compromise.

I consider the indicator of quality for airlines, hotels etc. is how a company follows up on mishaps. Starwood handled a mishap during one of my recent stays brilliantly, Hilton apparently cannot.

Smart thinking, they are saving a few bucks here, but making me shift all my business this year towards other hotel chains.
Well it looks like Hilton is ignoring the customer's needs here. They are slow to respond and does not look like to provide some resolution and answer to us at all.

I agree that Starwood handle mishap very well and quickly, so is IHG in my past experience. So unless Hilton management change their attitude quickly looks like some of people's business will move away from Hilton.

Oh well maybe Hilton are doing extremely well they do not see us as important, even in this economic climate.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thanks for this info. Just as I was sending out my e-mail to the Hilton Moorea, I got a response to an e-mail I sent to [email protected] this morning:

Quote:
"We do not have a public email address for the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa. If you require direct hotel assistance, please contact the property via telephone at 689-689-551111 or by fax at 689-689-551011."

Wow. No email for the hotel? That would be rather low quality service even more a considerably less expensive hotel.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: Starwood, Hilton, American Air, US Air, Continental
Unhappy French Polynesia-Hilton now manageing ex-Starwood hotels

We are truly caught in the middle and are trying to work our way out: Many months ago we booked a 25th anniv trip to the Sheraton Moorea, using Starpoints, and then paying cash for an OWB upgrade. Jan 15th we got the Starwood letter that management was changing, but that trips booked on Starpoints would be honored. Right.....Now that its a Hilton, the hotel fax does not answer, the phone does not answer, Honors customer service shows no reservations at all in their system for this property, and they were as lost as I was when I called. In all fairness I got a very concerned Honors supervisor on the phone Sunday who will try to continue to contact the hotel to try to confirm that our free reservation and paid upgrade is still intact. My emails and faxes to the hotel have gone unanswered. So far, this transition is not looking good, and if the lack of response from the hotel itself is any indication of the service we'll get, perhaps we should be booking elsewhere.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 3:00 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk.

If you conduct a search on "Moorea" you will find a bunch of posts that will be of interest to you. I also suggest that you have a look at the Starwwod board.

You are not alone and I am sure that it will work out well for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.