Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Anyone been comped GOLD with 3000 missing base points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)

There was nothing I could do but I ended up 2009 with only 57.000 base points. I just could not fit in another stay in December. Has anyone been this close to retaining GOLD VIP and been given Gold for another year as a good will gesture?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Hm, gues this means "no". I might have to wait until March to see whether Hilton will downgrade me or appreciate the $5700 I spent with them last year.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
I think you can plead your case with our helpful resident HHonors rep. on the board. Perhaps they can look in to it and provide an amicable solution. Honestly with Hilton giving out so many unsolicited Golds to everyone I would be really surprised if they do not pick you up for another year.

Had you played the mattress hop game you could have had Diamond for far less than $5700.

Good luck.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:42 pm
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Hm, gues this means "no". I might have to wait until March to see whether Hilton will downgrade me or appreciate the $5700 I spent with them last year.
I was in a similar case but earlier than yourself. Early december I had ±6000 base points left to get to Gold VIP. I was planning a trip on christmas to NY that if I stayed at hilton I will definitely make it to Gold (>60000 base points). I called the HHonors to ask them to up me to Gold before I go so I can make use of the benefits (since I will be gold anyway, I was silver at that time), I told them that I am also SPG gold and I am consider the W hotel where I will receive Gold SPG benefits. At first the agent denied my request. Then I asked to speak with supervisor who was very helpful and generous to upgrade me to Gold VIP.
I did stay in Hilton times square over christmas and my base points had exceeded 60k by Dec 27 anyway. But the difference for me was that I got an upgrade and breakfast for two. Benefits that were worth around 400 USD if not more.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Sydfly
I was just missed requalifying as Diamond - on points as well - and got no love from HHonors.

Get am AMEX Surpass card - that's the group HHonors seems to favor at this point.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdemaria
I was just missed requalifying as Diamond - on points as well - and got no love from HHonors.

Get am AMEX Surpass card - that's the group HHonors seems to favor at this point.
How do you already know that they will downgrade your status? Wouldn't they wait until March to do this?

My account still shows "Gold" and if worse comes to worse I can probably get the status based on my Amex Centurion card. But this was so painful in the past and took months to do that I'd rather have them upgrade the status based on my base points from last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.