Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Rose Hall Road, Montego Bay, 00000, Jamaica
TEL: 1-876-953-2650 FAX: 1-876-684-0203

HHonors Reward Category: All-Inclusive Rewards

This is an All-Inclusive Resort. Children under 5 stay and eat free, ages 6-14 will be an additional $75/night, and age 15 and older will be charged an adult rate. Please ensure children 15 and older are registered as adults, otherwise $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in. May 1 to 20, and June 1 to 19, 2016 child charges will be waived.

Due to new tax structures in Jamaica the front desk will be collecting the tax of $4.00 at check in starting on September 1st 2012 per night per room.

Location: 7 miles east of Sangster International Airport (MBJ), ~$30 taxi ride. (~135 miles from Kingston's Norman Manley International, formerly Palisadoes - KIN).

Check-in: 4:00 pm / Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (complimentary); Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

Ownership and operations since 2025: (link)

"Sagicor, which owns three Jewel Resorts in Jamaica, completed its acquisition of the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa today. The resort will operate as Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, and will be managed by Aimbridge Hospitality. Guests of the resort will continue to have access to Hilton benefits, including the ability to participate in the Hilton HHonors® guest loyalty program. Meeting planners will continue to earn Hilton Event Planner Points by booking meetings at the resort."

updated 20 May 2016 by JDiver.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2009, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Rose Hill on the all inclusive reward? I am considering and would like to hear from those who have used this reward.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
FYI, It's Rose Hall not Rose Hill.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:38 am
Suspended

Exclamation Jamaica 4-Star Rose Hall Resort and Spa All-Inclusive Resort through June -- $99 p/p

Stay at the luxurious Rose Hall Resort and Spa, A Hilton Resort in Montego Bay's historic Rose Hall Plantation, for a fraction of the regular rates. For just $99 per person, per night, enjoy accommodations plus all meals, drinks and resort activities. This package even includes all taxes, resort fees and gratuities.

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/caribbean-mexico/558159
Old Mar 31, 2009, 7:37 am
Suspended

Unless HH spent $millions bringin in sand ( which I doubt since there is a huge controversy and criminal case in the local courts regarding the illegal relocation of white sand to foreign owned hotel beaches) to replenish this awful beach I would not go there if spending time on the beach was among priorities.

Notice also there is apparently a new HH catagory for this property with very little info on the Hilton site .. denoted catagory "ALL INCLUSIVE"????

mike
Old May 25, 2009, 12:06 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Thinking of doing the same thing. Anyone have any info.? When i check the Hilton website, it says to call (the other Hilton is available to book on-line). Is this because it is all-inclusive and there is a supplement you have to pay?

Originally Posted by bobcmcgowan
Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Rose Hill on the all inclusive reward? I am considering and would like to hear from those who have used this reward.
Old May 25, 2009, 7:31 am
Suspended

Unless you have a ton of points I would not waste them on this property.

The hotel is old Rose Hall Wyndam and Hilton would have to have spent many tens of millions of $$ to maker this place what it could (or what you might think it might be)

Jamaica has an overabundance wonderful fine white sand beaches but the beach at this property is the worst on the entire north coast.
Besides the beach being small, the sand is brown probably stained by the large quantities of seaweed which is washed inshore from the adjacent shallow flats.

If you are not beach person there are a couple of nice golf courses across the street and the Rose Hall great house is well worth a visit.

mike
Old Oct 10, 2009, 8:23 am

Hilton Rose Hall

Just curious if any Golds have had any upgrade experiences? Looking to book an All Inclusive room rate and just wondering....
Old Nov 29, 2009, 7:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Has anyone used a reward stay at this hotel.....GLON or AXON???
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by san888
Has anyone used a reward stay at this hotel.....GLON or AXON???
You cannot use a GLON or AXON at all-inclusive resorts. They have their own redemption codes and point requirements. Check the Hilton Honors site under all-inclusive rewards.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
You cannot use a GLON or AXON at all-inclusive resorts. They have their own redemption codes and point requirements. Check the Hilton Honors site under all-inclusive rewards.
Thanks,^ you are absolutely correct. In fact This hotel has a steep price tag at 60K points per night and another 20K points per child (OUCH!!). Has anyone stayed here at that price tag.

Also looking at Costa Rica DT resort (less points) can anyone give feedback.

Oh if everything were easy .......... Thanks again for feedback.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 1:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I was thinking about switching to Hilton because of this property, but after doing the calculation I may be better off paying cash. My family love this resort under its prior management and with the upgrades, I know we would not be disappointed. However, its just not worth the points they are asking.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 7:45 pm

Question Rose Hall Resort & Spa, a Hilton Resort in Jamaica

Need help, planning an April Vacation.

Has anyone traveled tyo this resort?

Used points to book?

How do they treat Diamond status (upgrades, etc....)

Any input would be appreciated, Thanks.

Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Have you tried Search? There are threads with Doubletree Resort by Hilton at Puntarenas, at least one with recent reports. Some things are indeed that easy...

Originally Posted by san888
<snip>

Also looking at Costa Rica DT resort (less points) can anyone give feedback.

Oh if everything were easy .......... Thanks again for feedback.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:37 am

I spend a lot of time at this property - 8 trips a year - and I really like it. The staff is fantastic and the rooms, though small, are well appointed and the refurb is quite nice. As a gold, I have been upgraded to a suite (read double room) which was well appointed. You may be better off looking at the cost versus use of points as the AI option can be had for quite cheap.

The food is great and the options are good. The main bar is packed up nightly. If you do go golfing, ask for Sebert to be your caddie.

Note - this is an extremely family friendly resort (lazy river and waterslide will do that!) so if it is an adult type place you are looking for....move on!!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 6:24 am

Thanks for the feedback, have had trouble getting feedback on this hotel. The rates that I have been seeing for all inclusive are in the high $300 range + $70 per child for April 11-17. And the points are 60,000 per night plus 10,000 per child.

Tough decision but I have booked airfare and we are going so I was hoping to get some feedback and or tips on how to maybe book the best option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.