Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2009, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield {US-CA}

Just returned from a one night stay. I thought this property was
quite nice--with an incredibly low rate (Friday night advance
rate was $49.00) I am Gold and received coupons for a
very adequate buffet breakfast. The property is very well
kept and the staff exceptionally good.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 10:52 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Nice find! It looks like this hotel is offering a $49 nonrefundable weekend rate much of this summer. That's a steal. My wife and I have paid more staying at the likes of Super 8 on quick trips through Bakersfield. Even at the AAA rate of $65 it's a good deal for the quality of an HGI plus the breakfast they comp for elites.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 1:20 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Am currently here on the $84 AAA rate. Was told breakfast buffet not comped at check in (am HH Gold so will have to remind tomorrow) and hotel sold out on a Friday night. Room is clean and basic with microwave, fridge and coffee maker.

Hhonors wi-fi is surprisingly quick; 6.1MBPS down, 1.7MBPS up. ^

Update: Newfangled bed is fine when dial is pegged at "firm". Took some getting used to but eventually slept well. Got buffet coupon at front desk this AM, had biscuits & gravy and a very hearty omelet with lots of coffee and juice. Service was way excellent.

Last edited by abraxis; Aug 13, 2011 at 9:40 pm
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
HGI Bakersfield Stay: Dec 31, 2011 - Jan 1, 2012

Wanted to get a review out since I've finally uploaded pictures from the stay. All the photos from the stay are located at:

Hilton_Garden_Inn_Bakersfield_CA-December_2011

Why Here? Stopping point driving back from Bay Area and wanting to avoid potential unpleasantness of driving impaired motorists during New Year's Eve. (Also had hoped that we might detour into the San Gabriel mountains if there was snow when the reservation was made - but a lack of any snow meant this just was a stopping point.)

The Reservation: Via hilton.com. AAA rate was $59/night - so I booked two rooms.

Location: Great if you're headed north/south on California 99. Not so good if you're on I5. Arrived @ dusk so no good external property pics.

Layout: Simple single building with rooms off of one central corridor:

Rooms 203 & 205: Your standard 2 queen bed rooms that connect:

You get a mini fridge and microwave (and obligatory coffee maker) in each room:

Walked over to the adjacent mall for dinner that night.

Breakfast: Since there's no breakfast charges from the Great American Grill on either folio, I can only assume that the HGI comp'd all of our breakfasts because of my Diamond status. The issues that I had with this property's breakfast that morning were their lack of industriousness in clearing tables (perhaps explainable by excessive NYE festivities by the breakfast crew - not sure) and their complete lack of interest in my request for salsa to go with the scrambled eggs that were available via the buffet. After two requests to two different server staff, someone finally went searching around and brought back two packets of some stuff that I could not characterize as anything similar to salsa. In comparison (and perhaps not the fairest one), the HGI in Pismo Beach actually prepared a quick batch of salsa cruda when I made a similar request during a stay at that property. But I conclude there.

David
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:39 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by DELee
...their complete lack of interest in my request for salsa to go with the scrambled eggs that were available via the buffet...
Slightly off topic, but after having lived in CA for a number of years, when I finally made my way back East, I made requests for salsa to go with the eggs and was met with a blank stare each time at every restaurant, followed by "we don't have that but we have hot sauce." Sure, Tabasco is a totally acceptable alternative to chunky picante salsa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.