Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

62500 points to get an Honors Amex. Good deal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2009, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

I just got a targeted offer for opening an HHonors American Express. I don't need another card, but this looks interesting? I could easily stay at Hilton 4 times in next 18 months. Are these points worth more than a night or two free?

-20,000 HHonors bonus points for first purchase
-10,000 points for four stays in first 18months (2500 per stay)
-30,000 points for spending $1500 on card in first 3 months
-2,500 for adding an additional card member
-6pts per dollar spent at Hilton or on 'everyday' purchase, 3pts per dollar elsewhere
-500 pts for booking through Hilton website
-Silver VIP status as cardmember
Old Apr 9, 2009, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
The Hilton AMEX is a good card. It looks like you have the no-fee card offer. We have it and if you use Hilton, or want to use Hilton, as a points earner then the AMEX is a good way to build up points. There are a variety of Hilton branded hotel (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suits, etc) and the redemption rates can be quite low. The AMEX also gives you an option of 4 nights at 125,000 points which can be a big point saver at some hotels.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
The AMEX also gives you an option of 4 nights at 125,000 points which can be a big point saver at some hotels.
It should be noted that the 125,000 "AXON" is now only for cat 5 hotels. Category 6 AXON award is now 145,000 pts.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 9:20 pm

Programs: CO, US, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
where did you get the offer? Is it a link or a number?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
hilton sent me the same e-mail:

http://hiltonemail.com/a/hBJ3k8nAw95...BgctG2oq/hhon3
Old Apr 9, 2009, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jammanxc
That offer is also good, but slightly different:
# Earn up to 40,000 HHonors bonus points with your first purchase2 — enough for up to five free nights3
# 20,000 HHonors bonus points over the course of your first eight stays at any participating Hilton Family hotel during your first 18 months of Cardmembership (2,500 HHonors bonus points for each stay)4
# Receive 2,500 HHonors bonus points when you add an Additional Cardmember to your account5
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jammanxc
hilton sent me the same e-mail:
Not quite the same. Besides the differences soitgoes points out, the offer is for "no annual fee" version. Your offer is for the Surpass ($75 annual).

Here is the link for the offer:

https://www143.americanexpress.com/a...tonHHonors.com

What is rough cash equivalent for 62500 miles? I would use the points for vacation stays.

I wouldn't use this card much...already have Amex Gold and ContinentalWorldMasterCard. I don't favor a single hotel chain...my destinations don't give me that luxury of choice. I'm in domestic hotels...probably 3 or 4 weeks a year.

Looking for advice, because while I know flyer miles and amex MR points very well...I don't know much about hotel points value. All my hotel accounts are set to credit my flyer program, since I rarely give one chain more than 5 nights a year.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 5:43 am

If you do sign up for this keep screen shots and printouts of your application showing the 60,000 points. They sent my new card with only 20,000 points and would not have given me the additional points without proof. It took awhile but I was able to get all 60,000.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 6:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
There is already a lengthy thread on this offer for the AMEX Surpass card, here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...n-express.html
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Notenut
There is already a lengthy thread on this offer for the AMEX Surpass card, here:
This isn't for the Surpass card. This is for the fee-free HHonors Amex.

(Though the promo mentioned by the OP was mentioned before on FT.)
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:35 am
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
HH Business

Is the HH card available to a business acct? I haven't been able to find an application for this.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Looks like they are attempting to match the Surpass offer. Right hand, left hand.

Originally Posted by Notenut

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...n-express.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.